Posted - 30 March 2001 :  22:55:02  Show Profile  Visit Camvision's Homepage
Thanks! for the MOD...it work great.

Go to Top of Page

moni
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2001 :  00:47:48  Show Profile
great mod alan!!

do have a notification service for when the new events calendar with International Date support comes out?

Go to Top of Page

John B
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 01 April 2001 :  22:45:34  Show Profile  Send John B an ICQ Message
great mod, now I'm trying to get the colors right to go with my board, and I was wondering if there is anything that shows what each entry in the events_styles.asp exactly effects. I've gotten them pretty close, but not perfect. The board is at http://www.3rdshiph.com/forum/ thanks.

Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2001 :  00:10:12  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
You can edit the colors in the events_styles.asp file.

Test Site
www.eastpasco.com
Running on HuwR's SR4 release. Colors and Graphic scheme done by Richard Kinser.
Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2001 :  17:15:20  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
Made some changes to the Events calendar mod today. I just updated the zip. Just re-download it and replace the events files if you already installed this mod.

Here are the changes:
  • fixed long titles so that it's smoother

• fixed the link to "top" anchor (thanks kor for pointing this out)

• Separated Event Functions to it's own page, events_functions.asp

• Implemented pop_event.asp (from martha2mary's request)

• minor layout changes

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
www.calvsa.net
Snitz Resource
Go to Top of Page

MisterVB

274 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2001 :  17:24:58  Show Profile  Visit MisterVB's Homepage
replace all files that contain the word events? or just the single file named events? Kinda confused cause you pluaralized file

Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2001 :  17:34:52  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
quote:

replace all files that contain the word events? or just the single file named events? Kinda confused cause you pluaralized file

Replace all the "events files" meaning all the files related to this events mod, which isn't that many. You don't need to replace the .dbs but it was just more convenient to say all events files. Maybe I shoulda said "events-related files."

also I forgot about mentioning this two changes as well:
(Good thing I wrote it in the events_readme.txt file )
  • To Change the number of events that is displayed in the events_inc, change this variable to what you want.

intDisplay = 5 'The number of events to display in upcoming events and recent events of events_inc.asp

the default is 5 as you can see.

• To Change the number of events that is displayed in the main events page, change this variable to what you want.

intDisplay = 15 'The number of events to display in upcoming events and recent events of events.asp

the default is 15 as you can see.

• - Alan
    www.iamviet.com
    www.calvsa.net
    Snitz Resource
    Go to Top of Page

MisterVB

274 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2001 :  18:07:53  Show Profile  Visit MisterVB's Homepage
    lol no i'm in doofus mode right now... My mind doesn't workk well on 3 hours of sleep. lol Realized my message after it was too late.

Go to Top of Page

MisterVB

274 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2001 :  07:47:12  Show Profile  Visit MisterVB's Homepage
    Azn...The pop_event.asp... Could you please tell me what martha2mary had requested so i can understand the operation of that asp page... I know it's a pop up page but i mean it's purpose. lol

Go to Top of Page

sumo

USA
    121 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2001 :  08:32:40  Show Profile  Visit sumo's Homepage  Send sumo an AOL message
    So, what's with the topic.asp that's included in the latest zip? I didn't see anything about it in the readme file.

Mike
    http://www.sumovw.com/
    http://www.sumovw.com/forum/
    http://www.sumofx.com/
    Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
    435 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2001 :  10:47:24  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
    Hey Allan...

Are the changes "documented" so that one could modify the original version files...

Just curious ... I've done some of my own mods that I don't want to lose.

Also, can the events.asp page be used with the old version?

Cheers!

Rob Poretti
    Sascom Marketing Group ~ Toronto
    vox.905.825.5373 fax.905.825.5960
    Go to Top of Page

MisterVB

274 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2001 :  11:01:25  Show Profile  Visit MisterVB's Homepage
    he exolained in an earlier post how to integrate the new version from the older one. just replace all the older events files.

Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
    1373 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2001 :  13:24:27  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
    quote:

Azn...The pop_event.asp... Could you please tell me what martha2mary had requested so i can understand the operation of that asp page... I know it's a pop up page but i mean it's purpose. lol

Here's was the original request for the event pop_up idea.

http://forum.snitz.com/forum/link.asp?TOPIC_ID=7305

- Alan
    www.iamviet.com
    www.calvsa.net
    Snitz Resource
    Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
    1373 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2001 :  13:32:32  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
    quote:

So, what's with the topic.asp that's included in the latest zip? I didn't see anything about it in the readme file.

Mike
    http://www.sumovw.com/
    http://www.sumovw.com/forum/
    http://www.sumofx.com/

Whoops, I grab the latest modified files and dropped it in the zip. I must've selected topic.asp as well by accident . I will remove it.

- Alan
    www.iamviet.com
    www.calvsa.net
    Snitz Resource
    Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
    1373 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2001 :  13:38:27  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
    BLOCKQUOTE id=quote font size=1 face= Verdana, Arial, Helvetica id=quote quote: hr height=1 noshade id=quote br / Hey Allan... br / br / Are the changes documented so that one could modify the original version files... br / br / Just curious ... I ve done some of my own mods that I don t want to lose. br / br / Also, can the events.asp page be used with the old version? br / br / Cheers! br / br / br / br / a href= rob@sascom.com target= _blank rob@sascom.com /a Rob Poretti
    Sascom Marketing Group ~ Toronto
    vox.905.825.5373 fax.905.825.5960

Rob,

I just document what the changes were and not what I did in the code because I thought I didn't need to. Most of the changes are in the DisplayUpcomingEvents and DisplayPastEvents function. If you want to do it manually, just compare those two functions with the older one for both events_functions.asp and events_inc.asp.

Also I added these variables in the top.
    ' sets who is allowed to add events
    dim intAllowed
    intAllowed = 1 'Any members
    'intAllowed = 3 'Only Moderators and Admin
    'intAllowed = 4 'Admins Only

intDisplay = 15 'The number of events to display in upcoming events and recent events of events.asp

The writeTD2 function was also changed.

Hope this helps with what you're doing.

- Alan
    www.iamviet.com
    www.calvsa.net
    Snitz Resource
    Go to Top of Page
    Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
    Previous Page | Next Page
     New Topic  Topic Locked
     Printer Friendly
    Jump To:
    Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
    This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07