New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

muzishun

United States
1079 Posts

Posted - 22 November 2006 :  02:07:48  Show Profile  Visit muzishun's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It seems to work for now. I'll check it again tomorrow and see if it breaks.

Thanks for the catch! I was actually trying to figure out how in the world AJAX worked so I could just build my own chat app. This is a much better way to do it. <

Bill Parrott
Senior Web Programmer, University of Kansas
Co-Owner and Code Monkey, Eternal Second Designs (www.eternalsecond.com)
Personal Website (www.chimericdream.com)
Go to Top of Page

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 22 November 2006 :  02:25:06  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
yeah, is it just me but it seems like tha page continue to refresh, unlike all other ajax apps where only the screen is updated, the browser itself refreshes over and over again.<

coaster crazy
Go to Top of Page

muzishun

United States
1079 Posts

Posted - 22 November 2006 :  18:57:25  Show Profile  Visit muzishun's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is that on your testing version or at my forum? At my forum, I'm not getting any browser refreshes. Of course, I haven't been able to test in IE6 yet, so that could be the issue, but IE7 and FF are both updating content without refreshing the whole page.<

Bill Parrott
Go to Top of Page

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 22 November 2006 :  19:18:29  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
on my site, ie7, http://www.weeweeslap.com
sn: snitztest
pwd: test
chat link is under the login button once you are logged in<

coaster crazy
Go to Top of Page

gibsongk55
Starting Member

Thailand
33 Posts

Posted - 29 November 2006 :  19:42:47  Show Profile  Visit gibsongk55's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would also like to install a chat program that works with snitz. Since yall done all the homework. Does this chat you're talking about work with snitz database to add users? I have x7chat but I am told I can't show users online on snitz forum because it is php. I don't know php or asp.

Anyway if it's worked out here are my questions.

1. where do i get the download and what changes need to be made?
2. Does it work with snitz database or do you have to manually add users?
3. Also how would i put code to show users online on snitz forums on the upper left part of the screen below the logo?

Thanks for all your help in advance,

Gib<

Edited by - gibsongk55 on 29 November 2006 19:44:19
Go to Top of Page

muzishun

United States
1079 Posts

Posted - 29 November 2006 :  20:50:07  Show Profile  Visit muzishun's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm reworking the chat mod to use the ConquerChat program instead of ASPchat, since I haven't gotten much help over at their forums. Hopefully I'll be able to get something together soon, since this is actually for a client, and the deadline is coming up faster than I'd like.<

Bill Parrott
Go to Top of Page

weeweeslap

USA
1077 Posts

Posted - 30 November 2006 :  16:21:23  Show Profile  Visit weeweeslap's Homepage  Send weeweeslap an AOL message  Send weeweeslap a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't had a problem with the chat script since doing the code changementioned above. have had up towards 40 users in there at once without a glitch, of course I am on a dedicated server so that alleviates many problems of dealing with a host.<

coaster crazy
Go to Top of Page

muzishun

United States
1079 Posts

Posted - 30 November 2006 :  18:51:55  Show Profile  Visit muzishun's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I keep having problems with the application variables, and there's little help to be had with this version of their chat program at the ASPChat site.<

Bill Parrott
Go to Top of Page

gibsongk55
Starting Member

Thailand
33 Posts

Posted - 01 December 2006 :  05:37:33  Show Profile  Visit gibsongk55's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When someone has it worked out could you please post a link to download the chat package and how to include the users online into the snitz forum.

Thank you,
GibsonGk55<
Go to Top of Page

gibsongk55
Starting Member

Thailand
33 Posts

Posted - 07 December 2006 :  19:18:40  Show Profile  Visit gibsongk55's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Still searching.. .still waiting...

I found this site http://www.theill.com/snitzforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=765

for conquer chat and they had a solution though it was posted three years ago.. go figure.

I installed the 4.3 version they tested and it works.

But adding the code to the inc_header.asp they supplied... well snitz forum will not work.

Hmm... this sucks.... anyone can help me the code on the inc_header.asp?

Thanks,

Gibsongk55<
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07