Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 16 March 2009 :  12:59:07  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This release incorporates fixes to bugs that were found since v3.4.06 was released.

http://forum.snitz.com/download.asp

There is a link to just the changed files since v3.4.06 was released on this page:
http://forum.snitz.com/specs.asp

We encourage everyone to upgrade to this new version.

Here is a list (in no particular order) of the security issues and other bugs fixed in this version:

Other changes or features added to this version:
  • Changed default images location to use "images" folder for new installs
  • Changed default Access database location to the "dbase" folder instead of the root for new installs
  • Added Anti-Bot Registration code as provided by HuwR
  • Added Access 2007 and MS SQL 2005 connection strings to config.asp as a reference for those who need it
  • Added Anti-ForumPoster code to config.asp (As found in the Anti-spammer topic)
  • Moved IP Lookup link to a variable in config.asp to make it easier to update/change. (Also changed to proper format - http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=63467 ) In config.asp change strIPLookup to the new URL
  • Added "Pending Member Profile" MOD
    • Modified Pending Member page information and stopped using it as a pop-up. Changes were made to admin_accounts_pending.asp and pop_profile_pending.asp
  • Added Muzishun's "Zap Spammer" MOD
    • Modified it to bump the M_LEVEL down to 1 in case it was a hack, to set M_VIEW_SIG = 0, and to mark the title as a "Zapped Profile"
    • The "Member Zapped!" notification page now includes 2 links to admin_etc.asp - one to delete that member's topics, and one to delete the topics and replies.
  • Added Da_Stimulator's "Admin Tools/Delete all posts by member"
    • Changed sort order in the "Delete Topics by Member" list to sort list by M_NAME
    • Updated verbiage in admin_etc.asp messages that referred to it as "Etc. Tools"
    • Fixed problem where using admin_etc.asp to delete all posts in a forum, it deleted them but it didn't remove the "last post" info from default.asp
    • Changed table to use the PopUp Table Color like the other Admin Options.
  • Added JJenson's "Require Member Profile 1.0" MOD
    • Fixed some minor bugs with the MOD, including where you can require something that isn't on the form
  • Added ruirib's disable e-mail functionality, with some additions
    • The number of posts and the error message are set in admin_config_email.asp by the administrator.
    • If they set the number of posts to 0 it turns off the feature.
    • Updated pop_config_help.asp to accommodate the two new fields in admin_config_email.asp
  • Added MarcelG's e-mail domain blocking code and make it optional
    • Changed the code to use strFilterTablePrefix instead since that is what it really is
    • Upped the size of SPAM_SERVER to 255 to head off the odd instance where 50 isn't going to be enough
    • Wrote An admin page to manage the list of e-mail addresses.

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 16 March 2009 :  14:21:58  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone for all of the hard work!!

Edited by - Etymon on 16 March 2009 14:22:11
Go to Top of Page

Podge
Support Moderator

Ireland
3775 Posts

Posted - 16 March 2009 :  15:25:54  Show Profile  Send Podge an ICQ Message  Send Podge a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well done everyone!

Podge.

The Hunger Site - Click to donate free food | My Blog | Snitz 3.4.05 AutoInstall (Beta!)

My Mods: CAPTCHA Mod | GateKeeper Mod
Tutorial: Enable subscriptions on your board

Warning: The post above or below may contain nuts.
Go to Top of Page

AnonJr

United States
5765 Posts

Posted - 16 March 2009 :  17:22:49  Show Profile  Visit AnonJr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Now I get to update the Anti-spam topic to cover what's been added.
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 16 March 2009 :  17:45:50  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AnonJr

Now I get to update the Anti-spam topic to cover what's been added.

Maybe leave that one for 3.4.x versions prior to 3.4.07 and add one for 3.4.07? Likely many users can't just move and the current version won't lose interest for them...

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

JJenson
Advanced Member

USA
2121 Posts

Posted - 16 March 2009 :  22:23:24  Show Profile  Visit JJenson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone for the hard work
Go to Top of Page

SiSL
Average Member

Turkey
671 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2009 :  02:45:15  Show Profile  Visit SiSL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
May it for the best, thanks guys

CHIP Online Forum

My Mods
Select All Code | Fix a vulnerability for your private messages | Avatar Categories W/ Avatar Gallery Mod | Complaint Manager
Admin Level Revisited | Merge Forums | No More Nested Quotes Mod
Go to Top of Page

modifichicci
Average Member

Italy
787 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2009 :  10:43:09  Show Profile  Visit modifichicci's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well done!
Is it possible that the icon icon_zap.gif is missed in zip file?

That is the one I have done, could be better but...

Ernia e Laparocele
Forum di Ernia e Laparocele
Acces - MySql Migration Tutorial
Adamantine forum
Go to Top of Page

AnonJr

United States
5765 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2009 :  12:25:34  Show Profile  Visit AnonJr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll have to double-check. There is supposed to be one there...
Go to Top of Page

AnonJr

United States
5765 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2009 :  12:47:53  Show Profile  Visit AnonJr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I added the missing file to the download. While I was at it, I also fixed this. I just updated it now, so it may take a while before the mirrors get the new .zip.
Go to Top of Page

thelodger

United Kingdom
296 Posts

Posted - 19 March 2009 :  16:10:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=68198&SearchTerms=Type,mismatch:,'rs',

This hasn't been fixed in the new build, but so far everything is great, TY for all your hard work.
Go to Top of Page

AnonJr

United States
5765 Posts

Posted - 19 March 2009 :  17:53:43  Show Profile  Visit AnonJr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, it was fixed. http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=62792

There were just a lot of people who couldn't be bothered to find the bug in the bugs forum.
Go to Top of Page

ispanyolcom

Mexico
78 Posts

Posted - 05 July 2009 :  15:20:09  Show Profile  Visit ispanyolcom's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello

I used version 3.06
and ý changed my forum to new version (your additional files)

but now there are 2 problem

1.if any people who want to join my site, will occur this message in the register page

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e37'

Invalid object name 'FORUM_SPAM_MAIL'.

/evcilforum/register.asp, line 416

2.if I want to change user password, will occur this message

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e14'

Invalid column name 'M_ALLOWEMAIL'.

/evcilforum/pop_profile.asp, line 976

what is the main of the problem? I add all addtional files to my directory

THANKS
Engin YILMAZ
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20579 Posts

Posted - 05 July 2009 :  16:21:57  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage  Reply with Quote
did you execute setup.asp, and have you checked in the bug forum here ?
Go to Top of Page

ispanyolcom

Mexico
78 Posts

Posted - 06 July 2009 :  06:15:00  Show Profile  Visit ispanyolcom's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mr HUWR

I LOVE THÝS GAME

EXTREME THANKS
I FORGET TO EXECUTE SETUP.PAGE

Engin YILMAZ
Go to Top of Page

Lorraine
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 27 August 2009 :  05:06:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm running 3.4.05 and would like to upgrade to 3.4.07 (and missed the upgrade to 3.4.06) - are there any additional files from the upgrade to 3.4.06 that I need in addition to the ones for 3.4.07 that I need to change?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07