New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2001 :  13:42:16  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
Just updated the zip. Two small changes.

Change:
  • Removed topic.asp from the zip that I accidently added yesterday

• changed openWindow('pop_event.asp..') to openWindow3('pop_event.asp..'). OpenWindow3 has scrollbars to take in account events with long details.

• - Alan
    www.iamviet.com
    www.calvsa.net
    Snitz Resource
    Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
    435 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2001 :  15:39:46  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
    Cool.... thanks Allan, that should be fine.

And thanks again for a great Calendar Mod!

Cheers!

Rob Poretti
    Sascom Marketing Group ~ Toronto
    vox.905.825.5373 fax.905.825.5960
    Go to Top of Page

MisterVB

274 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2001 :  16:31:41  Show Profile  Visit MisterVB's Homepage
    changed openWindow('pop_event.asp..') to openWindow3('pop_event.asp..').

changed in what file? Need to know so I don't have to redo my colors by reinstalling the mod all over again. :)

I changed that in events_functions and events_inc i hope that was all. I believe a total of 6 places possibly 5. (don't recall really) If wrong please inform me of other places needing the change and also the pop_events, will it automatically pop out for events or do i need to call it from another asp page such as inc_top?

Edited by - MisterVB on 06 April 2001 16:41:47
    Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
    1373 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2001 :  18:01:02  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
    quote:

changed openWindow('pop_event.asp..') to openWindow3('pop_event.asp..').

changed in what file? Need to know so I don't have to redo my colors by reinstalling the mod all over again. :)

I changed that in events_functions and events_inc i hope that was all. I believe a total of 6 places possibly 5. (don't recall really) If wrong please inform me of other places needing the change and also the pop_events, will it automatically pop out for events or do i need to call it from another asp page such as inc_top?

Edited by - MisterVB on 06 April 2001 16:41:47

yep that's it . You got it.

Also that's why I separated the styles into events_styles.asp and the functions to it's own page. So that they don't interfere with each other when changes need to be done. Just keep your events_styles.asp and use the new events_functions.asp.

- Alan
    www.iamviet.com
    www.calvsa.net
    Snitz Resource

Edited by - aznknight on 06 April 2001 18:02:10
    Go to Top of Page

Martha2Mary

New Zealand
    250 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2001 :  18:02:52  Show Profile  Visit Martha2Mary's Homepage  Send Martha2Mary an AOL message  Send Martha2Mary an ICQ Message  Send Martha2Mary a Yahoo! Message
    MisterVB,

I'm not sure if this is any help to you or not, but I have the same problem as you in that I have edited pages in the events mod in regards to colours, so I also do not want to have to re-edit them all. So, I use a free Program called "ExamDiff", which allows me to compare 2 files for changes, including asp. It shows me all the differences between by events asp pages, and the ones in the updated download, and I can then edit only the changes that do not relate to colours in any way. I use ExamDiff a LOT when it comes to installing Mods, so you and others here might also find it helpful.

For more info, go to http://www.nisnevich.com/examdiff/examdiff.htm where you can also download if for free!

Hope this is of some help to you.....

*If Knowledge is Power, and Power Corrupts, what hope is there for Mankind *
    Go to Top of Page

Martha2Mary

New Zealand
    250 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2001 :  18:09:26  Show Profile  Visit Martha2Mary's Homepage  Send Martha2Mary an AOL message  Send Martha2Mary an ICQ Message  Send Martha2Mary a Yahoo! Message
    quote:

Also that's why I separated the styles into events_styles.asp and the functions to it's own page. So that they don't interfere with each other when changes need to be done. Just keep your events_styles.asp and use the new events_functions.asp.

Alan, there is actually a few lines in events_functions.asp where specific colours are used, and in which I have edited the default colours. Some of these are:

Lines 320 to 324
    Line 563
    Line 813
    Line 1014
    Line 1050

Just so you know........

Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
    1373 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2001 :  18:24:08  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
    quote:

quote:

Alan, there is actually a few lines in events_functions.asp where specific colours are used, and in which I have edited the default colours. Some of these are:

Lines 320 to 324
    Line 563
    Line 813
    Line 1014
    Line 1050

Just so you know........

Ah thanks for pointing this out. I'll make a note of it. With this mod, i'm heading towards the direction of separating the presentation from the functionality a bit, so this info is useful.

That way, the users of this mod can easily configure their own events calendar look and feel.

- Alan
    www.iamviet.com
    www.calvsa.net
    Snitz Resource

Edited by - aznknight on 06 April 2001 18:24:49
    Go to Top of Page

MisterVB

274 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2001 :  23:10:15  Show Profile  Visit MisterVB's Homepage
    Problem I have Alan is that my category cell color is a light bluish and my default font color is white so if i leave it as is and only change colors in the styles a lot of wording doesn't show because of my default text color... It's no biggie I love the mod just extremely new to asp so I'm still learning by trial and error (more error) . lol

Go to Top of Page

MisterVB

274 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2001 :  23:11:11  Show Profile  Visit MisterVB's Homepage
    Also how rude of me... I forgot to thank you for that link Martha. My humblest apologies and many thanks.

Go to Top of Page

Sean
    Starting Member

USA
    3 Posts

Posted - 07 April 2001 :  15:04:20  Show Profile
    quote:

I use a free Program called "ExamDiff", which allows me to compare 2 files for changes, including asp. It shows me all the differences between by events asp pages, and the ones in the updated download, and I can then edit only the changes that do not relate to colours in any way. I use ExamDiff a LOT when it comes to installing Mods, so you and others here might also find it helpful.

For more info, go to http://www.nisnevich.com/examdiff/examdiff.htm where you can also download if for free!

Hope this is of some help to you.....

Thank you Martha2Mary for this link! Looks like a great program. I have been looking for something like this.

Go to Top of Page

Martha2Mary

New Zealand
    250 Posts

Posted - 07 April 2001 :  19:51:37  Show Profile  Visit Martha2Mary's Homepage  Send Martha2Mary an AOL message  Send Martha2Mary an ICQ Message  Send Martha2Mary a Yahoo! Message
    MisterVB & Sean,

No problem at all - glad I could be of some help! One little hint when using ExamDiff:

When you are working with the program, and you are comparing 2 asp files, often the Line Numbers differ, so to make sure you don't edit the wrong line, try doing this - when I am comparing 2 files for the purpose of editing my own asp pages with other mods included in them, I have my own asp page open in whatever Cutehtml (the Editor I use for asp files - you probably use something different), and I have ExamDiff open and comparing my file with the one that was included in the new Mod I'm trying to install (in this case, events_functions.asp). Whenever I edit a single line in my own asp page, I then save it, and then when I go back to ExamDiff, it now asks me if I want to re-compare the 2 files as one of them (my own one, the one I just edited and saved) has changed, and I then tell it to re-compare the two files. That way, if I add lines to my asp page, the Line Numbers stay correct when comparing to the other asp page.

I hope that this all makes sense - it's kinda hard to explain unless you're actually doing it! I'm sure you'll see what I mean after you start using ExamDiff for editing your asp pages when installing new mods.....

Go to Top of Page

Koobi
    Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 09 April 2001 :  02:40:23  Show Profile
    sorry for my bad english,

i want to use this mod in Germany
    what must i do to change Monday in Montag
    etc.

with greetings

Koobi

Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
    1373 Posts

Posted - 09 April 2001 :  04:18:04  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
    quote:

sorry for my bad english,

i want to use this mod in Germany
    what must i do to change Monday in Montag
    etc.

with greetings

Koobi

Firstly, if your server is running non-US date format, ie day/month/year instead of month/day/year this mod will not work for you at this point.

Okay now for help with translating parts of this mod. I hope to make this easier in the next internationalized release .

To get the month translated, fine all monthName functions and changed it to monthName2 in events_function.asp. Then add this to the bottom of it.

function monthName2(intMonth)
    if (intMonth = 1) then monthName2 = "Enero"
    if (intMonth = 2) then monthName2 = "Febrero"
    if (intMonth = 3) then monthName2 = "Marzo"
    if (intMonth = 4) then monthName2 = "Abril"
    if (intMonth = 5) then monthName2 = "Mayo"
    if (intMonth = 6) then monthName2 = "Junio"
    if (intMonth = 7) then monthName2 = "Julio"
    if (intMonth = 8) then monthName2 = "Agosto"
    if (intMonth = 9) then monthName2 = "Septiembre"
    if (intMonth = 10) then monthName2 = "Octubre"
    if (intMonth = 11) then monthName2 = "Noviembre"
    if (intMonth = 12) then monthName2 = "Diciembre"
    end function

To change the days in the month view change this part. line 572-578 of events_functions.asp:

<td HEIGHT="20" WIDTH="14%" ALIGN="center" VALIGN="middle"><font face="<% =strDefaultFontFace %>" size="<% =strDefaultFontSize %>" color="<% =strDefaultFontColor %>">Mon</td>

- Alan
    www.iamviet.com
    www.calvsa.net
    Snitz Resource
    Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
    1094 Posts

Posted - 09 April 2001 :  10:21:05  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
    ok.. I give

I need to change the "Rollover" on the events mod. The large Calendar.

Can someone point me to the right line number?

Rick

Test Site
    www.eastpasco.com
    Running on HuwR's SR4 release. Colors and Graphic scheme done by Richard Kinser.
    Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
    1373 Posts

Posted - 09 April 2001 :  14:48:37  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
    quote:

ok.. I give

I need to change the "Rollover" on the events mod. The large Calendar.

Can someone point me to the right line number?

Rick

the rollover are the styles in events_styles.asp that have :hover after them.

There's two rollovers effect that can be seen in ie. They are:

A.NOEVENT:hover
    {
    BACKGROUND-COLOR: lavender;
    COLOR: #000000;
    CURSOR: nw-resize;
    FONT-FAMILY: <% =strDefaultFontFace %>;
    FONT-WEIGHT: normal;
    TEXT-DECORATION: none
    }
    A.EVENT:hover
    {
    BACKGROUND-COLOR: plum;
    COLOR: navy;
    CURSOR: nw-resize;
    FONT-FAMILY: <% =strDefaultFontFace %>;
    FONT-WEIGHT: bold;
    TEXT-DECORATION: none
    }

- Alan
    www.iamviet.com
    www.calvsa.net
    Snitz Resource
    Go to Top of Page
    Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
    Previous Page | Next Page
     New Topic  Topic Locked
     Printer Friendly
    Jump To:
    Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
    This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07