New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

garyrobar

Canada
90 Posts

Posted - 16 December 2008 :  11:37:04  Show Profile  Visit garyrobar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wrote a quick script to more easily point out duplicate posters (BY IP ADDRESS)

Just replace part with your own conn string, and your own url...(in caps lock below) This is meant to be saved as it's own page.

You get a print out of any members with an IP address that another member also has. It orders by IP address, so you can easily see what members are creating mults.

I typically delete the duplicates that have no posts. Sometime I'll move all posts under the oldest account for the same person.

<table border-collapse="separate" style="border:1px solid #D8D8D8;" cellpadding="9" cellspacing="1">
<tr>
<td valign="top" class="border" align="left">
<div class="title" style="text-align: left;">Find Duplicate Member Profiles</div>

<p>This table shows the contents of the url fields in the user profiles.</p>
<table cellpadding="3" class="stattable" style="border-collapse: collapse;">
<tr bgcolor="#e0e0e0">
<td align="center">Member ID</td>
<td align="center">Posts</td>
<td align="center">Member Name</td>
<td align="center">IP Address</td>
<td align="center">Email</td>
</tr>
<%
dim gfn, grs, gSQL

Set gfn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
gfn.Open [#########YOUR CONN STRING#########]
Set grs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")

gSQL = "select member_id, m_posts, m_name, m_ip, m_email from forum_members order by m_ip"

grs.Open gSQL, gfn, adOpenStatic

if grs.eof then
response.write "<tr><td> -na- </td><td>0</td><td>0</td></tr>"
else

thisloop = "5555555555"
lastloop = "8888888888"

do while not grs.eof
i=i+1
lastloop = currentloop
currentloop = grs("m_ip")
outputlast = output

'put current row in the variable
output = "<tr><td><a target=""_new"" href=""http://www.YOURURL.TLD/forum/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=" & grs("member_id") & """>" & grs("member_id") & "</a></td><td>" & grs("m_posts") & "</td><td>" & grs("m_name") & "</td><td>" & grs("m_ip") & "</td><td>" & grs("m_email") & "</td></tr>"

if currentloop = lastloop then
if flag = 1 then '---is a subsequent - so only print curr row
response.write output
else
response.write outputlast
response.write output
end if
flag = 1
else
flag = 0
end if

grs.movenext

loop
end if

grs.Close
Set grs = Nothing
gfn.Close
Set gfn= Nothing
Set gSQL = Nothing
%>
</table>
<%
response.write "<p>There were " & i & " total duplicates found in the table.</p>"
%>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

<

SEO For Snitz Forum

Edited by - garyrobar on 16 December 2008 13:18:49

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 16 December 2008 :  11:44:14  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Gary,

Thanks for the code!

Hey, Just a quick question ... have you ever encountered multiple IP Addresses per member before?

I've seen it before where the m_ip field would look like this for example (replace the 0's with real numbers):

000.000.000.000, 000.000.000.000

<

Edited by - Etymon on 16 December 2008 11:44:29
Go to Top of Page

garyrobar

Canada
90 Posts

Posted - 16 December 2008 :  12:02:16  Show Profile  Visit garyrobar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
let me have a quick look....<

SEO For Snitz Forum
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 16 December 2008 :  12:06:53  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
this is quite common, and is related to proxy servers. there is a mod/fix about that sorts it out<
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 16 December 2008 :  12:08:38  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
and by the way, just because more than one member shares an ip address does not mean they are a duplicate poster or even the same person for that matter<
Go to Top of Page

AnonJr

United States
5765 Posts

Posted - 16 December 2008 :  12:08:57  Show Profile  Visit AnonJr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You've got to be careful when using just the IP. If multiple members are in the same college dorm they could appear to have the same IP. Even the e-mail address may be different as I've had a couple double-entrants with different IPs and different e-mails - the rest of the profile was the same and in their post they mentioned that they were the same person.

Having said that, it looks like you've got that reasonably well in hand by linking to the profile page.

As a side note, if you put your code in the [ scrollcode ] tags (sans spaces) it will make it a little easier on the eyes and keep people from having to scroll the page to read replies. <
Go to Top of Page

garyrobar

Canada
90 Posts

Posted - 16 December 2008 :  12:10:29  Show Profile  Visit garyrobar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I checked, and the IP field "m_ip" (and m_last_ip) and all of my data is clean.

Have you added many/any mods that might have caused that?

Basically, there is no way that one member can register from two locations, right? When you find the multiples, are they the same IP? or Different IP?

I wonder if the network the user is behind effectively pushes a "multiple IP" range, instead of just one IP? For example, what if someone registered from within a google data center where there are many IP's and probably some load balancers...??? Just trying to figure all possibilities.<

SEO For Snitz Forum
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 16 December 2008 :  12:15:22  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
as i said above, it is todo with proxy servers. each proxy you are passed through appends it's ip to the end of the variabl<
Go to Top of Page

garyrobar

Canada
90 Posts

Posted - 16 December 2008 :  12:27:37  Show Profile  Visit garyrobar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yeah, I get that there can be multiple legit users at the same IP - It's more just to let me eye-up those abusers....for example, It helps me spot spammers....here is a group of spam profiles that someone manually registered that appears to be cellphone industry spammers. (0 posts over all of their accounts) Since they were registered over a number of days, It wasn't totally obvious. They registered the spam names, then registered what looks like a bunch of legit names after that to hide the spam member from "newest member" - then there is probably some bot that goes back, logs in, and posts spam...

Again, it's just a way for me to eye the member list where there are more that 1 use of an IP.

1049 0 comaero 212.247.71.34 212.247.71.34 fones4all@outgun.com
1149 0 mobile3601 212.247.71.34 212.247.71.34 mobile3601@outgun.com
1089 0 iphone_ltd 212.247.71.34 212.247.71.34 iphone_ltd@yahoo.com
1097 0 iphonss 212.247.71.34 212.247.71.34 iphonss@yahoo.com
1103 0 saleslimited01 212.247.71.34 212.247.71.34 angeloquadri@outgun.com
1044 0 comelimited 212.247.71.34 212.247.71.34 com22ster@outgun.com

and

1130 0 daustin2008 195.166.237.254 195.166.237.254 daustin2008@yahoo.com
1048 0 feroda 195.166.237.254 195.166.237.254 ferodaaccout2@yahoo.com
1045 0 IPHONE 195.166.237.254 195.166.237.254 kabiru3@outgun.com
1100 0 cupidlimited 195.166.237.254 195.166.237.254 cupidlimited@outgun.com
1064 0 company_item 195.166.237.254 195.166.237.254 adex4go@yahoo.com
1068 0 salemobile002 195.166.237.254 195.166.237.254 salemobile002@yahoo.com

<

SEO For Snitz Forum
Go to Top of Page

Classicmotorcycling
Development Team Leader

Australia
2084 Posts

Posted - 17 December 2008 :  00:01:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For some reason the code was removed for admin_duplicate_ips.asp:

<%
'#################################################################################
'## Copyright (C) 2000-02 Michael Anderson, Pierre Gorissen,
'##                       Huw Reddick and Richard Kinser
'##
'## This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
'## modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
'## as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
'## of the License, or any later version.
'##
'## All copyright notices regarding Snitz Forums 2000
'## must remain intact in the scripts and in the outputted HTML
'## The "powered by" text/logo with a link back to
'## http://forum.snitz.com in the footer of the pages MUST
'## remain visible when the pages are viewed on the internet or intranet.
'##
'## This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
'## but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
'## MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
'## GNU General Public License for more details.
'##
'## You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
'## along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
'## Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307, USA.
'##
'## Support can be obtained from support forums at:
'## http://forum.snitz.com
'##
'## Correspondence and Marketing Questions can be sent to:
'## reinhold@bigfoot.com
'##
'## or
'##
'## Snitz Communications
'## C/O: Michael Anderson
'## PO Box 200
'## Harpswell, ME 04079
'#################################################################################
%>
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="config.asp"-->
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="inc_sha256.asp"-->
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="inc_header.asp" -->
<!--#INCLUDE FILE="inc_func_admin.asp" -->
<%
if Session(strCookieURL & "Approval") <> "15916941253" then
	scriptname = split(request.servervariables("SCRIPT_NAME"),"/")
	Response.Redirect "admin_login.asp?target=" & scriptname(ubound(scriptname))
end if

Response.Write	"      <table border=""0"" width=""100%"">" & vbNewLine & _
		"        <tr>" & vbNewLine & _
		"          <td width=""33%"" align=""left"" nowrap><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """>" & vbNewLine & _
		"          " & getCurrentIcon(strIconFolderOpen,"","") & " <a href=""default.asp"">All Forums</a><br />" & vbNewLine & _
		"          " & getCurrentIcon(strIconBar,"","") & getCurrentIcon(strIconFolderOpen,"","") & " <a href=""admin_home.asp"">Admin Section</a><br />" & vbNewLine & _
		"          " & getCurrentIcon(strIconBlank,"","") & getCurrentIcon(strIconBar,"","") & getCurrentIcon(strIconFolderOpenTopic,"","") & " Duplicate IP Addresses<br /></font></td>" & vbNewLine & _
		"        </tr>" & vbNewLine & _
		"      </table>" & vbNewLine & _
		"<center><table cellpadding=""4"" cellspacing=""0"" width=""780"">" & vbNewLine & _
		"	<tr>" & vbNewLine & _
		"		<td valign=""top"" align=""left"">" & vbNewLine & _
		"			<font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strDefaultFontColor & """>Find Duplicate Member IP Addresses:<br /><br />" & vbNewLine & _
		"			This table shows the contents of the IP Address in the user profiles that are duplicates.</font><br /><br />" & vbNewLine & _
		"			<table style=""border:1px solid #" & strTableBorderColor & ";"" cellpadding=""3"" cellspacing=""0"">" & vbNewLine & _
		"				<tr>" & vbNewLine & _
		"					<td width=""100"" bgcolor=""" & strCategoryCellColor & """><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strCategoryFontColor & """>Member ID</font></td>" & vbNewLine & _
		"					<td width=""50"" bgcolor=""" & strCategoryCellColor & """><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strCategoryFontColor & """>Posts</font></td>" & vbNewLine & _
		"					<td width=""190"" bgcolor=""" & strCategoryCellColor & """><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strCategoryFontColor & """>Member Name</font></td>" & vbNewLine & _
		"					<td width=""190"" bgcolor=""" & strCategoryCellColor & """><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strCategoryFontColor & """>IP Address</font></td>" & vbNewLine & _
		"					<td width=""350"" bgcolor=""" & strCategoryCellColor & """><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strCategoryFontColor & """>Email</font></td>" & vbNewLine & _
		"				</tr>" & vbNewLine

Set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")

strSql = "SELECT MEMBER_ID, M_POSTS, M_NAME, M_IP, M_EMAIL FROM " & strMemberTablePrefix & "MEMBERS ORDER BY M_IP"

rs.Open strSql, my_Conn, adOpenForwardOnly, adLockReadOnly, adCmdText

if rs.eof then
	response.write	"				<tr>" & vbNewLine & _
			"					<td> -na- </td>" & vbNewLine & _
			"					<td>0</td>" & vbNewLine & _
			"					<td>0</td>" & vbNewLine & _
			"				</tr>" & vbNewLine
else
	thisloop = "5555555555"
	lastloop = "8888888888"

do while not rs.eof
		i=i+1
		lastloop = currentloop
		currentloop = rs("m_ip")
		outputlast = output

'put current row in the variable
		output =  "				<tr>"
		output = output & "					<td><a target=""_new"" href=""" & strForumURL & "pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=" & rs("member_id") & """><b><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strDefaultFontColor & """>" & rs("member_id") & "</font></b></a></td>"
		output = output & "					<td><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strDefaultFontColor & """>" & rs("m_posts") & "</font></td>"
		output = output & "					<td><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strDefaultFontColor & """>" & rs("m_name") & "</font></td>"
		output = output & "					<td><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strDefaultFontColor & """>" & rs("m_ip") & "</font></td>"
		output = output & "					<td><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strDefaultFontColor & """>" & rs("m_email") & "</font></td>"
		output = output & "			</tr>"

if currentloop = lastloop then
			if flag = 1 then '---is a subsequent - so only print curr row
				response.write output
			else
				response.write outputlast
				response.write output
			end if
			flag = 1
		else
			flag = 0
		end if

rs.movenext

loop
	end if

rs.Close
Set rs = Nothing

response.write	"			</table></center>" & vbNewLine & _
		"			<p><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strDefaultFontColor & """>There are a total of <b>" & i & "</b> IP Addresses found in the Database.</font></p>" & vbNewLine & _
		"		</td>" & vbNewLine & _
		"	</tr>" & vbNewLine & _
		"</table>" & vbNewLine

WriteFooter
Response.End
%>

Cheers,

David Greening
Go to Top of Page

texanman

United States
410 Posts

Posted - 17 December 2008 :  12:38:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Neat David! Thanks
Of course need to add a line in the admin_home.asp to point to admin_duplicate_ips.asp.<
Go to Top of Page

Giumer

Italy
163 Posts

Posted - 30 December 2008 :  02:37:29  Show Profile  Send Giumer an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote

=======================
http://www.Giumer.it/forum

=======================

Edited by - Giumer on 30 December 2008 02:49:10
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 30 December 2008 :  04:18:49  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
me forum is Image and is www.giumer.it
Then go to image for help.<
Go to Top of Page

Giumer

Italy
163 Posts

Posted - 30 December 2008 :  06:02:43  Show Profile  Send Giumer an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
sorry mate , this mods not is for Image , i'am include this file and me forum , and have this problem , and sorry for me english , and sorry for post ! np , delete this post and thx !<

=======================

=======================
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 30 December 2008 :  06:04:36  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we do not offer assistance with anything relating to Images forums, MODs or other wise, sorry, but if you have a problem then take it up with image.<
Go to Top of Page

Giumer

Italy
163 Posts

Posted - 30 December 2008 :  07:10:05  Show Profile  Send Giumer an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
ok thx nly for info yuo have problem for Image ? tis mods not is for Image , np<

=======================

=======================

Edited by - Giumer on 30 December 2008 10:52:02
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07