New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 28 August 2002 :  10:33:00  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Immanuel, as soon as this pre release has been tested I will start adding things to it, by the time I am done it will be more of a theme MOD than a style MOD

Nice to see my instructions wernt so bad as to be completely unusable glad you got it up and running
I didnt think I would like the Arial option, but it looks quite bold and pleasent

Jim
Go to Top of Page

BLK - Jetta
Starting Member

23 Posts

Posted - 28 August 2002 :  12:53:49  Show Profile
Wow... i love it!

Mess with the best...
Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 28 August 2002 :  14:47:57  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
I have added the Colour Picker Turbo! MOD to it now, I have updated the sample site and the source download

You can download my latest code here: Code Download
You can see the code in action here: Example Forum

The changes are mostly to the Style design page so if you have already installed the MOD, just follow these simple instructions to update...

Step 1
Upload admin_config_colors.asp (you will need to replace the existing file), pop_color.asp and icon_color.gif (put this in your images directory if you specified one)

Step 2
Add this to inc_iconfiles.asp
Const strIconColor = "icon_color.gif|15|15"

Thats it
Let me know what you think of the update, and I made a new icon for the color selector, I like it better than the old one but what do you lot think of it?

Edited by - Serevinus on 28 August 2002 14:56:11
Go to Top of Page

mafe
Starting Member

44 Posts

Posted - 28 August 2002 :  15:48:02  Show Profile
u are god now :D
Go to Top of Page

bonkers

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 28 August 2002 :  16:56:08  Show Profile  Visit bonkers's Homepage
just came to post to see if you thought of this and its all ready done
thank you I have spent 2 hours trying to do this without success.
I can try and get the My Personlization Mod working in 3.4 But i bet someone posts that mod before i do.
Go to Top of Page

bonkers

United Kingdom
122 Posts

Posted - 28 August 2002 :  17:22:30  Show Profile  Visit bonkers's Homepage
Just added the updated files everythig seems fine.
but i think the color cell for Category Font Color in admin_config_colors.asp is missing
Go to Top of Page

mafe
Starting Member

44 Posts

Posted - 28 August 2002 :  17:42:05  Show Profile
'########################################################## '## Style Selection MOD 0.9b- Snitz Forums 2000 v3.4.01 ## '## Get the latest version here - http://www.quicksilverwd.com/test/latest.asp ## '##########################################################
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e14'

Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '*'.

/test/stylesetup.asp, line 161
Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 28 August 2002 :  17:56:56  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
OK, mafe, I have included an updated version of stylesetup.asp in the zip, it should work now I think
If you run the file again it will create another record in your database called Default (you cant delete records named default) so you will have to check and delete one of the "Default" records from the FORUM_STYLES table if there is more than one
I am guessing you are using a fussy version of MSSQL or MYSQL?

Bonkers, looks like its there to me

At risk of irritating everyone, there is another update to admin_config_colors.asp
I have added code so that the preview column is updated when the page loads rather than when each record loses its focus

Edited by - Serevinus on 28 August 2002 18:05:03
Go to Top of Page

mafe
Starting Member

44 Posts

Posted - 28 August 2002 :  18:15:57  Show Profile
GOOD DAMMIT

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e14'

Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'WHERE'.

/test/stylesetup.asp, line 162

im using mssql 2000
Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 28 August 2002 :  18:35:58  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
I added another fix to stylesetup.asp if you want to try it again

Also, I added a rename feature to admin_config_colors.asp I had a little trouble getting it to maintain everyones styles while renaming it, (they are referenced by name rather than id) but it works ok now, saves you editing the database if you named a style wrong and want to change it
Note that the styles on the site are now "Blue Sky" and "Very Green"

Next two items on my todo list are:-
The ability for the admin to edit other people style settings: kinda explains itself (will fix that "bug" listed in the readme)
Setting different icons, buttons, and title images for different styles: this is the thing that will turn this into a Theme MOD instead of a Style MOD

quote:
When I add the ability to have different images, I think I will do somthing like this...

I will move the "Images Location:" item from admin_config_system.asp into my admin_config_style.asp so that each style can have its own directory of images, so you can have different smilies, background images, logo image, buttons etc for each style
Having different images for each style, means you can have sets for light and dark backgrounds, removing the visible antialiasing from the image
It will also mean you can name the files the same for each style and keep them all seperate, which will make it easier for you when I write the Import/Export feature for you to swap styles
The obvious downside to this is that some images are going to be duplicated, which will use up a little more diskspace

To be honest I think the Admin fix is gonna be harder to do than the theme feature

Edited by - Serevinus on 28 August 2002 21:02:33
Go to Top of Page

Immanuel

64 Posts

Posted - 29 August 2002 :  06:01:37  Show Profile  Visit Immanuel's Homepage
Maybe change the Update message, so it says 0.91b instead of 0.9b, when we do the dbs?

Immanuel
Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 29 August 2002 :  18:08:48  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
Right, version 0.92b is out now
Admins can now edit what style members are using, and you can now have different iconsets with your styles

I have renamed the old "Blue Sky" style to "Windows XP" and am using the XP icons for that style, the normal icons are being used on the other styles

If you want to use the XP icons change the image location option to "xp/"

I have added another readme to the zip file for people who have an old version installed, and there is also an extra dbs and setup file for you to update the database to the new version

Download the latest version here: Download
Test the MOD here: Test
Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 30 August 2002 :  16:38:09  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
I have converted the instructions and readme to HTML now, they are a lot easier to read
I have also tried to make the instructions a little easier to understand, I will install the MOD using the instructions later and see if I can make it even easier

I dont know how admin_config_system got into the zip, it wasnt supposed to be in there, I have removed it now

Has everyone managed to get it set up all right?
I am guessing you either got it working, did it by hand or gave up Mafe?

Please tell me if you find any bugs, there are bound to be some I missed, as soon as its all working properly I will got to release 1.0f and start working on more features to add it it

Oh, and for your information, the zip has now been downloaded 50 times
Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2385 Posts

Posted - 30 August 2002 :  18:33:15  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage

I spent the last few days recovering from an illness. I haven't installed your MOD yet, but I am looking forward to it.

I will have to redownload the HTML help file. Thanks for putting in the extra effort. It will be worth it!

Etymon
Go to Top of Page

Serevinus

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 30 August 2002 :  22:54:57  Show Profile  Visit Serevinus's Homepage  Send Serevinus an AOL message  Send Serevinus an ICQ Message  Send Serevinus a Yahoo! Message
You have a bug? Better install a patch
Hope you feel better soon

Anyway, I just followed my instructions to setup the MOD on a clean installation of 3.4.01 and found quite a bit that needed changing; I have also removed some ambiguities that could of been confusing

So, you should be able to follow those instructions word for word and have no problems, excluding bugs if you happen across one
All I have to hope now is that when 3.4.02 is released it doesn’t mess me over

By this time, I would think the readme files have more bugs in it than the MOD

The zip has been uploaded to the usual location, that being here

Jim
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.26 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07