Snitz Forums 2000
Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
 MOD: Add avatar with image crop (on the fly)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!
Before posting, make sure you have read this topic!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
balexandre Posted - 29 November 2007 : 18:05:14
Updated (June 16th, 2009)
new version updated by Classicmotorcycling

--> download zip file here <--

some time ago I mention that I was developing a MOD because I needed the ability to let users upload a picture, crop the picture on the fly and save it as an avatar, well, today I when Online with the MOD and is now on testing on my forum and it will be for a while, so I can publish a MOD with less flows as I can.

I made an HOW TO Video for our users and you can see it if you open this link (SWF: 10,2 Mb)

Details about the MOD
First of all you need the Avatar MOD (you can find it here) up and running, because I use the new Columns in the forum MEMBER table, secondly you need to have the forum hosted with 2 objects, ASPUpload and ASPjpeg (these are responsible to Upload the file into the server, and to crop the image) [much more latter I will update the mod without the ASPUpload Object and with other Image Objects] - this tho are the most popular used by Shared Hosting Companies, like Brinkster or Discount ASP.NET.

the MOD consists in only 2 files

avatar_user_upload.asp (text version)
avatar_user_croppingimage.asp (text version)

plus all JS and CSS from http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/index.html?whichScript=image-crop

the first consists in secure the user, let it select the picture and upload and after the crop is done, display and insert the new avatar in the MEMBERS table
the second only consists in present the uploaded picture and with a nice and friendly tool, let the user to crop the image at will.

Functionality about the MOD
The user uploads a picture (PNG, GIF, BMP, TIF) free of size, after the crop, the MOD creates a new JPG image with 96 x 96 pixels and 100% jpeg compression, it names [username].jpg and deletes the original from the server adding the new URL to the MEMBERS table.

Some pictures of the MOD

<
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
balexandre Posted - 16 June 2009 : 18:08:29
quote:
I also fixed a small error when actually viewing the Avatar after submitting the cropped image.

would be nice to see the changes as a file diff

I will add this link to the first post
Etymon Posted - 09 June 2009 : 03:46:05
Thank you David!
Classicmotorcycling Posted - 09 June 2009 : 03:28:35
I have made a couple of small changes to the mod and how to put in the registration code for the ASPJpeg if you host doesn't want to supply the full vesion, but will put on a version that you can use with your own registration.

I also fixed a small error when actually viewing the Avatar after submitting the cropped image.

I have placed it at: Avatar Crop Mod
Etymon Posted - 10 September 2008 : 09:07:45
I posted some findings here: http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=67726<
Etymon Posted - 21 August 2008 : 13:46:41
Hi Classic and balexandre,

Thanks for the MOD and the code guys! I've installed it but not uploaded it yet. When I upload it, I'll give you a shout back to tell you how it works.

Etymon
<
Classicmotorcycling Posted - 17 August 2008 : 05:46:46
Hello,

I have submitted the code to SnitzBitz as an addon to the Avatar mod.

Any issues with it, please submit to the Help: MOD Implementation and I will try to help the best I can. Multiple requests for help on the same subject in different topics will be deleted. Please do not create a new topic for the same mod as it makes it a nightmare trying to track it down.<
richfed Posted - 16 August 2008 : 11:22:43
I am not clear on this point: Does your server still need these two doo-dads [ASPUpload and ASPjpeg] in order to function, or has it been revised? My host only supports the former.<
Classicmotorcycling Posted - 15 August 2008 : 04:54:02
I look at putting the code together this week-end in english and an install file. Been a bit under the pump at work...<
Etymon Posted - 13 August 2008 : 21:35:40
I'd like to take a look at your code.<
balexandre Posted - 28 July 2008 : 08:21:29
sure thing <
Classicmotorcycling Posted - 26 July 2008 : 19:45:20
I am almost there getting this installed and ready for my users, which included creating the language file. I have converted it to fully operate under a language file, just have a slight issue when submitting the cropped avatar with some SQL it is trying to put in and the footer. In the next week or so, if it is OK with Bruno, I may put up a download for the mod at SnitzBitz.<
balexandre Posted - 22 July 2008 : 12:49:59

and you get an updated css and js files

for the ones who need the link: http://www.dhtmlgoodies.com/index.html?whichScript=image-crop

Carefree... you could paste the link yourself
<
Carefree Posted - 22 July 2008 : 10:19:24
The way it works now, there are some style sheets & javascript files required:

xp-info-pane.css
image-crop.css
js/xp-info-pane.js
js/ajax.js
image-crop.js

If they are no longer required, I'll remove the includes, etc. If they are necessary, please provide links.

Edit - disregard, got them from the authors' site.<
balexandre Posted - 22 July 2008 : 09:30:09
updated...

Note that is Like it is, I did nothing about making the MOD user friendly! soon I have the time, or with your help <
Carefree Posted - 22 July 2008 : 09:22:48
Sure, I'll take a stab at updating it if you'll post a link.<

Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07