New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2001 :  22:33:46  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
click on the day the event is on and not the event itself.. There you should see the edit and delete buttons for the event.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
www.calvsa.net
Snitz Resource
Go to Top of Page

work mule

USA
1358 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2001 :  00:36:05  Show Profile

Was wondering what people think of these three options for the calendar and if anyone has done them for this calendar yet?

Print Event
Bookmark Event
Email Event

The reason I'm asking is because I did them for my calendar on The Writer Community and I was thinking that they could be cool additions over here too.

Demo:
http://www.writermag.com/forum/events.asp?event_id=56

Thoughts?

Go to Top of Page

speedway

88 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2001 :  15:53:38  Show Profile
[/quote]
rkattan has made a version for non US date. Try it out if you're not using US dates and give us some feedback.
http://www.kattanweb.com/webdev/download.asp?file=events_non_us_date.zip

[/quote]
Did the changes and on the Event inc shown on my defautl page I still get US dates.
Should the changes have sorted this or is this still to be looked at?

e.g
Upcoming Events
5/26/2001 British Championship - 2001

Thanks - Great mod

Snitz V3_1_SR4
SQL Server 7
IIS4

Edited by - speedway on 17 May 2001 05:26:55
Go to Top of Page

Morpheus73
Average Member

Denmark
597 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2001 :  16:53:11  Show Profile
quote:

Was wondering what people think of these three options for the calendar and if anyone has done them for this calendar yet?

Print Event
Bookmark Event
Email Event

The reason I'm asking is because I did them for my calendar on The Writer Community and I was thinking that they could be cool additions over here too.

Demo:

Thoughts?

I personally would like a version of your calender (not to say your whole site)...would it be possible for you to mail it for me?

mph73

morpheus73@hotmail.com

Morpheus73
Go to Top of Page

work mule

USA
1358 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2001 :  23:58:08  Show Profile
quote:

I personally would like a version of your calender (not to say your whole site)...would it be possible for you to mail it for me?

I'm using stored procedures and SQL Server and a totally different table structure than this calendar uses. If you have SQL server and don't mind the fustration of trying to figure out what I did, I probably could provide some of the code. (It's still not completely done tho'.)

Go to Top of Page

paoloc
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2001 :  03:04:29  Show Profile
Check all Events files and replace strToDate with the ChkDate format... a small step toward international date format

Go to Top of Page

Warren UK
Starting Member

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2001 :  05:58:25  Show Profile  Visit Warren UK's Homepage
Firstly, this is a great mod, thanks.

But a couple of things... I don't know if something is wrong with my implementation but it doesn't seem to remember the "Screensize choice" correctly. Before installing the mod I already had my setting set at 1024x768. Whenever I add an event in the screensize box it says "1024x768" correctly yet displays the box in a smaller frame as it would for "640x480" if I change the setting it responds correctly. Now if this is just me, doesn't matter I'm not bothered, but if its everyone thought I would mention it.

The second thing is sort of a request. It shows the current month along with Upcoming Events and Recent Events on the main default.asp... couldn't we have "Current Events" as well. If you set up an event for a period of time, say a week, then the day after the start it becomes a "Recent event" and conversely an event for the day is in Upcoming Events. I think a third category of "current events" showing any events for the day, including ongoing ones would be ideal..... just a thought/suggestion, haven't a clue how I would implement it.

Go to Top of Page

Reichert
Starting Member

11 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2001 :  21:35:48  Show Profile
I fixed the mod to work with MySQL. I also customized it for my site in the process, without really documenting my changes. I was wondering if this has already been done, and I just didn't find it .. If not, and it's something that people want, I will go back and apply the fixes to a clean copy and post it, with documented changes. Let me know!

Stephen Palmer -=- Reichert
root@ Gearbox Software
Micah 6:8 "He has showed you, oh man, what is good ... "
Go to Top of Page

VernMan
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2001 :  09:52:42  Show Profile
I've added a new feature that only displays the checkbox as private for the admin, so that only the admin (someone with mlev =4) has the option of selecting the checkbox to make a message private, else force the "isPrivateEvent" to equal 1. It works fine for hiding the check box, but the value always eqauls 0. Any ideas on how to fix this?

<% if (mlev = 4) or (lcase(strNoCookies) = "1") then %>
<input type="Checkbox" name="isPrivateEvent" value="1" <% if intPrivateEvent = 1 then response.write "checked" %>><font face="<% =strDefaultFontFace %>" size="<% =strDefaultFontSize %>">
<b>ADMIN: Private Event</b></font>
<% Else %>
<input type="hidden" name="isPrivateEvent" value="1">
<% end if %>

Go to Top of Page

Classicmotorcycling
Development Team Leader

Australia
2084 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2001 :  17:03:05  Show Profile
Work Mule,

They look like the sort of thing that is usable by my site. How do I go about getting a copy from you?

quote:

Print Event
Bookmark Event
Email Event

Demo:

Thoughts?

Regards,

Webmaster @ Classic Motor Cycling
Classic Motor Cycling
Go to Top of Page

Bucks
Starting Member

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2001 :  00:29:10  Show Profile
I still have a problem with the non-U.S. dates....
I have no issues with the way they are displayed, it's just when you enter a date for a new event, it defaults to the U.S. format.
When you edit an event, the date is displayed in the Start and End date fields as dd/mm/yy but if you click update it saves the dates all screwed up.

eg. Date entered is 31/05/01... Dates saves as 19310501000000
Date entered is 31/05/2001... Date saves as 20010531000000
Go to Top of Page

Warren UK
Starting Member

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2001 :  09:27:41  Show Profile  Visit Warren UK's Homepage
quote:
The second thing is sort of a request. It shows the current month along with Upcoming Events and Recent Events on the main default.asp... couldn't we have "Current Events" as well. If you set up an event for a period of time, say a week, then the day after the start it becomes a "Recent event" and conversely an event for the day is in Upcoming Events. I think a third category of "current events" showing any events for the day, including ongoing ones would be ideal..... just a thought/suggestion, haven't a clue how I would implement it.

Well despite my initial fear I have managed to achieve that minor modification myself... wasn't nearly as difficult as I imagined... perhaps I'll have a go at amending more code...

Go to Top of Page

wapjohn
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2001 :  02:30:15  Show Profile
I get this when i klick on view week
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0009'

Subscript out of range: 'intBack'

/hogvreten/events_functions.asp, line 1001
whats wrong?

Go to Top of Page

work mule

USA
1358 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2001 :  02:51:38  Show Profile
quote:

Work Mule,

They look like the sort of thing that is usable by my site. How do I go about getting a copy from you?

Here is where you can get a copy for print event and email event.
http://forum.snitz.com/forum/link.asp?TOPIC_ID=9643

Go to Top of Page

work mule

USA
1358 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2001 :  03:05:06  Show Profile
BTW, don't know if anyone else has questioned this in here, but how useful is displaying recent events (events within the past 30 days)? If the event has passed, you're SOL and it doesn't really do anyone any good but to let them know they may have missed an event.

Why not keep the area open for either today's events, this week's events and still keep upcoming events prominent.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07