New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4207 Posts

Posted - 18 August 2008 :  22:11:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know there's one somewhere, but I don't have a copy, so I decided to write one myself. I also know that some/all of this could be done with a staff forum, but I want to be able to keep some things between admin & specific moderators. For example, if I have to regularly remind a particular moderator to do a particular task (maybe boring or otherwise unpleasant), it would be better kept a private issue.

I have the first part done (Admin control & staff notification) but have a couple of germs crawling in my code. First, here's a link to a .txt format: Staff_Tasking Please advise if you cannot access it - there've been a few issues lately of IIS denying access.

Now for the problems:

1) Tasks will not delete. I've tried a standard href & pulling in the value from a Querystring (apparently does nothing except refresh the screen); and I've tried javascript onclick goSub (results in object expected error). This problem is more important than #2.

2) Retrieving date from pop-up calendar into the form's date text field. This isn't critical, since I'm the only one assigning tasks; but it'd be nice for releasing it as a mod when I'm done.

Sections still to be added:

1) Moderator checklist indicating task completion status, pages of forum completed (for their own benefit - in case they don't remember which pages they'd finished) & dates.

2) Moderator request for help form (i.e., for checking links and text in busy systems).

<

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 18 August 2008 :  23:39:42  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had to accept the session, but I got to the file. <
Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 19 August 2008 :  00:06:30  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do you have a dbs_ file to go with this?<
Go to Top of Page

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 19 August 2008 :  04:25:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carefree
Retrieving date from pop-up calendar into the form's date text field. This isn't critical, since I'm the only one assigning tasks; but it'd be nice for releasing it as a mod when I'm done.
Why not use the date selector Snitz uses on the profile forms? We replaced the pop-up calendar Snitz was using with this as most found it easier to use. If you really want to use a calendar, download an older version of Snitz and have a look at how it was done.

<

Search is your friend
“I was having a mildly paranoid day, mostly due to the
fact that the mad priest lady from over the river had
taken to nailing weasels to my front door again.”

Edited by - Shaggy on 19 August 2008 04:26:21
Go to Top of Page

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4207 Posts

Posted - 19 August 2008 :  10:28:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Etymon, yes, there's a dbs file that will accompany it. Didn't provide a link because I'm not through adding fields (i.e., page tracker).

Shaggy, thanks. I have an old version with the birthday calendar that I'll try and adapt.<
Go to Top of Page

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4207 Posts

Posted - 19 August 2008 :  13:32:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK - Got the delete fixed & have an embedded calendar. I updated the text file. If I cannot get the date to populate with a hyperlink, I'll just leave it the way it is.

Now to create checklist(s)...<
Go to Top of Page

Andy Humm
Average Member

United Kingdom
908 Posts

Posted - 20 August 2008 :  05:22:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CF I assume I get the following error because the db has not been amended:
Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e37'
The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query 'FORUM_STAFF_TASKS'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.
/forumtest/staff_tasking.asp, line 223

Do you have the file pop_datepicker.asp too? so I can beta test it.
regards and thanks andy
<
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07