Object required: 'my_Conn' 

/test/pop_preview_stylem.asp, line 347

Thanks for the help!

Etymon
Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 06 September 2002 :  00:56:53  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
OK, lets try again, maybe it will work this time
Download the zip again and replace the 2 pops, and that error should be gone
Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2002 :  16:19:31  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
OK, I think I found out what what was causing your problem Etymon, I have fixed it by shifting code in the two popups around a little bit, just replace those 2 files and it will be ok

I have also created an "addon" for my mod so people will be able to change their style on any page, just follow the simple instructions in addins.html to set it up. This was created at the request of bonkers
If you want to sample the addin, you will see it on the forum listing page of the test site (http://www.quicksilverwd.com/test/default.asp)

Version 0.94b is now released
The mod has now been downloaded 111 times

Edited by - Serevinus on 07 September 2002 16:22:04
Go to Top of Page

Immanuel

64 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2002 :  16:29:24  Show Profile  Visit Immanuel's Homepage
quote:
Version 0.04 is now released

Going down?

I am very glad to see you still improving this MOD. I have not upgraded mine yet. I am not the very comfortable with upgrading the forum and adding MODs too much, as I basically do not know, what I do :/

It looks, as if there has been so many 3,4,02 bugfixes now, that I hope to see a 3,4,03 within not too long. Aftere that I believe, I will add your latest version of the MOD. I am just affraid to make a lot of mess with adding upgrades on MOD upgrades on upgrades on MODs... - it is a jungle to me

Immanuel
Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2002 :  16:40:16  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
I dont think you will have a lot of trouble installing my MOD, I have taken a lot of time to make my help files as usable and unambiguous as I can
If anyone has any problems installing, I will add more detail to the readme files to make it easier in future
So long as you back up first you wont have any problems
Go to Top of Page

Immanuel

64 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2002 :  17:02:08  Show Profile  Visit Immanuel's Homepage
Yes, I remember your instructions as being very good. I did install one of the older versions.

Immanuel
Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 07 September 2002 :  20:52:45  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
Out of interest, who has installed my MOD and what versions are you using, I wouldnt mind having a look at some of the styles that people are using if you want to tell me the URL, you can email it to me if you dont want to let anyone else know your URL
It will give a chance to see how well it works on various setups if you let me know what your server is running on (IIS, Apache etc), what database you are using and what connection (Access, MySQL, MSSQL, DSN or DSNless) and your auth type (Database, NT)
The information will give me information to work with when I start working on advanced features and addins, not just with this, but with the CSS convertion that Robbear7 and me are working on
Go to Top of Page

ssnapier

USA
126 Posts

Posted - 08 September 2002 :  02:35:36  Show Profile  Visit ssnapier's Homepage  Send ssnapier an AOL message  Send ssnapier an ICQ Message  Send ssnapier a Yahoo! Message
I skipped page 2 of this, but is there any way to keep whatever your current colors are as a default theme?? I spent a LOT of time tweaking my curretn colors, and I would really prefer to have some way to just "import" them into this. Is that even possible???

If freedom were shareware, soldiers are the ones who pay for it.
Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 08 September 2002 :  10:01:33  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
When you install the MOD it should save your current colours to the new table, that is partly what stylesetup.asp is for
Just make sure you make a copy of your database before you install, follow the instructions and you should be ok
At least if somthing goes wrong then you wont of lost your colours
Go to Top of Page

bonkers

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 08 September 2002 :  16:01:08  Show Profile  Visit bonkers's Homepage
Serevinus
Thank you for adding my request. I have included the addin on My page and it works like charm.

Do you plan to add the ability to add images to header cells?
I have used images in cells on all my previous forums but could`nt change the images with the other theme mods, This limited the colors you could use.
The fact that images could be differ`nt for each style would be a real bonus.

I will let you see what I have done with your mod when i go live but for now it is only run through PWS
currently i have copied some old themes Grey,Redrose etc.. But have added as many matching folders login/out buttons that i have to each of the styles. I think my test forum demonstrates what your mod does quite well.

Thanks again
bonkers

PS still looking for more New icon sets for this
Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 08 September 2002 :  16:58:14  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
No problem, I aim to please

I was planning on implementing header cell images, but it will require you to change all the header cells in the forum, not sure how many there are but there must be a fair few, to this end, I will make it another addin so that you only need to install it if you want it

That is part of the reason I wanted to help Robbear7 with his CSS convertion, as it makes header images and any other style changes very simple

What do you think of the ability to use optional addins with my MOD? I have never seen a mod that you can mod before so I am not sure what people will think of it

Look forward to the next release fairly soon
Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 10 September 2002 :  19:27:48  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
There is another addin now, also at the request of bonkers
This one allows you to set an image as the header cell background, just run the dbs file through the parser and then follow the instructions for the addin in addins.html (in the zip)

As usual the download is available from here... Download latest version
And you can test the forum, complete with addin here... Check it out
The Windows XP style has a silver header image already set, doesnt go with the colours that well but its only a sample
You can create a header image in your style by adding the filename to the Header Image Filename box, you can use any image for this... even icon_smile.gif for example

If you have trouble setting it up, or find a bug, please dont hesitate to tell me

EDIT: I have just this minute found a bug (thanks to someone naming their style shyguy's style) that caued problems when you create or rename a style to somthing containing either an apostrophe or a quote (' or ")
You can either download the zip and replace admin_config_colors.asp or you can do it by hand...

Step 1
Find this in admin_config_colors.asp
if Request.Form("NewStyleName") = "" then
Err_Msg = Err_Msg & "<li>You Must enter a name for the style</li>"
end if
Add this below it
if InStr(Request.Form("NewStyleName"), "'") <> 0 OR InStr(Request.Form("NewStyleName"), """") <> 0 then
Err_Msg = Err_Msg & "<li>The style name cannot contain apostrophes or quotes (' or "")</li>"
end if

Step 2
Find this in admin_config_colors.asp
" <td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """ colspan=""2""><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """><input type=""text"" name=""NewStyleName"" value=""" & Request.QueryString("StyleName") & """></font><input type=""hidden"" name=""StyleName"" value=""" & Request.QueryString("StyleName") & """></td>" & vbNewLine & _
Replace with this
" <td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """ colspan=""2""><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """><input type=""text"" name=""NewStyleName"" value=""" & Replace(Request.QueryString("StyleName"), """", "&quot;", 1, -1, 1) & """></font><input type=""hidden"" name=""StyleName"" value=""" & Replace(Request.QueryString("StyleName"), """", "&quot;", 1, -1, 1) & """></td>" & vbNewLine & _

Edited by - Serevinus on 10 September 2002 21:40:31
Go to Top of Page

cybrman
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 10 September 2002 :  23:27:05  Show Profile
Just as an FYI this mod doesn't work well with smiley manager 3.4+. As usual I was livin life on the edge and forgot to create a backup, luckily I had one from a couple of mods back but anyways....
Maybe it was me, I am no expert, but the problem had to do with the path statement changes for the images. Has anyone successfully installed both? Curious to know what tweaks are needed.

Gain some knowledge share some knowledge....what it's all about!
Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2002 :  00:17:28  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
I dont use smiley manager, but I will investigate and see what I can do to get them working together
Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 11 September 2002 :  00:58:47  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
I just set it up on my localhost's test forum with no problems, it even uses the correct icons for the style you are using which I wasnt expecting

If you let me know what your problem is maybe I can help, I dont think its my mod interfering with it but I will help if I can
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07