Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

cybrman
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2002 :  02:09:52  Show Profile
Thanks for taking the time to check it out. Well, I have been playin around with it and I now have my icons back. Originally I had them in a subfolder of the images folder.
/forum/images/125smiles - extra icons
/forum/images/xp - xp style
/forum/images/ - default style

the path I was configuring in the editor was /forum/images/125smiles/alien.gif
and in the forum the images weren't showing, path would show as- /forum/images/xp//forum/images/125smiles/alien.gif

All I had to do was copy the 125smiles folder into the xp folder, change the path to 125smiles/alien.gif and that solved my problem. Not sure if this is necessary to have these icons duplicated for every theme?

Discovered another issue, which is related to my hack asp skills lol.
Whenever I click the Update Smiles button, my page freezes and then after 10-15 secs not responding and I have to ctrl-alt-del. (I edited the url's directly from the database)

I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure what I did wrong. I have tried copying the admin_smiles.asp back into my web but still it freezes.
I am (as you can see) a newbie with snitz, but have good comprehension and have dabbled with php and asp and of course html in the past. Any ideas on that one...
Thanks again for entertaining a blind man!

Gain some knowledge share some knowledge....what it's all about!

Edited by - cybrman on 11 September 2002 02:12:49
Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2385 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2002 :  02:44:49  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage

Thanks for the update!
Go to Top of Page

Bassman

Netherlands
256 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2002 :  03:41:54  Show Profile  Visit Bassman's Homepage
Field 'FORUM_MEMBERS.M_LNEWS' cannot be a zero-length string.

/test/register.asp, line 598

Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2002 :  05:01:11  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
I had a look to see if I could fix that problem but I couldnt find anything
It only seems to throw an error if you dont have that option enabled in Member Details Configuration in the admin settings

I tried changing the line from
strSql = strSql & ", ''"
to
strSql = strSql & ", NULL"
and it seems to fix the problem, but I have no idea why it would need to be changed

I will leave this question open, maybe someone else can throw some light on the solution
Go to Top of Page

bonkers

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2002 :  17:25:46  Show Profile  Visit bonkers's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Serevinus

What do you think of the ability to use optional addins with my MOD? I have never seen a mod that you can mod before so I am not sure what people will think of it

Thank you for adding my request,
I think adding just the bits of code you want has got to be a plus,only the features you require need be installed. It also makes debugging a little easier.
Just added the images addin works great but adding this line in topic.asp
strHeaderBackgroundImage & "><b><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strHeadFontColor & """>

results in this error

Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0401'

Expected end of statement

/Style_Modded/topic.asp, line 465

Response.Write "strHeaderBackgroundImage & "><b><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strHeadFontColor & """>Author</font></b></td>" & vbNewLine & _
------------------------------------------------------^
Thanks again
bonkers
Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2002 :  18:50:11  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
Get rid of that leading quote and it should work

Response.Write "strHeaderBackgroundImage & "><b><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strHeadFontColor & """>Author</font></b></td>" & vbNewLine & _
Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 12 September 2002 :  17:56:48  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
OK, I still dont know what causes the problem with registering, but I have updated the zip with a patch that will prevent the problem from occuring

Just download the zip and follow the Update instructions (v0.94b > 0.95b) its only one step

If you have any ideas as to why my MOD would suddenly make SQL not like null text values, please let me know
Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2002 :  18:10:12  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
Sorry for not being arround recently, not been feeling too great for the last few days

I have just checked the MOD with the new 3.4.03 version, and it works fine and no changes needed to set it up
I also changed a few steps in the addins setup to make it a little easier to follow
I have now gone to v1.0 as I think its now ready for a full release, but keep the bug reports rolling in if you find one

Any new features I make for it, I will make as addins
Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2385 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2002 :  19:07:17  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage

I hope you are feeling better!

I finally got around to downloading Snitz v3.4.03 and setting it up as a test forum for my wife's future website. I'll download your most recent update tonight and then install it with the 3.4.03 . Thanks for all the hard work, patience, and dedication.

Cheers,

Etymon
Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2385 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2002 :  19:23:42  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage
Hmmm.

I went to your test site to see how the Preview did with Netscape 4.72 (what we use here at work).

A window came up, and then came an alert which read:

The document contained no data.
Try again, or contact the server's administrator.

I did a View Source on it and below is what I saw:

<html><head><script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">

function submitPreview()
{
if (window.opener.document.setStyle) {
document.Form2.Style.value = window.opener.document.setStyle.Style.value;
} else {
document.Form2.Style.value = window.opener.document.Form1.Style.value;
}
document.Form2.submit()
}

</script></head>
<body><form action="pop_preview_stylem.asp" method="post" name="Form2">
<input type="hidden" name="mode" value="display">
<input type="hidden" name="Style" value="">
</form>
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">

submitPreview();

</script></body></html>

If it helps. I noticed that you do not have a beginning <body> tag in that code.

Cheers,

Etymon

Edited by - Etymon on 17 September 2002 19:25:46
Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2002 :  21:03:03  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
There is a body tag there, just before the form tag

I have just tested it in IE6, NS7 and Opera 6 and it works fine
maybe NS4 doesnt support my javascript if because it looks to me like its not checking it and is just trying to use the first statement, not finding the object and dieing

if (window.opener.document.setStyle) {
  document.Form2.Style.value = window.opener.document.setStyle.Style.value;
} else {
  document.Form2.Style.value = window.opener.document.Form1.Style.value;
}

Does anyone know if the text in red is supported by NS4? and if not, is there another way of doing the check?

Edited by - Serevinus on 17 September 2002 21:05:33
Go to Top of Page

BWJM

Canada
193 Posts

Posted - 17 September 2002 :  23:23:23  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Serevinus

Replace(Request.QueryString("StyleName"), """", """, 1, -1, 1)

Could you use one of the built-in ChkString functions on this instead of the hard Replace function? Might make it a little more compatible. Just a suggestion.

Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 19 September 2002 :  05:22:24  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
OK, I will change that...
Replacing it with chkString(Request.QueryString("StyleName"), "edit") should do it... wont make much difference though, as the function does exactly the same thing

I still need to know what is with that problem that etymon pointed out

Its really irritating that when you type &quot; it displays as a quote mark in the post... to get it to show properly you have to do &amp;quot;
What would be nice is an option to turn off character entity parsing, or at least somthing like [noent]&quot;[/noent] without needing to use a code block
Go to Top of Page

kford
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 19 September 2002 :  09:46:18  Show Profile
I just installed it over at http://www.cmmc2.org/forums. Very nice and worked without a hitch. You saved me a lot of time making my own. Thanks a lot!!!!

Thanks,

Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 19 September 2002 :  11:07:18  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
I just tried to register on your forum kford and get this error...

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]There are fewer columns in the INSERT statement than values specified in the VALUES clause. The number of values in the VALUES clause must match the number of columns specified in the INSERT statement.
/forums/register.asp, line 590

It looks like you might of missed step 11 by mistake, unless you missed somthing similar in another MOD

Also, if you want to get rid of those :'s in the sig tests description, you can use the folowing...
< = &lt;
> = &gt;
[ = &&#91; (the multiple & is intentional due to the post form parser)
] = &&#93; (the multiple & is intentional due to the post form parser)
so instead of this... [:img]fullURL[:/img]
use this... &&#91;img&&#93;fullURL&&#amp;91;/img&&#93;
and it will display as this... [img]fullURL[/img]

Edited by - Serevinus on 19 September 2002 11:24:19
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07