MOD: Admin Level Revisited for 3.4
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SiSL
Average Member

Turkey
671 Posts

Posted - 30 September 2005 :  22:01:17  Show Profile  Visit SiSL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Admin Level Revisited for Snitz 3.4

AUTHOR:
Selçuk Islamoglu (SiSL)
Initial Release : 10/1/2005

This mod is designed over original Admin Level mod by David Kohen (Copyright David Kohen (2002) and the Snitz Forums 2000 development team.). Differently, you can select from 3 administrator types. Global moderators, Maintenance Administrators and Super admins and Master Admin (that's you!)

Features:

- Administrators can set to 3 groups
- Global moderators can not access to any administration options
- Maintenance Admins and Super admins can access to defined administrator pages.
- Super admins can access every page that Maintenance Admins can.
- Administrators can edit inferior level administrators details.
- You can edit which group of administrators can access to which pages by editing file list include.

Cons

- This mod assumes all administration page names starting with "admin_" as a Snitz Modding custom.

Download here

(PS: As an Archieve-searching handicapped, I apologize if similiar mod for categorizing admins over AdminLevel mod has been previously released)
<

CHIP Online Forum

My Mods
Select All Code | Fix a vulnerability for your private messages | Avatar Categories W/ Avatar Gallery Mod | Complaint Manager
Admin Level Revisited | Merge Forums | No More Nested Quotes Mod

Edited by - SiSL on 30 September 2005 22:03:44

SiSL
Average Member

Turkey
671 Posts

Posted - 01 October 2005 :  11:06:14  Show Profile  Visit SiSL's Homepage  Reply with Quote
UPDATE: Install.htm due its being of Dreamweaver prepared, ate some of " and ") updated install.htm in same link.<

CHIP Online Forum

My Mods
Select All Code | Fix a vulnerability for your private messages | Avatar Categories W/ Avatar Gallery Mod | Complaint Manager
Admin Level Revisited | Merge Forums | No More Nested Quotes Mod
Go to Top of Page

BroIgnatius

56 Posts

Posted - 23 August 2008 :  06:57:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have installed this Admin Level Revisited but cannot get it to work.

I think there is a coding error in the inc_profile.asp file. In the modify Profile mode it should have a drop down box for the levels. All I get is TEXT of the levels all running together.

I have tried numerous things to fix this but to no avail.

Is anybody else using this MOD who can help with this?

<

Edited by - BroIgnatius on 23 August 2008 16:44:34
Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 23 August 2008 :  08:03:32  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll install it here in a minute or so and see if I can find out what's the matter with it.<
Go to Top of Page

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4207 Posts

Posted - 23 August 2008 :  11:23:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From the looks of it, you have a problem with the select command. Post a link to your "inc_profile.asp" in .txt format & we can take a look.<
Go to Top of Page

BroIgnatius

56 Posts

Posted - 23 August 2008 :  16:38:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Here's the link
inc_profile.asp.txt

Thanks.
<
Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2383 Posts

Posted - 23 August 2008 :  20:41:39  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In the dbs_ I saw a problem, but to understand it look at the mod code for inc_profile.asp:

if rs("M_ALEVEL") = 3 Then Response.Write "FORUM MASTER"
if rs("M_ALEVEL") = 2 Then Response.Write "Super Admin"
if rs("M_ALEVEL") = 1 Then Response.Write "Maintenance Admin"
if rs("M_ALEVEL") = 0 Then Response.Write "Global Moderator"

The FORUM MASTER, in Snitz terms, is the Member ID designation for intAdminMemberID

In a standard Snitz install, intAdminMemberID is a constant and set to Member_ID number 1

In the dbs_ for this MOD it does not look for the intAdminMemberID and sets all admins to the value of 1 for the M_ALEVEL column. Well, that was the intention. For me, it kept my M_ALEVEL at 0 for my intAdminMemberID.

If you are the intAdminMemberID, then get into your database and set your M_ALEVEL to 3, and then you should see the dropdown.

The other problem I saw was the placement for the dropdown. It said to look for this code:

if rs("MEMBER_ID") = intAdminMemberID then
			Response.Write	"                      <font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """>Administrator</font>" & vbNewLine & _
					"                      <input type=""hidden"" value=""3"" name=""Level"">" & vbNewLine
		else
			Response.Write	"                      <select value=""1"" name=""Level"">" & vbNewLine & _
					"                           <option value=""1"""
			if rs("M_LEVEL") = 1 then Response.Write(" selected")
			Response.Write	">Normal User</option>" & vbNewLine & _
					"                           <option value=""2"""
			if rs("M_LEVEL") = 2 then Response.Write(" selected")
			Response.Write	">Moderator</option>" & vbNewLine & _
					"                           <option value=""3"""
			if rs("M_LEVEL") = 3 then Response.Write(" selected")
			Response.Write	">Administrator</option>" & vbNewLine & _
					"                      </select>" & vbNewLine
		end if
		Response.Write	"                      </td>" & vbNewLine & _
				"                    </tr>" & vbNewLine
	end if
	if not(strUseExtendedProfile) then

and to add the MOD's code just before the end if statement. There are two end if statements there. It should be inserted after the </tr>" & vbNewLine and before the second end if.

Try those things and post back what you get.<
Go to Top of Page

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4207 Posts

Posted - 23 August 2008 :  23:33:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Immediately prior to the modification for the admin levels, you lost two closing statements </td> & </tr>. Where they should be, you had blank spaces being printed.

Try this version. Don't worry about a certificate warning, I'm aware of it.<
Go to Top of Page

BroIgnatius

56 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2008 :  00:13:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys:

no go. it does not work. I originally did it exactly as instructed in the MOD of which you guys referred to. That's why I started messing with it to figure out why.

I also used your version Carefree.

The MEMBER_ID 1 has its ALEVEL set to 3. no go.

<
Go to Top of Page

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4207 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2008 :  00:32:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alright, I'll go through your file line-by-line and try to pinpoint it. Cannot do much with it because of the various missing includes, but I'll comment them out & test it.<
Go to Top of Page

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4207 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2008 :  01:49:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Done with it. Tested it by removing the includes, and it works. Link has been updated.<
Go to Top of Page

BroIgnatius

56 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2008 :  11:08:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi:

No, still does not work. I do not think the Member_ID and M_ALevel values are being pull in from the Db.

I give up.

Thanks anyway.

<
Go to Top of Page

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4207 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2008 :  12:05:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Worked perfectly here. Your error must be caused by some other issue (perhaps the database fields weren't made properly?).

Would someone else running this mod check his file (in my post higher) within their board? You'll need to remove two includes (711-713) and (695-697).<
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07