Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

modifichicci
Average Member

Italy
787 Posts

Posted - 08 November 2005 :  14:37:06  Show Profile  Visit modifichicci's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It depends on what version of MySql is running.
The strGBAntispam is memorized as an int and the right would be = 1, but in my mysql with that value I don't dispay the antispam table.
So I changed it to = "1" and all is working
That is an issue I have noticed before, and in some topics on this forum, but I don't know why.
<

Ernia e Laparocele
Forum di Ernia e Laparocele
Acces - MySql Migration Tutorial
Adamantine forum
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule
Dev. Team Member & Support Moderator

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 08 November 2005 :  14:38:42  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
OK, will take a look at it.
What MySQL version are you using, modifichicci?<

My MODs:
Birthdays - Custom Policy - F.A.Q. Administration - Forum Rules - Guestbook
Links Manager - MyOwnGoogle - Profile Views - Search Log - WebSearch

Useful stuff:
Forum and MOD Installation - MOD Installation Guide - Snitz v3.4.05 Readme - Free ASP Hosts - Support Snitz
Go to Top of Page

modifichicci
Average Member

Italy
787 Posts

Posted - 08 November 2005 :  14:51:36  Show Profile  Visit modifichicci's Homepage  Reply with Quote
MySql 4.0.25 driver 3.51
I have also some other difficult with the admin_sigImage, with the functions that seem don't take the value of the rst.execute...
And with active users where I have had to redefine the value of ua before the function for the OS recognize..
<

Ernia e Laparocele
Forum di Ernia e Laparocele
Acces - MySql Migration Tutorial
Adamantine forum
Go to Top of Page

navigatore
Starting Member

Italy
4 Posts

Posted - 10 November 2005 :  14:38:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello.

I have translated the version 3.6 of this MOD in Italian.

This is the topic for the download:

http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=60137

bye<
Go to Top of Page

Rocket468

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 18 November 2005 :  11:08:30  Show Profile  Visit Rocket468's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How about adding something like this function below. I still get lots of spam to my guestbook. The anti-bot mod does not seem to help. Maybe it is smart enought to see the image name of the .gif and fill in the box.

http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=58608&whichpage=2
dim hrefcount, MaxHref
hrefcount = ubound(split(strMessage, "<a href", -1, 1))
If lngLoggedInUserID = 2 then MaxHref = 0 else MaxHref = 10
If hrefcount > MaxHref then
   strReturnCode = "maxH"
   strMessage = lngTopicID & "|" & intForumID & "|" & hrefcount & "|" & strMessage
   lngTopicID = 79
   intForumID = 26
   strMode = "reply"
End If
<

Professional House Plans

DevilsOwn Alcohol Injection

Go to Top of Page

tribaliztic

Sweden
1532 Posts

Posted - 21 November 2005 :  06:52:18  Show Profile  Visit tribaliztic's Homepage  Send tribaliztic an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm..
There's something not compatible with your mods and my server OWM =) Remember I had some problems with the FAQ administration mod? The same error appear here =)
I get an error:

Kompileringsfel i Microsoft VBScript fel '800a0400'

Programsats förväntas.

/admin_guestbook.asp, line 439

Case "options_info"
^

Sorry it's in swedish but I suppose you understand anyways. I think the english version should be "Expected Statement". I also found this, but it won't help me:

http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/Logon/code/code_800A0400.htm
<

/Tribaliztic
- www.gotlandrace.se -
Go to Top of Page

Scottie
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - 22 November 2005 :  19:35:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am still getting so much spam in my guestbook. It is a pain even to delete the un-approved messages from moderation function. I wonder if we should allow only logged in users to post to the guestbook?<
Go to Top of Page

Classicmotorcycling
Development Team Leader

Australia
2084 Posts

Posted - 22 November 2005 :  19:48:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Then that defeats the purpose of a guestbook if only registered members can sign it...

Try playing with the code and the graphics. I am going to have the code need to be an odd ammount of numbers, I am also going to change the images to look like it is one big image and not be able to tell the numbers easy as I have change the numbers on Classic Motorcycling Australia and reduced some of it, but need to go further and change the required numbers and the images need to be done a little different and I am sure I can get it to almost none of that .nl and .de url posted spam..
<

Cheers,

David Greening
Go to Top of Page

Nertz

Canada
341 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2005 :  07:44:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Classicmotorcycling

Then that defeats the purpose of a guestbook if only registered members can sign it...

Try playing with the code and the graphics. I am going to have the code need to be an odd ammount of numbers, I am also going to change the images to look like it is one big image and not be able to tell the numbers easy as I have change the numbers on Classic Motorcycling Australia and reduced some of it, but need to go further and change the required numbers and the images need to be done a little different and I am sure I can get it to almost none of that .nl and .de url posted spam..

David, I'd be interested in what you do to improve the mod. I already have increased the number of numbers to 9, but it didn't improve on the amount of spam. One thing I did find though, you need to expire the anti-spam code. If you save the form page to your local drive, with a slight modification of the form element in the HTML you could resubmit the form with the identical anti-spam code over and over and it will post. It should only be used once and within a reasonable time.

cheers,
Nat<

Sadly, most Family Court Judges wrongfully reward opportunistic gold diggers
that use our children unjustly as "instruments" of power.

www.fathers-4-justice-canada.ca
Go to Top of Page

tribaliztic

Sweden
1532 Posts

Posted - 29 November 2005 :  04:17:12  Show Profile  Visit tribaliztic's Homepage  Send tribaliztic an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
I did some more googling on my error and found that it could be the script engines on the server that's not up to date. What version are you running on your win2k servers?
<

/Tribaliztic
- www.gotlandrace.se -
Go to Top of Page

tribaliztic

Sweden
1532 Posts

Posted - 29 November 2005 :  06:26:33  Show Profile  Visit tribaliztic's Homepage  Send tribaliztic an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
I'm running JScript Version 5.6.8513 and the latest is 5.6.0.8825. Is this the problem?
(maybe I should start a new thread? =))
<

/Tribaliztic
- www.gotlandrace.se -
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule
Dev. Team Member & Support Moderator

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 02 December 2005 :  10:09:14  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
I have to say that the Antispam works very well on my site, I've been getting down from 50+ entries per day to 1 or 2 per week.
I'll take a look at to fix that form-resubmission-glitch as soon as I find the time.

tribaliztic, I'll take a look at your issue as well, but next time please use the Help: MOD Implementation forum for bug reports and support requests as stated in the original post. Thanks.<

My MODs:
Birthdays - Custom Policy - F.A.Q. Administration - Forum Rules - Guestbook
Links Manager - MyOwnGoogle - Profile Views - Search Log - WebSearch

Useful stuff:
Forum and MOD Installation - MOD Installation Guide - Snitz v3.4.05 Readme - Free ASP Hosts - Support Snitz
Go to Top of Page

tribaliztic

Sweden
1532 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2005 :  02:47:38  Show Profile  Visit tribaliztic's Homepage  Send tribaliztic an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry!
Since I'm using SHN code I've posted over there also..
<

/Tribaliztic
- www.gotlandrace.se -
Go to Top of Page

Sonic

Germany
82 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2005 :  05:11:49  Show Profile  Visit Sonic's Homepage  Reply with Quote
for users who use the antispam code on ver. 3.6 please read
--> http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=60349<

ich finds genial...
bei uns ist es ratzekuz dunkel und bei dene alle heller nachmittag
Go to Top of Page

rjeffres
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 23 December 2005 :  17:56:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was this mod changed to send the Notification Email only after signaures are approved? I'd like to send the email only after approved but it still sends out the email before approval.<
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07