New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

muzishun

United States
1079 Posts

Posted - 16 November 2006 :  02:35:58  Show Profile  Visit muzishun's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've got the basics of the ASPChat system integrated into my forum. There are still some bugs in it, but I'd like to put it out there for others to take a look and and see if you guys can break it more than I can. The basic functionality is there, but I've done all of that work this evening (in the past four or five hours), so I may have missed something.

http://www.eternalsecond.com/support/chat_chatroom.asp

It's not linked from the main site yet, but you need to be signed in to use the chat room.

Thanks in advance for the help.<

Bill Parrott
Senior Web Programmer, University of Kansas
Co-Owner and Code Monkey, Eternal Second Designs (www.eternalsecond.com)
Personal Website (www.chimericdream.com)

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 16 November 2006 :  04:01:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by muzishun
It's not linked from the main site yet, but you need to be signed in to use the chat room.
Test account?

<

Search is your friend
“I was having a mildly paranoid day, mostly due to the
fact that the mad priest lady from over the river had
taken to nailing weasels to my front door again.”
Go to Top of Page

RArch

United Kingdom
103 Posts

Posted - 16 November 2006 :  04:05:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I get the following error in the area where you type text when I tried to send some text:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0009'

Subscript out of range
<
Go to Top of Page

muzishun

United States
1079 Posts

Posted - 16 November 2006 :  11:59:45  Show Profile  Visit muzishun's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Test account is test/test. Sorry, it's been around but I forgot to mention it was there.

That's odd that you get the error, RArch. I was sending and receiving messages logged on as myself and the test account (different browsers). I'll take a look and see if I can reproduce it. Is it on all the messages you try to send or a specific one?

Edit: I'm getting the same thing now. It was working last night, so I must have made a change somewhere. I'll post here when that is fixed. It may be later this evening, as I'll be leaving for work (ah the retail industry this time of year...) shortly.<

Bill Parrott

Edited by - muzishun on 16 November 2006 12:01:12
Go to Top of Page

muzishun

United States
1079 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2006 :  01:27:42  Show Profile  Visit muzishun's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok. It should be up and working now. Feel free to login and test.

user/pass:
test/test<

Bill Parrott
Go to Top of Page

rasure

289 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2006 :  06:29:00  Show Profile  Visit rasure's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I get this error...

quote:
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: 'sha256'

/support/inc_header.asp, line 191

<

Psychic & Spiritual Development Resources
Go to Top of Page

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2006 :  06:33:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ditto. But only when logging in from chatroom.asp, logging in from default.asp works fine.

<

Search is your friend
Go to Top of Page

muzishun

United States
1079 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2006 :  09:50:13  Show Profile  Visit muzishun's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hmmm.... I'll see what's going on with that.<

Bill Parrott
Go to Top of Page

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2006 :  09:56:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RArch

Subscript out of range
Getting this as well.

<

Search is your friend
Go to Top of Page

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2006 :  12:49:16  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
same error:

Subscript out of range

/support/chat_postmessage.asp, line 399
I send first message and that happens to the input box<

coaster crazy
Go to Top of Page

muzishun

United States
1079 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2006 :  20:29:41  Show Profile  Visit muzishun's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm beginning to get really frustrated with this chat program. I had everything working fine last night, and now this morning it spontaneously stopped. I'll see if this is a common problem at their forums. I didn't make any changes except in the way the user variable is assigned and a change to the filenames. That's it. It works sometimes, and other times it doesn't. Oy.

Thanks all for the help. Hopefully I'll be able to figure out what the bug is and squash it. I'll post back here when I have an update.<

Bill Parrott
Go to Top of Page

muzishun

United States
1079 Posts

Posted - 21 November 2006 :  15:39:48  Show Profile  Visit muzishun's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, here is a link to the zip file containing all the files for the chat room. The files for the user panel chat_users.asp and chat_getusers.asp. There seems to be a problem with the application variables being stored properly.

http://www.eternalsecond.com/support/chat.zip

I'm at wit's end here, so any help is greatly appreciated. A post at the support forum for the chat program yielded little help other than (paraphrased) "Looks like it's a problem with your server not storing the application variables. Wait until version 2 comes out (eventually), and try that." Well, this is for a client, so if I can't get this one working, I need to start searching elsewhere for an asp chat room.<

Bill Parrott
Go to Top of Page

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 21 November 2006 :  16:22:27  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
hmm I instaleld this chat and also on the third day it just stopped working with the same error. I restarted the server to see if anything was going on there and same result. Interesting error...<

coaster crazy
Go to Top of Page

muzishun

United States
1079 Posts

Posted - 21 November 2006 :  18:20:36  Show Profile  Visit muzishun's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I've looked at ConquerChat. It was just that after reading through some of the topics, it looked like there were more bugs than it was worth. I hadn't read anything over at Theill's forum, though, so I'll see what I can work out with it.<

Bill Parrott
Go to Top of Page

muzishun

United States
1079 Posts

Posted - 22 November 2006 :  00:30:37  Show Profile  Visit muzishun's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Marshal, the link you posted is the same place I downloaded version 1. Version 2 isn't yet available. From what I read on their support forums, there's no set date for a version 2 release.

I also don't want to rely on the global.asa file, since I'd like this to work on most any browser with javascript enabled.

I'll keep looking for alternatives. For now, I'm putting ASPChat on the back burner unless anyone finds out what's wrong with their code.<

Bill Parrott
Go to Top of Page

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 22 November 2006 :  01:26:10  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
in postmessage.asp remove the word preserve from the following line:

ReDim Preserve saryMessages(5, intTempSize)

it's line 296 in my file, I modded mine a bit so it might be the same or lower line than mine. That fixed it in my chat and haven't had any problems so far.<

coaster crazy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07