New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

MarkJH

United Kingdom
1722 Posts

Posted - 30 October 2007 :  12:13:05  Show Profile  Visit MarkJH's Homepage  Reply with Quote
All pop up windows on my forum seem to work fine, Steve.<

Bandlink.net - http://www.bandlink.net/
Bandlink Music Forums - http://www.bandlink.net/forum/
Go to Top of Page

PPSSWeb

312 Posts

Posted - 31 October 2007 :  08:34:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarkJH

All pop up windows on my forum seem to work fine, Steve.

Thanks for confirming this as a non MOD related issue. If anyone has any ideas as to why this would be happening when this mod is added and not when it is removed, please let me know.
<
Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 31 October 2007 :  11:20:04  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarkJH

All pop up windows on my forum seem to work fine, Steve.

I viewed your site using FireFox and the MOD works as expected.<
Go to Top of Page

PPSSWeb

312 Posts

Posted - 01 November 2007 :  09:52:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I found the error I was having as detailed above. I originally did not notice that there was no close script tag on the line above.

When I insert this line instead, all works fin:
'#####################Smooth Scroller##########################################
Response.Write	"<script src=""js/smooth.pack.js"" type=""text/javascript""></script>"
'#####################End Smooth Scroller######################################	

<

Edited by - PPSSWeb on 01 November 2007 10:28:18
Go to Top of Page

PPSSWeb

312 Posts

Posted - 01 November 2007 :  13:21:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe I have fixed the issue with this MOD and Proeder's File Attachment MOD.

Problem.
The the links for the file upload just didn't do anything when this mod is installed.

Cause:
This mod hunts down all href instances that contain an '#' assuming that they are all anchors. Unfortunately, the links to the upload function for Proeder's also contain this character.

Solution:
The '#' character appears at end of the string for the Proeder's links and in the middle for normal anchors. Adding a check in the javascript to exclude instances where the '#' appears at the end of the string fixes the issue.

In smooth-src-comments.js change line 79 from:
if(l.href && l.href.indexOf('#') != -1 && ((l.pathname==location.pathname) || ('/'+l.pathname==location.pathname)) ){

To:
if(l.href && l.href.indexOf('#') != -1 && l.href.indexOf('#') != l.href.length-1 && ((l.pathname==location.pathname) || ('/'+l.pathname==location.pathname)) ){

Then modify the link in inc_header.asp to use this file instead.

This works for my setup, so hopefully it will help others to use this really cool script.<
Go to Top of Page

balexandre

Denmark
418 Posts

Posted - 01 November 2007 :  13:58:59  Show Profile  Visit balexandre's Homepage  Send balexandre an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
good catch, now everyone can have their users flying to the top <

Bruno Alexandre
(Strøby, DANMARK)

"a Portuguese in Danmark"

Go to Top of Page

Lon
Starting Member

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 21 December 2007 :  12:01:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too use the Proeder's File Attachment MOD and I made this MOD corrections, however when the user clicks on the paperclip, the page scrolls.....

If I remove the line in inc_header.asp, the Proeder's File Attachment MOD works fine.

Just checking to see if anyone else has this issue or just me?<
Go to Top of Page

PPSSWeb

312 Posts

Posted - 24 December 2007 :  09:30:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lon

I too use the Proeder's File Attachment MOD and I made this MOD corrections, however when the user clicks on the paperclip, the page scrolls.....

If I remove the line in inc_header.asp, the Proeder's File Attachment MOD works fine.

Just checking to see if anyone else has this issue or just me?

Did you make both of the changes detailed in my posts above?<
Go to Top of Page

Lon
Starting Member

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 24 December 2007 :  10:32:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I have made both the above changes. It is a cool MOD, however the ability to upload is more important.<
Go to Top of Page

PPSSWeb

312 Posts

Posted - 24 December 2007 :  11:20:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lon

Yes, I have made both the above changes. It is a cool MOD, however the ability to upload is more important.

I agree it is very cool. I got them both to work together with the changes above though. The first fixed the issue with the popup windows and the second with the paperclip button performing a scroll instead of opening the upload page.

If you changed the line in the file smooth-src-comments.js to the fixed one above and are pointing to that file in inc_header.asp instead of the original, than I am not sure what the problem could be off hand. If you want to send me those two files, I can look at them and compare to my own working versions.<
Go to Top of Page

Lon
Starting Member

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 24 December 2007 :  15:29:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I think I understand now. My inc_header.asp still had "smooth.pack.js" in it. I thought that is what you were trying to say until I read this whole topic word-for-word again. I replaced that with "smooth-src-comments.js" and it seems to work now. WOW! Sometimes I can be hard-headed.
<
Go to Top of Page

balexandre

Denmark
418 Posts

Posted - 05 March 2008 :  09:35:23  Show Profile  Visit balexandre's Homepage  Send balexandre an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
<

Bruno Alexandre
(Strøby, DANMARK)

Go to Top of Page

leatherlips

USA
1838 Posts

Posted - 22 March 2008 :  12:24:10  Show Profile  Visit leatherlips's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My inc_header is very modified. Can someone tell me where I am supposed to add the line for this mod? What should it be before or after? My line 234 is not the same as an unmodified inc_header. Thanks.<

Mangione Magic Forum - The Music of Chuck Mangione

My Mods: Googiespell MOD | Link To Reply MOD | Petition MOD | Contact Page MOD | Share This Topic MOD | MP3 MOD | PageEar MOD | Google Viewer MOD
Go to Top of Page

balexandre

Denmark
418 Posts

Posted - 22 March 2008 :  14:46:10  Show Profile  Visit balexandre's Homepage  Send balexandre an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
it's easy...

download the forum and see the file

but to make it simple, it's below all the javascript include files that you find, right before the <body> tag

<

Bruno Alexandre
(Strøby, DANMARK)

Go to Top of Page

leatherlips

USA
1838 Posts

Posted - 22 March 2008 :  15:07:38  Show Profile  Visit leatherlips's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I actually did a different way. I added the site integration mod a long time ago. Instead of adding the code to the inc_header.asp file, I added it to the header file that came with that mod. It works well!<

Mangione Magic Forum - The Music of Chuck Mangione

My Mods: Googiespell MOD | Link To Reply MOD | Petition MOD | Contact Page MOD | Share This Topic MOD | MP3 MOD | PageEar MOD | Google Viewer MOD
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07