Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

donburch
Starting Member

Australia
19 Posts

Posted - 17 December 2002 :  04:57:35  Show Profile  Visit donburch's Homepage
Another user has pointed out that the Admin page listing Members Pending (admin_accounts_pending.asp) displays the User Name, Email and Date Registered ... and asked for additional user fields to be added.

Rather than add more fields to the table of Members Pending, I recommend changing the User Name column to make the username a link, which will open the users profile in a separate window.
In admin_accounts_pending.asp, locate the following at about line 409:
Response.Write "              <tr>" & vbNewLine & _
    "                <td bgcolor=""" & CColor & """ align=""center""><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strForumFontColor & """>" & chkString(MP_MemberName, "display") & "</a></font></td>" & vbNewLine & _

and replace with:
Response.Write "              <tr>" & vbNewLine & _
    "                <td bgcolor=""" & CColor & """ align=""center""><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strForumFontColor & _
    """><a href=""pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id="& MP_MemberID & """ target=""_blank"">"& chkString(MP_MemberName, "display") & "</a></font></td>" & vbNewLine & _

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 17 December 2002 :  05:23:42  Show Profile
Have you actually tried the code above?

The members shown on the Members Pending page, are still in the FORUM_MEMBERS_PENDING table of the database, they have not been moved to the FORUM_MEMBERS table yet. As such, you can't use pop_profile.asp to view their profiles.
Go to Top of Page

donburch
Starting Member

Australia
19 Posts

Posted - 17 December 2002 :  19:58:15  Show Profile  Visit donburch's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by RichardKinser

Have you actually tried the code above?

The members shown on the Members Pending page, are still in the FORUM_MEMBERS_PENDING table of the database, they have not been moved to the FORUM_MEMBERS table yet. As such, you can't use pop_profile.asp to view their profiles.

Errr... I did test it, but in my haste I didn't notice that the member details displayed were not for the pending member .

Probably not a totally bad thing, since pop_profile.asp takes up too much screen space for a pop-up window anyway. Back to the drawing board.
Go to Top of Page

DCM
Starting Member

37 Posts

Posted - 17 December 2002 :  22:14:57  Show Profile  Visit DCM's Homepage
Ok code experts... I, for one, would really love for this to work. I offer one bow down in advance!
-Dan
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 17 December 2002 :  22:38:33  Show Profile
What information do y'all want to be displayed?

I have done a few modifications to the admin_accounts_pending.asp page for use on this site.

Here is what is displayed:

Username
E-Mail Address
IP Address
Registered Date
Days Since they registered

I feel that is all that is necessary.
Go to Top of Page

jfitz

USA
345 Posts

Posted - 17 December 2002 :  23:19:04  Show Profile
It would seem to me that one could either (a) duplicate pop_profile.asp as, say, pop_pending_profile.asp and make the relevant table changes, or, (b) pass in a query parameter to pop_profile.asp, used to control the table selection for the lookup. I would recommend (b) as the preferred approach, as it avoids duplicating code unnecessarily.

--Jördan
It's a wasted day if you don't spend at least part of it flying upside down.
Go to Top of Page

Classicmotorcycling
Development Team Leader

Australia
2084 Posts

Posted - 17 December 2002 :  23:25:31  Show Profile
Richard,

I would like these ones:

IP Address
Registered Date

Cheers...

Cheers,

David Greening
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 17 December 2002 :  23:49:12  Show Profile
try this one: click here (right click link and choose "Save Target As...")

it's what we are currently using on this site.
Go to Top of Page

DCM
Starting Member

37 Posts

Posted - 18 December 2002 :  14:23:22  Show Profile  Visit DCM's Homepage
quote:

What information do y'all want to be displayed?

I have done a few modifications to the admin_accounts_pending.asp page for use on this site.

Here is what is displayed:

Username
E-Mail Address
IP Address
Registered Date

I feel that is all that is necessary.

Richard,
I would like to have first & last name. My site is for my car club and I only approve registrations of those who are paid members. Currently I have 2 copies of the approval page, the original which shows the info you mention, and a second one where I've replaced username and email with first name and last name. The copy I made messed up the email capability of the approval process since the email address is no longer provided. So I go back and forth trying to remember which name had what email address and hope I approve the right one! This gets tricky as the list gets longer, ARGHHH. HELP!!
TIA,
Dan

UPDATE
using the file you provided above (with the extra field for ip) I was able to switch user name to first name, and ip to last name and still have the email work I've got what I need, thanks. Heck, I may even experiment to see if I can get the email out from in between the names!

Edited by - DCM on 18 December 2002 15:40:15
Go to Top of Page

GauravBhabu
Advanced Member

4288 Posts

Posted - 18 December 2002 :  16:02:11  Show Profile
I have not tried but changing the table name (dynamically) in the sql in pop_profile.asp may do what is being asked for.
Go to Top of Page

donburch
Starting Member

Australia
19 Posts

Posted - 19 December 2002 :  06:08:57  Show Profile  Visit donburch's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by GauravBhabu

I have not tried but changing the table name (dynamically) in the sql in pop_profile.asp may do what is being asked for.

Have tried that, and it's not quite that simple. I have removed a couple of variables so it displays - but it raises more questions than answers. In particular:

Do we want to edit the MEMBER_PENDING profile ? There is an awful lot of code in pop_profile which is related to updating the profiles, and several HTML links which may need to be disabled.

The part of me that wants a quick fix says to copy into pop_pending_profile.asp and cut out all of the editing code (most of the program) - but the responsible part says that it's better to try to reverse-engineer pop_profile.asp then add an extra parameter. I know this is a purely voluntary effort, but a brief (<= 3 paragraphs) overview of each program and some comments would make so much difference ... especially to those who are learning ASP.
Go to Top of Page

tomasalsbro
Average Member

Sweden
818 Posts

Posted - 19 December 2002 :  06:46:52  Show Profile  Visit tomasalsbro's Homepage
quote:

try this one: click here

it's what we are currently using on this site.

Richard,
after using your admin_accounts_pending.asp I recieved the following message:
===============
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01c2'

Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment: 'getStar_Level'

/forum/members.asp, line 531
===============
531= Response.Write("<br />" & getStar_Level(Members_MemberID, Members_MemberLevel, Members_MemberPosts) & "")

(I use Forum Log Mod 3.4DB as well)

What have I done wrong?

Cheers
Tomas

!-Keep distance in traffic-!
www.whiplashinfo.se

Edited by - tomasalsbro on 19 December 2002 06:49:19
Go to Top of Page

GauravBhabu
Advanced Member

4288 Posts

Posted - 19 December 2002 :  07:14:43  Show Profile
Looks like you are using Mod Stars Setup
Go to Top of Page

GauravBhabu
Advanced Member

4288 Posts

Posted - 19 December 2002 :  10:03:30  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by donburch

quote:

Have tried that, and it's not quite that simple. I have removed a couple of variables so it displays - but it raises more questions than answers. In particular:...

I did it on my site and it worked perfectly alright.
Go to Top of Page

tomasalsbro
Average Member

Sweden
818 Posts

Posted - 19 December 2002 :  16:44:40  Show Profile  Visit tomasalsbro's Homepage
quote:

Looks like you are using Mod Stars Setup

Nop,

I use:

IPGate for v3.4
Forum Log Mod 3.4DB
Admin Tools
Active Users vs. 4.0.17
Admin accounts pending

Tomas

!-Keep distance in traffic-!
www.whiplashinfo.se
Go to Top of Page

GauravBhabu
Advanced Member

4288 Posts

Posted - 19 December 2002 :  16:49:37  Show Profile
This statement is not same as in base code. The base code has only two arguments passed to function getStar_level. The part in red is result of modification.
Response.Write("<br />" & getStar_Level(Members_MemberID, Members_MemberLevel, Members_MemberPosts) & "")
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07