New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 31 August 2002 :  12:28:38  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
I thought of a problem last night, I doubt many people are running more than one forum of one database, so I dont think anyone will of noticed
I am guessing that the bug prevents the members style being loaded, so members will be left with no style at all, while non members can see the default style

You dont really need to apply this fix unless your members tables have a diferent prefix than the forum tables
ie. if these 2 lines (in config.asp) have different values like this
strTablePrefix = "FORUM_"
strMemberTablePrefix = "MEMBERS_"

Anyway, here is the fix:-
Find this line in config.asp
strSql = "SELECT M_STYLE FROM " & strTablePrefix & _
"MEMBERS WHERE " & strDBNTSQLName & "='" & Request.Cookies(strUniqueID & "User")("Name") & "'"
and replace it with
strSql = "SELECT M_STYLE FROM " & strMemberTablePrefix & _
"MEMBERS WHERE " & strDBNTSQLName & "='" & Request.Cookies(strUniqueID & "User")("Name") & "'"

Thats it
I have updated the zip with the new instructions, but you dont need to download it to fix this particular bug

Edit:
I have also replaced 2 values in stylesetup.asp, so if you were getting an error on line 195 the updated version in the zip will work

Jim

Edited by - Serevinus on 07 September 2002 17:17:39
Go to Top of Page

Immanuel

64 Posts

Posted - 31 August 2002 :  14:08:11  Show Profile  Visit Immanuel's Homepage
I have not had any problems yet - I have also not stressed it yet. It has been running since yesterday in my new forum.

Immanuel
Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 31 August 2002 :  17:40:06  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
Another fix:-

I have only just noticed that when you submit the data in main forum config it complains about you not entering a value
You just need to remove the validation as those fields have now been moved to the colours page

Step 1
Find this in admin_config_system.asp and delete it
	if Request.Form("strTitleImage") = "" then 
		Err_Msg = Err_Msg & "<li>You Must Enter the Address of a Title Image</li>"
	end if

Step 2
Find this in admin_config_system.asp and delete it
	if trim(Request.Form("strImageURL")) <> "" then
		if (right(lcase(Request.Form("strImageURL")), 1) <> "/") then
			Err_Msg = Err_Msg & "<li>You Must end the Images Location with <b>/</b></li>"
		end if
	end if

Step 3
Find this in admin_config_colors.asp
	if Request.Form("NewStyleName") = "" then
		Err_Msg = Err_Msg & "<li>You Must enter a name for the style</li>"
	end if
and add this after it
	if Request.Form("TitleImage") = "" then 
		Err_Msg = Err_Msg & "<li>You Must Enter the Address of a Title Image</li>"
	end if
	if trim(Request.Form("ImageDir")) <> "" then
		if (right(lcase(Request.Form("ImageDir")), 1) <> "/") then
			Err_Msg = Err_Msg & "<li>You Must end the Images Location with <b>/</b></li>"
		end if
	end if

The zip is also updated

Edited by - Serevinus on 31 August 2002 17:40:49
Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 01 September 2002 :  18:12:37  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
I have just installed the MOD on the new version of Snitz (3.4.02) and there have been no problems, there have been very minor updates to the readme and instruction files
You should have no problems upgrading

When you install, dont forget to read the comments in my inc_iconfiles.asp, there is important information about setting up iconsets, you should also read it if you name your base image directory somthing other than "default"
Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 04 September 2002 :  00:44:16  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
I am still working on my style changer mod
Currently designing a style preview, so members will be able to sample a style without needing to change to it first, and admins will be able to preview a style without needing to save it
Then I will make an export/import function so people will be able to swap styles easily

What other additions or changes would people like?
Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2385 Posts

Posted - 04 September 2002 :  22:49:14  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage
Thanks for the hard work, Servinus.

I am keeping up with this topic though I still haven't installed your MOD as of yet. It is next on my list.

Talk to you soon,

Etymon

Edited by - Etymon on 04 September 2002 22:50:10
Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 04 September 2002 :  23:59:12  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
OK, Etymon, hope you like it when you have it installed

Update, version 0.93b is out now
It now includes a preview feature, you can try it out on the test site which has the latest version installed
It took a while to make because it has to override the style you are using which is set using config.asp, took me a little while to think of a way to do it in a way that makes it easy to install
Anyway, the preview feature can be seen on the profile page, and the style design page, admins can view a style without needing to save it now, which speeds up the style design process a lot (its almost worth installing the mod just to get this feature)
I am using a dynamic javascript to open the popup window, it opens to a little less than full screen no matter what resolution you are using, let me know if you have any problems with it

Bug fixes in this release are:-
Fixed the error you got when your session times out on the style design page, this is because the admin login page doesn't return you to the page with an intact querystring meaning that the database doesnt have a record to process (maybe richard will update it in a future version, to pass a query back?)
The other bug that was fixed is the problem that occured when you renamed an existing style, it seemed to create another entry in the style table as well as the original and then rename them both

As usual I have included a version of the install instructions for people who have a previous version alread installed, the update files are in update.zip inside the main zip

Here are the links again
Test Forum
Download

Edited by - Serevinus on 05 September 2002 00:15:29
Go to Top of Page

bonkers

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 05 September 2002 :  11:52:23  Show Profile  Visit bonkers's Homepage
Serevinus
I have just tried to update to version 0.93b from version 0.92b and when i input colors in admin_config_colors.asp i get a runtime error at line 119 (This is adding Base Background Color)other than that it seems to work as expected.
I followed your instructions for updating. I have not tried to add to a fresh Snitz3.4.02 i will if i get time to see if i get the same error.
Any ideas as to whats wrong
Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 05 September 2002 :  13:05:18  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
It should only generate a script error when you enter a value that isnt supported by the browser you are using

For example, if you enter #FFFF00 (which is fine) you will get yellow
but if you entered #FFFF0- (invalid character) or #FFFF0 (last character missing), you would get a script error on the line that is trying to set the colour preview box

#0123456789ABCDEF are the only characters that are safe to use in a hex colour value, or any of the colour codes listed in the help file (spelling one of these wrong will also generate an error), although its better to use a proper hex value

I may add a validation function to a later release for peace of mind, but its not strictly necessary

Hope that helps
Go to Top of Page

bonkers

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 05 September 2002 :  16:37:19  Show Profile  Visit bonkers's Homepage
Serevinus
I was useing hex codes and the page displayed correctly so i dont know what caused it, anyway I have added your new code to a fresh install and i cannot reproduce the error.

Would it be possible to add the style selection dropdown box that is in profile.asp to another page?
Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 05 September 2002 :  17:52:30  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
Strange, maybe you made a mistake updating, or I made a mistake in the readme

Not as it is, I would need to make a page to save the value on its own, at the moment it is saved with the rest of your profile
I will add that option into the next release for you

I have updated the readme's again, they now have inpage navigation which is handy if you want to read somthing specific

I also Removed a test write from inc_profile.asp that got left in by mistake
Have a look in inc_profile.asp and delete the text
Response.Write "#" & Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME")  & "#"
It shouldnt be visible on the page but it might mess up the dropdown in certain browsers

Please let me know what features people would like me to add, I am more than happy to add anything things people might want
Maybe just the ability to change the style of somthing via the admin panel that you can only change via code modification currently... like setting an image on header cells instead of a colour for example
Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2385 Posts

Posted - 05 September 2002 :  19:53:59  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage

Serevinus, will this preview work on Netscape? I logged in, and tried it out. Got a bad gateway message.

Using Netscape 4.72

Thanks,

Etymon
Go to Top of Page

mafe
Starting Member

44 Posts

Posted - 05 September 2002 :  19:55:31  Show Profile
installation sucessfully :D
Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 05 September 2002 :  20:09:34  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
I just tried it in netscape 7, I dont get an error but I dont get a preview either
Not sure why, it works fine in IE... I will fix it asap
Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 05 September 2002 :  20:49:49  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
OK, that was a simple fix, it should work now
Download the zip and replace pop_preview_stylea.asp and pop_preview_stylem.asp
Should work fine then
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.68 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07