Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
 MOD: Add avatar with image crop (on the fly)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

balexandre

Denmark
418 Posts

Posted - 29 November 2007 :  18:05:14  Show Profile  Visit balexandre's Homepage  Send balexandre an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Updated (June 16th, 2009)
new version updated by Classicmotorcycling

--> download zip file here <--

some time ago I mention that I was developing a MOD because I needed the ability to let users upload a picture, crop the picture on the fly and save it as an avatar, well, today I when Online with the MOD and is now on testing on my forum and it will be for a while, so I can publish a MOD with less flows as I can.

I made an HOW TO Video for our users and you can see it if you open this link (SWF: 10,2 Mb)

Details about the MOD
First of all you need the Avatar MOD (you can find it here) up and running, because I use the new Columns in the forum MEMBER table, secondly you need to have the forum hosted with 2 objects, ASPUpload and ASPjpeg (these are responsible to Upload the file into the server, and to crop the image) [much more latter I will update the mod without the ASPUpload Object and with other Image Objects] - this tho are the most popular used by Shared Hosting Companies, like Brinkster or Discount ASP.NET.

the MOD consists in only 2 files

avatar_user_upload.asp (text version)
avatar_user_croppingimage.asp (text version)

plus all JS and CSS from http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/index.html?whichScript=image-crop

the first consists in secure the user, let it select the picture and upload and after the crop is done, display and insert the new avatar in the MEMBERS table
the second only consists in present the uploaded picture and with a nice and friendly tool, let the user to crop the image at will.

Functionality about the MOD
The user uploads a picture (PNG, GIF, BMP, TIF) free of size, after the crop, the MOD creates a new JPG image with 96 x 96 pixels and 100% jpeg compression, it names [username].jpg and deletes the original from the server adding the new URL to the MEMBERS table.

Some pictures of the MOD

<

Bruno Alexandre
(Strøby, DANMARK)

"a Portuguese in Danmark"

Edited by - balexandre on 19 March 2012 03:27:52

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 30 November 2007 :  06:00:58  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What a choice!

Do I want the MOD or the baby in the picture!

Can I have both? <
Go to Top of Page

balexandre

Denmark
418 Posts

Posted - 30 November 2007 :  09:02:39  Show Profile  Visit balexandre's Homepage  Send balexandre an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
baby is mineeeee, onlyyy mine, eheheh

my daughter with 3 month <

Bruno Alexandre
(Strøby, DANMARK)

Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 01 December 2007 :  00:52:03  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh it doesn't hurt to ask!

*striking the baby off of the wish list!*<

Edited by - Etymon on 01 December 2007 00:52:46
Go to Top of Page

Panhandler
Average Member

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2007 :  09:10:16  Show Profile  Visit Panhandler's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Where are the files:?:

<

"5-in-1 Snitz Common Expansion Pack" - five popular mods packaged for easy install
". . .on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam. . ."
HarborClassifieds
Support Snitz Forums

Go to Top of Page

balexandre

Denmark
418 Posts

Posted - 04 December 2007 :  10:12:59  Show Profile  Visit balexandre's Homepage  Send balexandre an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
thy are being intensively tested by the users of my forum

give it 2 weeks for testing and bugs fix, and so I can replace all the Portuguese sentences with a proper Language selector file
<

Bruno Alexandre
(Strøby, DANMARK)

Go to Top of Page

Lon
Starting Member

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 19 December 2007 :  13:20:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bump

It's been 2 weeks....

Sounds like an AWSOME MOD! Thanks for working so hard on it.<

Edited by - Lon on 12 January 2008 22:02:44
Go to Top of Page

balexandre

Denmark
418 Posts

Posted - 19 December 2007 :  15:25:59  Show Profile  Visit balexandre's Homepage  Send balexandre an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
and my users are loving it

after new years I will paste the complete MOD <

Bruno Alexandre
(Strøby, DANMARK)

Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2008 :  14:07:35  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Peeking in just to see how this MOD might be progressing. <
Go to Top of Page

balexandre

Denmark
418 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2008 :  14:07:56  Show Profile  Visit balexandre's Homepage  Send balexandre an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
I'm trying to avoid working with 2 asp components, the ASPUpload and ASPjpeg that, right now you need to have installed in your machine to this MOD properly work.

<

Bruno Alexandre
(Strøby, DANMARK)

Go to Top of Page

AnonJr

United States
5765 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2008 :  14:21:22  Show Profile  Visit AnonJr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Too bad this only seems to work with GIFs... I'm willing to bet that there is something out there though.

http://chris.brimson-read.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2&Itemid=2

<
Go to Top of Page

MaD2ko0l

United Kingdom
1053 Posts

Posted - 13 April 2008 :  15:34:41  Show Profile  Visit MaD2ko0l's Homepage  Reply with Quote
any news on this mod yet?<

© 1999-2010 MaD2ko0l
Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 15 April 2008 :  00:00:36  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by balexandre

I'm trying to avoid working with 2 asp components, the ASPUpload and ASPjpeg that, right now you need to have installed in your machine to this MOD properly work.

Hi balexandre,

I don't mind if those components are needed. The machine I am using has those on it.<
Go to Top of Page

balexandre

Denmark
418 Posts

Posted - 22 July 2008 :  08:59:31  Show Profile  Visit balexandre's Homepage  Send balexandre an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
I do not have any time to finish the code... does anyone want like it is?

it is working and all my Forum users love it.<

Bruno Alexandre
(Strøby, DANMARK)

Go to Top of Page

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4207 Posts

Posted - 22 July 2008 :  09:22:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sure, I'll take a stab at updating it if you'll post a link.<
Go to Top of Page

balexandre

Denmark
418 Posts

Posted - 22 July 2008 :  09:30:09  Show Profile  Visit balexandre's Homepage  Send balexandre an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
updated...

Note that is Like it is, I did nothing about making the MOD user friendly! soon I have the time, or with your help <

Bruno Alexandre
(Strøby, DANMARK)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07