Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
 MOD: Links Manager v3.0 Beta (Snitz v3.4)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

OneWayMule
Dev. Team Member & Support Moderator

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 30 July 2003 :  08:33:36  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, David.
Will take a look at this when I'm back at home.<

My MODs:
Birthdays - Custom Policy - F.A.Q. Administration - Forum Rules - Guestbook
Links Manager - MyOwnGoogle - Profile Views - Search Log - WebSearch

Useful stuff:
Forum and MOD Installation - MOD Installation Guide - Snitz v3.4.05 Readme - Free ASP Hosts - Support Snitz
Go to Top of Page

Lococoin
Starting Member

38 Posts

Posted - 30 July 2003 :  10:34:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i got this when i tried to add my link....

"An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator."

<
Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 30 July 2003 :  11:12:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bug:
Date formatting on pop_links.asp, mine is showing in US type format instead of UK, ie mm/dd/yyyy instead of dd/mm/yyyy, the posted date on links.asp is correct though.

My forum date setting is UK Med, doesn't look like pop_links.asp is using this whilst links.asp is.<

The UK MkIVs Forum

Edited by - DavidRhodes on 30 July 2003 11:14:41
Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 30 July 2003 :  15:52:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'd recommend the url fields to be greater than 100 characters too<

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 30 July 2003 :  18:28:57  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
The next update will include:
Description field will be memo
URL field size will be 255 chars

If you people would like an option to define the max length of the description and/or URL field let me know.

Also, I would really appreciate your suggestions regarding the MySQL issue, as I posted on page 1 of this topic:
quote:
Yes, this was already a problem with LM2.
I'm not sure how I'll solve this; I don't want to release a extra MOd for MySQL users, it will be available as one package.
I could include some code to the dbs file to drop the SHOW table and create a SHOWLINKS table. (The problem would be - a default value of 0 would mean you'll have to approve all your links again)
Let me know what you think about this.
<

My MODs:

Useful stuff:
Forum and MOD Installation - MOD Installation Guide - Snitz v3.4.05 Readme - Free ASP Hosts - Support Snitz
Go to Top of Page

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4207 Posts

Posted - 31 July 2003 :  16:03:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DavidRhodes

Bug:
When 'Accept New Links' is on, Admin users can't add links!!

In "inc_func_links.asp", change line 384 to read:

If (strLMAcceptLinks = 1 and mLev>0) or (strLMAcceptLinks = 0 and mLev = 4) or (strLMAcceptLinks = 1 and strLMGuestSubmissions = 1)Then
<
Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 31 July 2003 :  16:16:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah done similar, just changed the mlev<4 to mlev<=4 but does the same job

cheers<

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

Comicozzi
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - 31 July 2003 :  17:29:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any thoughts when this will move from beta to full version? I am really excited and this is something I want to try but do not want mess up my forums...

Great code, looking forward to it!<
Go to Top of Page

knightsyde
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - 31 July 2003 :  18:30:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that I found a bug. When I turn on the Banner URL option then add a link but do not add a banner url and just hit submit I get the following error:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: 'cint'

/forum/links.asp, line 845

When I use the drop down and select a banner size but still do not enter a URL the submission works. Is there a way to have the banner URL turned on but with an option for no banner.<
Go to Top of Page

Carefree
Advanced Member

Philippines
4207 Posts

Posted - 31 July 2003 :  18:37:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In "links.asp", you duplicated strFormBanner definitions twice. Also, strLMShowBanner isn't being read. Banners don't show up regardless of who's trying to access the link.<
Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 31 July 2003 :  18:38:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OneWayMule,
do you need banner sizes to be selected? can you not just remove the option and display the banner without height and width attributes, I know it'll work in IE but not sure about other browsers? Just might make it easier for users and allow any size banner.<

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 31 July 2003 :  19:36:11  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Bug:
When 'Accept New Links' is on, Admin users can't add links!!

Fixed.
quote:
Bug:
Date formatting on pop_links.asp, mine is showing in US type format instead of UK, ie mm/dd/yyyy instead of dd/mm/yyyy, the posted date on links.asp is correct though.

My forum date setting is UK Med, doesn't look like pop_links.asp is using this whilst links.asp is.

Fixed.
quote:
I think that I found a bug. When I turn on the Banner URL option then add a link but do not add a banner url and just hit submit I get the following error:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: 'cint'

/forum/links.asp, line 845

When I use the drop down and select a banner size but still do not enter a URL the submission works. Is there a way to have the banner URL turned on but with an option for no banner.

Fixed.
quote:
In "links.asp", you duplicated strFormBanner definitions twice.

Fixed.
quote:
Also, strLMShowBanner isn't being read. Banners don't show up regardless of who's trying to access the link.

Where exactly? It does work for me.
quote:
OneWayMule,
do you need banner sizes to be selected? can you not just remove the option and display the banner without height and width attributes, I know it'll work in IE but not sure about other browsers? Just might make it easier for users and allow any size banner.

Done. If you do not select a image size, no with/height attributes are used. (Size is still required if the image is set to required)
quote:
Any thoughts when this will move from beta to full version? I am really excited and this is something I want to try but do not want mess up my forums...

Not sure when, but I plan to go through the code this weekend.
I don't think you could mess up your forum by installing this MOD... just make a backup of your files before you make any changes and read the installation instructions carefully.
Also, I always try to include upgrade instructions.

The version is now v3.0 Beta 2
Changes:
- The fixes above
- the URL field has now a size of 255 characters
- the DESCRIPTION field is now memo (no limit, let me know if you want a option to set a max value)
- Upgrade instructions included

Please go to the first post for the download link.

Again, thanks everyone for the great bug-hunting! <

My MODs:

Useful stuff:

Edited by - OneWayMule on 31 July 2003 19:42:11
Go to Top of Page

Comicozzi
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - 31 July 2003 :  21:17:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did the upgrade and added catagories. When I went to add some links I got some screwy stuff...
----------------------------------------------------------
INSERT INTO FORUM_LINKS (NAME, URL, KEYWORD, DESCRIPTION, EMAIL, POST_DATE, BANNER_URL, HIT, CATEGORY, PARENT_ID, SHOW, BADLINK, RATING, VOTES, MEMBER_ID, LAST_UPDATE, BANNER_SIZE, THELANGUAGE) values('Cosby''s Custom Gunsmithing', 'http://www.cosbyscustomgunsmithing.com', ' ', 'Custom and General Gunsmithing', 'jbc@sixgunner.com', '20030731195711', 'http://', 0, 0, 4, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, '20030731195711', -1, 14)
-------------------------------------------------------------

This is displayed on the page. It doesn't do anything else. What should I do? Any thoughts?

I followed your instructions to the "T"

Thanks for your help!<
Go to Top of Page

Comicozzi
Starting Member

49 Posts

Posted - 31 July 2003 :  21:19:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I should be more clear, this is displayed after I put in all the information for a new link and hit the submit button..<
Go to Top of Page

knightsyde
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - 31 July 2003 :  23:05:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am also getting the same error after submitting a link. I just upgraded from beta 1 to beta 2. I copied inc_func_links.asp, links.asp, pop_links.asp, admin_links and dbs_links_beta1upbeta2.asp. After I ran the DBS update I tried to submit a link I got an error smiliar to Comicozzi's above.

INSERT INTO FORUM_LINKS (NAME, URL, KEYWORD, DESCRIPTION, EMAIL, POST_DATE, BANNER_URL, HIT, CATEGORY, PARENT_ID, SHOW, BADLINK, RATING, VOTES, MEMBER_ID, LAST_UPDATE, BANNER_SIZE, THELANGUAGE) values('Knights of the Dragon Home', 'http://www.kotd.net', 'knights, dragons', 'My homepage', ' ', '20030731194656', 'http://', 0, 21, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, '20030731194656', -1, 14)<
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07