Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

bonkers

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 19 September 2002 :  11:22:33  Show Profile  Visit bonkers's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Serevinus

I just tried to register on your forum kford and get this error...

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]There are fewer columns in the INSERT statement than values specified in the VALUES clause. The number of values in the VALUES clause must match the number of columns specified in the INSERT statement.
/forums/register.asp, line 590

It looks like you might of missed step 11 by mistake, unless you missed somthing similar in another MOD

I tried and got the same error B.T.W

Serevinus
I am going to install your v1 to a latest 3.4 install soon and wondered if you could do an addin for images in category cells like the other you did for me
Thanks
bonkers
Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 19 September 2002 :  11:43:56  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
Do you got the error on your forum or on his?

I will make an addin for cat cells, its easy enough to do but it takes a while to find all the relevent lines that need to be changed
Go to Top of Page

bonkers

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 19 September 2002 :  12:01:05  Show Profile  Visit bonkers's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Serevinus

Do you got the error on your forum or on his?

Sorry got the error on his site.
I have never had this error even before i added the patch you gave. I have no idea why this should be, But is a reason why i`m starting again
Cheers
bonkers
Go to Top of Page

2b3
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2002 :  20:52:50  Show Profile
I just tried the demo site and got :

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'

System resource exceeded.

/test/default.asp, line 112

Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2002 :  21:12:25  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
It seems that the server has run out of resources, it nothing to do with the code... its happening every time a page trys to open a database, not just the forum... I will have a yell at brinkster and see whats up with the server
Go to Top of Page

kford
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 22 September 2002 :  08:46:28  Show Profile
Thanks for the catch, no one new could register and they couldn't post a message to tell me! That was bad... Actually my problem was with implementing step 13. If states to add this strSql = strSql & ", NULL" line after every line that is strSql = strSql & ", ''" in register.asp. There are a lot of instances of that in register.asp and instering the extra lines will unbalance the insert statment. I thought it was kind of weird when I was doing it but forgot to test it! You might want to do a search for that line in register.asp to see what I mean and modify your instructions. What I worry about is now it seems to work, but I suspect that there was a case where you needed to add that line so there will still be a case where you can not register :(

Also thanks for the tip in sig tests!

Thanks,

Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 22 September 2002 :  11:21:19  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for letting me know about step 13, I guess I coppied another step and forgot to change that line, that will teach me not to use copy paste like that
Sorry about the mixup
New version of the zip is uploaded

If you havnt seen any new members since installing the MOD it may be that you have the same problem
Do a search in register.asp for
strSql = strSql & ", ''"
strSql = strSql & ", NULL"
and delete the text in red

I have managed to register there now, I cant see any other problems, and the styles work fine
The caption for the sigtesting forum looks better now as well
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 22 September 2002 :  12:02:06  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
are all the bugs and changes being made in the original download?

good job, I like what you did here.

Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 22 September 2002 :  12:42:21  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
After finding and fixing bugs, I do 5 things
1. I update the original files in the zip with the fixed versions
2. I edit the main instructions if needed
3. I add instructions for updating to the update instructions
4. I edit the readme file with details of the fix
5. And finaly I post here that the fix is complete, and if the fix is fairly small I will add it to the post

In short, all updates are in the original download

I dont want to be regarded as one of those developers that tell people they need to "format their hard drive", "reinstall windows" or "get a new computer" as so often seems to be the case with companies that just dont seem to care once they have your cash
End of rant

And thanks for the compliment dayve, much appreciated
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 22 September 2002 :  13:38:52  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
thanks Serevinus, I think your steps are great, maybe add one more step which I know can be a pain in the ass. edit first post with update dates? then you would be truly perfect!

Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 22 September 2002 :  17:40:09  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
OK, I will do that in future
Go to Top of Page

WML
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 23 September 2002 :  13:24:12  Show Profile
First post on Snitz and no doubt in the wrong place. I've been here for hours trying to figure out if my quesiton is covered and where to post, this looks closest to correct.

Is it possible to change the color scheme of one forum?

Thank you
Go to Top of Page

bonkers

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 23 September 2002 :  14:42:11  Show Profile  Visit bonkers's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by WML
Is it possible to change the color scheme of one forum?

WML
this topic relates to Serevinus Style/Theme Changer MOD do you have this mod installed or do you mean with a defualt Snitz install
Go to Top of Page

WML
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 23 September 2002 :  14:59:12  Show Profile
quote:

WML
this topic relates to Serevinus Style/Theme Changer MOD do you have this mod installed or do you mean with a defualt Snitz install

I don't have this MOD installed. And I would install it, or any MOD that will do what I'm after ... please advise and thxs.
Go to Top of Page

bonkers

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 23 September 2002 :  16:34:53  Show Profile  Visit bonkers's Homepage
OK so what do you mean by Is it possible to change the color scheme of one forum, can you give more detail on what you want?
BTW this mod gives each user the ability to choose there own theme or"skin"
Try the demo in the first post
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07