Snitz Forums 2000
Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Announcements
 Announcements: New Releases
 Snitz Forums 2000 version 3.4.07

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!
Before posting, make sure you have read this topic!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
HuwR Posted - 16 March 2009 : 12:59:07
This release incorporates fixes to bugs that were found since v3.4.06 was released.

http://forum.snitz.com/download.asp

There is a link to just the changed files since v3.4.06 was released on this page:
http://forum.snitz.com/specs.asp

We encourage everyone to upgrade to this new version.

Here is a list (in no particular order) of the security issues and other bugs fixed in this version:

Other changes or features added to this version:
  • Changed default images location to use "images" folder for new installs
  • Changed default Access database location to the "dbase" folder instead of the root for new installs
  • Added Anti-Bot Registration code as provided by HuwR
  • Added Access 2007 and MS SQL 2005 connection strings to config.asp as a reference for those who need it
  • Added Anti-ForumPoster code to config.asp (As found in the Anti-spammer topic)
  • Moved IP Lookup link to a variable in config.asp to make it easier to update/change. (Also changed to proper format - http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=63467 ) In config.asp change strIPLookup to the new URL
  • Added "Pending Member Profile" MOD
    • Modified Pending Member page information and stopped using it as a pop-up. Changes were made to admin_accounts_pending.asp and pop_profile_pending.asp
  • Added Muzishun's "Zap Spammer" MOD
    • Modified it to bump the M_LEVEL down to 1 in case it was a hack, to set M_VIEW_SIG = 0, and to mark the title as a "Zapped Profile"
    • The "Member Zapped!" notification page now includes 2 links to admin_etc.asp - one to delete that member's topics, and one to delete the topics and replies.
  • Added Da_Stimulator's "Admin Tools/Delete all posts by member"
    • Changed sort order in the "Delete Topics by Member" list to sort list by M_NAME
    • Updated verbiage in admin_etc.asp messages that referred to it as "Etc. Tools"
    • Fixed problem where using admin_etc.asp to delete all posts in a forum, it deleted them but it didn't remove the "last post" info from default.asp
    • Changed table to use the PopUp Table Color like the other Admin Options.
  • Added JJenson's "Require Member Profile 1.0" MOD
    • Fixed some minor bugs with the MOD, including where you can require something that isn't on the form
  • Added ruirib's disable e-mail functionality, with some additions
    • The number of posts and the error message are set in admin_config_email.asp by the administrator.
    • If they set the number of posts to 0 it turns off the feature.
    • Updated pop_config_help.asp to accommodate the two new fields in admin_config_email.asp
  • Added MarcelG's e-mail domain blocking code and make it optional
    • Changed the code to use strFilterTablePrefix instead since that is what it really is
    • Upped the size of SPAM_SERVER to 255 to head off the odd instance where 50 isn't going to be enough
    • Wrote An admin page to manage the list of e-mail addresses.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
shazi Posted - 25 June 2013 : 13:53:52
it seems many issues addressed in this update , thanks
AnonJr Posted - 13 June 2013 : 10:58:15
I know it seems like a long time frame, but there really haven't been that many bugs found in the core code. Most of the issues of late have been trying to get older MODs to work with the current version when the original MOD author has moved on to other projects.
the_shopkeeper1 Posted - 12 June 2013 : 18:02:52
quote:
Originally posted by AnonJr

Only what we knew about at the time of release. Any patches after the one noted on 17 March 2009 above still need to be applied.

Ouch! Thanks.
AnonJr Posted - 12 June 2013 : 15:11:23
Only what we knew about at the time of release. Any patches after the one noted on 17 March 2009 above still need to be applied.
the_shopkeeper1 Posted - 12 June 2013 : 11:49:40
Forgive the daft question: Does the latest donwload of Snitz have all the security patches applied?
AnonJr Posted - 23 October 2009 : 09:25:33
Not sure what happened... right-click and save the image:
noelweston Posted - 23 October 2009 : 06:34:39
I've just finally got round to upgrading to 3.4.07, and found that the icon_zap.gif file is still not in either the full or upgrade download zip files.

Got the files by following the download link at the top of this thread.
texanman Posted - 29 August 2009 : 03:42:40
I think the safest way would be to start with 3.4.07 and re-install all the mods.
Lorraine Posted - 29 August 2009 : 01:33:52
Sorry, not sure if you mean just replace the changed files for 3.4.06 to 3.4.07 or you mean ALL the files for 3.4.07.

I have various mods installed so don't want to replace ALL 3.4.05 files with ALL the files for 3.4.07 if I can help it as it then means re-installing all the mods I have. If I know what files were changed from 3.4.05 to 3.4.07 then I can just replace the files that were actually updated and save myself a lot of work.
ruirib Posted - 27 August 2009 : 05:20:19
You can just replace your 3.4.05 files by those for 3.4.07.
Lorraine Posted - 27 August 2009 : 05:06:31
I'm running 3.4.05 and would like to upgrade to 3.4.07 (and missed the upgrade to 3.4.06) - are there any additional files from the upgrade to 3.4.06 that I need in addition to the ones for 3.4.07 that I need to change?
ispanyolcom Posted - 06 July 2009 : 06:15:00
Mr HUWR

I LOVE THÝS GAME

EXTREME THANKS
I FORGET TO EXECUTE SETUP.PAGE

Engin YILMAZ
HuwR Posted - 05 July 2009 : 16:21:57
did you execute setup.asp, and have you checked in the bug forum here ?
ispanyolcom Posted - 05 July 2009 : 15:20:09
Hello

I used version 3.06
and ý changed my forum to new version (your additional files)

but now there are 2 problem

1.if any people who want to join my site, will occur this message in the register page

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e37'

Invalid object name 'FORUM_SPAM_MAIL'.

/evcilforum/register.asp, line 416

2.if I want to change user password, will occur this message

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e14'

Invalid column name 'M_ALLOWEMAIL'.

/evcilforum/pop_profile.asp, line 976

what is the main of the problem? I add all addtional files to my directory

THANKS
Engin YILMAZ
AnonJr Posted - 19 March 2009 : 17:53:43
Yes, it was fixed. http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=62792

There were just a lot of people who couldn't be bothered to find the bug in the bugs forum.

Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07