New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 24 April 2001 :  16:39:39  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
someone mentioned having dividing up days into hours awhile back. But this has not been discussed much or implemented yet.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
www.calvsa.net
Snitz Resource
Go to Top of Page

Morpheus73
Average Member

Denmark
597 Posts

Posted - 24 April 2001 :  18:08:12  Show Profile
Well, I was considering this option, but came up with the thought, that a seperate "schedule-MOD" would be better. this schedule mod could have the features, that a general calendar doesn´t need, such as email notification on event, hour by hour display. Different usergroups/individual users, should be able to set up their own schedule, wether it runs from e.g. 8:00-17:00 or 6:00-24:00. It should look almost as the good old schedule mods we all know from school. This way administrators/moderators could post work-schedules/class schedules a.s.f. for whole classes at a time.

mph73

Morpheus73
Go to Top of Page

cyberd
Starting Member

Australia
34 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2001 :  02:40:44  Show Profile  Visit cyberd's Homepage
I have a query, I have noticed through the forum, there are a couple inconsistencies in color declarations.
I use a blue header bg, with gold font,
and a gold category background with blue font.

You can see what I mean here

In the coding of the pages strCategoryCellColor has been used in conjunction with strHeadCellFont, as with pop_profile.asp.

On my site this means you won't see the text of course.

I am working through a few areas correcting this.

However, when I get to the events Calendar color coding, it's gets more confusing.

Can anyone tell me how to easily rectify this. I have been playing with the style.asp, but not getting anywhere.

Incidentally, I have adopted the style of adding an image bg to the header and catwegory cells, I started to place the code in the pages, but then I realised that if I modify the Header Background and Category Background colors in the admin config,

eg>>> midnightblue" background="image.gif

then I didn't need to. Only drawback is that when you return to moodify it, the admin page gets confused and drops the changes in the display, requiring you to redo it each time.

I only noticed this color problem once I added these background images in, because I couldn't see the text before.

http://www.cyberd.nq.nu/forum/events.asp

In contrast, the color refernces work fine in the normal forums, as seen here,
http://forum.cyberd.nq.nu
except for a couple pages which I am working through.

Edited by - cyberd on 25 April 2001 02:45:10
Go to Top of Page

bjlt

1144 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2001 :  10:04:11  Show Profile
quote:

looking at your file, i see that you've made some changes to it from the one on the zip. That's why the line numbers are different.

Also you're getting that error because you didn't comment the second if statement (the one in red).

i added a if then else to hide the private option to non adm/mod and made private default for them.

urh urh, next time I should have more sleep before working on the codes. [:-)]
do you like the idea to intergrate events with classifieds? if so, we need categories
first. and make more type other than public/private? we've seen buddy mod around
and I'd like to have events for buddy, or any other group of people.

Go to Top of Page

Adul
Starting Member

37 Posts

Posted - 26 April 2001 :  01:29:35  Show Profile  Visit Adul's Homepage  Send Adul an AOL message  Send Adul an ICQ Message
Creating table(s)...
CREATE TABLE FORUM_EVENTS( EVENT_ID COUNTER CONSTRAINT PrimaryKey PRIMARY KEY , DATE_ADDED#varchar (20)## NOT NULL , START_DATE#varchar (20)## NOT NULL , END_DATE#varchar (20)## NOT NULL , EVENT_TITLE#varchar (100)## NOT NULL , EVENT_DETAILS#memo## NOT NULL , ADDED_BY#int## NOT NULL , PRIVATE#int## NOT NULL )
-2147217900 | Syntax error in field definition.

I wish I knew what was wrong...

I am using the access 2000 connection string.

Go to Top of Page

Marino
Starting Member

Canary Islands
42 Posts

Posted - 26 April 2001 :  17:45:06  Show Profile  Send Marino an ICQ Message
quote:

Creating table(s)...
CREATE TABLE FORUM_EVENTS( EVENT_ID COUNTER CONSTRAINT PrimaryKey PRIMARY KEY , DATE_ADDED#varchar (20)## NOT NULL , START_DATE#varchar (20)## NOT NULL , END_DATE#varchar (20)## NOT NULL , EVENT_TITLE#varchar (100)## NOT NULL , EVENT_DETAILS#memo## NOT NULL , ADDED_BY#int## NOT NULL , PRIVATE#int## NOT NULL )
-2147217900 | Syntax error in field definition.

I wish I knew what was wrong...

I am using the access 2000 connection string.

It seems you are using an old mod_dbsetup.asp (the one that uses ; as separators). You can change all # for ; in the dbs or better (recommended) get a newer version of Huwr's mod_dbsetup.asp

Marino
Go to Top of Page

Skatan
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 26 April 2001 :  22:30:41  Show Profile
well, I'm giving up here!

Why now it says that the table FORUM_Members doesn't exist??
-------------------------------------------
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'
[TCX][MyODBC]Table 'skate_forum.Members' doesn't exist

/forum2/events_functions.asp, line 316
------------------------------------------

Go to Top of Page

Adul
Starting Member

37 Posts

Posted - 27 April 2001 :  01:30:36  Show Profile  Visit Adul's Homepage  Send Adul an AOL message  Send Adul an ICQ Message
Foudn the problem in the newer mod_dbsetup.asp. The include file has ../ for both includes at the beggining. I just removed it and it works.

Go to Top of Page

Marino
Starting Member

Canary Islands
42 Posts

Posted - 27 April 2001 :  04:52:08  Show Profile  Send Marino an ICQ Message
quote:

[TCX][MyODBC]Table '[b]skate_forum.Members'[b] doesn't exist

As far as I can see, you are trying to open table Members from database skate_forum, but what kind of DB are you using? if your Table prefix is skate_forum, then query should ask for skate_forum_Members, but if skate_forum is just the db, then it should ask for skate_forum.FORUM_Members.

Check the table prefix you have in admin options, run setup.asp again (just to rebuild app variables) and in case events_functions.asp its outside forum directory, run a copy of setup.asp in that directory

Marino

Edited by - marino on 27 April 2001 05:12:33
Go to Top of Page

Gremlin
General Help Moderator

New Zealand
7528 Posts

Posted - 28 April 2001 :  17:53:59  Show Profile  Visit Gremlin's Homepage
Has anyone looked at, or is looking at putting in

a) A start time for the event (I'm not too worried about end time and duration)
b) Then integrating that with Huw wonderful timezone mod

This way my users get to see the events in the correct timezone :) not just the one I happen to be running my server on.

Go to Top of Page

Morpheus73
Average Member

Denmark
597 Posts

Posted - 28 April 2001 :  18:23:23  Show Profile
quote:

This way my users get to see the events in the correct timezone :) not just the one I happen to be running my server on.

Well, I´ve been wishing for a hour by hour feature too...also I needed some kind of bookingsystem for classrooms at my school. Then tonight I stumbled across opensource script, that maybe could be integrated with the current calendarmod. We still need the groupng of users mod (I can´t believe noone has done it yet ), so that only certain groups of users see certain events.

well here´s the d/l link for the file...
http://www.activeserverpages.dk/download/default.asp?mode=download&id=199

and here´s a demo:
http://www.webmasteren.dk/eksternefiler/reservationssystem/bookingsystem.asp

WARNING: the whole thing is in danish.

morpheus73

Morpheus73
Go to Top of Page

VernMan
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - 28 April 2001 :  18:50:04  Show Profile
quote:

I've already created a time mod for my site but am having problems with a feature that looks at the two fields and compares them. If they are the same then it says something like "All Day Event." I haven't completely worked the whole thing through as I got a little side tracked. You can see how it works on my web site, but in order to see it you have to log in twice, once in the site and then again in the subs. More of a pain than it's worth to log in. If you really want to see it send me a private email and I will set something up. Once I've finished the mod I will let you know, again if you send me a private email. This is my first mod and I have no idea how to setup the mod_dbsetp.asp file or whatever it's called. If anyone wants to help, I'd be more than happy to show them what I've got.

Go to Top of Page

Skatan
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 30 April 2001 :  08:47:16  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

[TCX][MyODBC]Table '[b]skate_forum.Members'[b] doesn't exist

As far as I can see, you are trying to open table Members from database skate_forum, but what kind of DB are you using? if your Table prefix is skate_forum, then query should ask for skate_forum_Members, but if skate_forum is just the db, then it should ask for skate_forum.FORUM_Members.

Check the table prefix you have in admin options, run setup.asp again (just to rebuild app variables) and in case events_functions.asp its outside forum directory, run a copy of setup.asp in that directory

Marino

Edited by - marino on 27 April 2001 05:12:33

mmmm...the "cut & paste" has left somethin in another planet.

What I get is this:
[TCX][MyODBC]Table 'skate_forum.FORUM_Members' doesn't exist

It seems to be correct, It should be bucause the forum works. The DB is MySQL.

Go to Top of Page

Gremlin
General Help Moderator

New Zealand
7528 Posts

Posted - 30 April 2001 :  09:19:42  Show Profile  Visit Gremlin's Homepage
Decided to have a crack at the timezone mod myself as well, may have something to post in a day or so.

Go to Top of Page

mark
Starting Member

46 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2001 :  22:14:28  Show Profile  Send mark an ICQ Message
how can u delete a event?

im the king of the world
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07