New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 12

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 29 March 2001 :  19:33:43  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
This is a service release of the snitz calendar. It's is not a new version because Non-US dates is still not fully supported yet. And still needs mod_dbsetup.

Repeat: Non US date format is still unsupported in this version
Still need help on this because I can't really test what I'm doing involving non US dates.

rkattan has made a version for non US date. Try it out if you're not using US dates and give us some feedback.
http://www.kattanweb.com/webdev/download.asp?file=events_non_us_date.zip

I wanted to release this because I notice that the topic thread for version 2 was getting pretty long and hard to follow.

Also in this version, I made attempts to fix some bugs like not being able to see big month view calendar or events_details. Also made some changes to layout for week_view, recent, and upcoming events sections.

Cleaned up the code and arranged it differently. Also added more comments.
Separated the styles to events_styles.asp. So if you want to change the colors, background and mouseover effects, do the changes to events_styles.asp.

also new to this version that many people will like is to display events calendar on the default page.

To update just replace the version 2 files with new files.

demo and download at:
http://www.calvsa.net/snitz/

also showcasing my new snitz development site.

Additions and Changes on April 5th:
  • fixed long titles so that it's smoother

• fixed the link to "top" anchor (thanks kor for pointing this out)

• Separated Event Functions to it's own page, events_functions.asp

• Implemented pop_event.asp (from martha2mary's request)

• minor layout changes

• To Change the number of events that is displayed in the events_inc, change this variable to what you want.

intDisplay = 5 'The number of events to display in upcoming events and recent events of events_inc.asp

the default is 5 as you can see.

• To Change the number of events that is displayed in the main events page, change this variable to what you want.

intDisplay = 15 'The number of events to display in upcoming events and recent events of events.asp

the default is 15 as you can see.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com

Edited by - aznknight on 05 April 2001 17:36:22

Edited by - aznknight on 13 April 2001 14:54:58

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 29 March 2001 :  19:58:26  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
Title: Snitz Events Calendar
Version: 2 service release 1
Download: http://www.calvsa.net/snitz/
Demo: http://www.calvsa.net/snitz
Installation: read the included events_readme.txt file for installation instructions.
Description: Integrated Events Calendar for Snitz Forums
Author: Alan Le aka Aznknight
Based on ASP Calendar by Kamath (www.kamath.com)
private events added by Huwr
Support: Please post questions and problems with this MOD in the Help: MOD Implementation Forum.

Features:
small calendar
month view calendar
week view
private events
support forum dates
posting options
access, sql server compatibility
upcoming and recent events display

Changes:
Cleane up code
fix event_details display bug
fix request cookie bug
layout changes to week view
layout changes to upcoming events
layout changes to recent past events
separated styles page.
events calendar can display as own category in forum default page.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
Go to Top of Page

Intrepidone
Average Member

Canada
515 Posts

Posted - 29 March 2001 :  22:05:22  Show Profile
Aznknight,

I like what you have done with your events calendar, especially the addition to having an
<!--#include file="events_inc.asp"--> in default.asp. I added mine just above the stats and it blends in to the main forum page nicely

Intrepidone
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2001 :  01:15:16  Show Profile
Alan

Here is events.dbs (or whatever you want to call it)

(this works with the latest version of mod_dbsetup.asp that can be found here)

code starts here
----------------
Snitz Events Calendar v2 sr1
[CREATE]
EVENTS
EVENT_ID
DATE_ADDED#varchar (20)##
START_DATE#varchar (20)##
END_DATE#varchar (20)##
EVENT_TITLE#varchar (100)##
EVENT_DETAILS#memo##
ADDED_BY#int##
PRIVATE#int##0
[END]

just copy the code and paste it into a new file and name it events.dbs or something else with the .dbs extension.
Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2001 :  01:37:02  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
thank richard, using mod_dbsetup is great.

I'll add the events.dbs and copy of mod_dbsetup to the zip.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
My Snitz Resource

Edited by - aznknight on 30 March 2001 02:43:48
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2001 :  02:53:08  Show Profile
you're welcome

yes, mod_dbsetup.asp is great!
Go to Top of Page

MisterVB

274 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2001 :  13:13:57  Show Profile  Visit MisterVB's Homepage
Theres a major error in it... When i clicked on April 1st to add an event it kept warping me to January 4th... Then when i clicked a few other first week numbers it took me to other months also..... Just noticed it happens when you click the first of any month and some of the other first week days on any month will warp to different months not allowing events to be added for the day of the month you actually want.

I tested the days some more... The days from 1-12 cause it to warp to different months but from 13-31 is fine.

Edited by - MisterVB on 30 March 2001 13:35:01

Edited by - MisterVB on 30 March 2001 13:37:25
Go to Top of Page

MisterVB

274 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2001 :  13:33:13  Show Profile  Visit MisterVB's Homepage
also should add color="<% =strHeadFontColor %>" To line 901 - 907 (from Sun To Sat) cause some of us have certain categories and tables white and the text ends up white so it won't show.

Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2001 :  16:05:32  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
quote:

Theres a major error in it... When i clicked on April 1st to add an event it kept warping me to January 4th... Then when i clicked a few other first week numbers it took me to other months also..... Just noticed it happens when you click the first of any month and some of the other first week days on any month will warp to different months not allowing events to be added for the day of the month you actually want.

This is not a major error. As stated:

This mod does not support non-US Dates. Maybe this will be supported in the future soon as I get some help with this.

The reason clicking on april 1st warps you to january 4th is because 4/1/2001 means january 4th, 2000 and not april 1st, 2001 on your server which uses non-US Dates.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
www.calvsa.net
Snitz Resource

Edited by - aznknight on 30 March 2001 16:07:21
Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2001 :  16:37:19  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
quote:

also should add color="<% =strHeadFontColor %>" To line 901 - 907 (from Sun To Sat) cause some of us have certain categories and tables white and the text ends up white so it won't show.

Ah gotcha..thanks for pointing this out. Will add later.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
www.calvsa.net
Snitz Resource
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2001 :  17:04:10  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
quote:

quote:

This is not a major error. As stated:

This mod does not support non-US Dates. Maybe this will be supported in the future soon as I get some help with this.

The reason clicking on april 1st warps you to january 4th is because 4/1/2001 means january 4th, 2000 and not april 1st, 2001 on your server which uses non-US Dates.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
www.calvsa.net
Snitz Resource

Edited by - aznknight on 30 March 2001 16:07:21

Aznight, your are still formatting the href's using Server.URLEncode(dToday) if you remove the Server.URLEncode it will jump to the correct date regardless.

Server.URLEncode(dToday) formats the date in local format rather than US like the underlying code.

Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2001 :  17:04:52  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
PS, I am working on the date issue, just been busy.

Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2001 :  20:12:32  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
quote:

Aznight, your are still formatting the href's using Server.URLEncode(dToday) if you remove the Server.URLEncode it will jump to the correct date regardless.

Server.URLEncode(dToday) formats the date in local format rather than US like the underlying code.

Woops I totally forgot about the server.urlEncode discussion the devs had awhile back . Will remove them and update the zip soon.

Hey when you help with the non-US dates thing, try to re-download the one from www.calva.net/snitz/ as that is the latest. Ignore the other thread where I originally asked for the help and thanks .

- Alan
www.iamviet.com" target="_blank">www.iamviet.com
www.calvsa.net" target="_blank">www.calvsa.net
www.calvsa.net/snitz/" target="_blank">Snitz Resource
Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2001 :  20:21:21  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
quote:

Alan

code starts here
----------------
[CREATE]
EVENTS
EVENT_ID
END_DATE#varchar (20)##
EVENT_DETAILS#text##
ADDED_BY#int##
PRIVATE#int##0
[END]

just copy the code and paste it into a new file and name it events.dbs or something else with the .dbs extension.

hmm richard, would this line create an error in the create statement?
EVENT_DETAILS#text##

Someone posted that they had this error when using mod_dbsetup.

quote:

---------------
Creating table(s)...
CREATE TABLE FORUM_EVENTS( EVENT_ID int COUNTER NOT NULL , DATE_ADDED text (20) NOT NULL , START_DATE text (20) NOT NULL , END_DATE text (20) NOT NULL , EVENT_TITLE text (100) NOT NULL , EVENT_DETAILS text NOT NULL , ADDED_BY int NOT NULL , PRIVATE int NOT NULL DEFAULT 0)
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in CREATE TABLE statement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
www.calvsa.net
Snitz Resource
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2001 :  20:27:29  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
quote:

quote:

Alan

code starts here
----------------
[CREATE]
EVENTS
EVENT_ID
END_DATE#varchar (20)##
EVENT_DETAILS#text##
ADDED_BY#int##
PRIVATE#int##0
[END]

hmm richard, would this line create an error in the create statement?
EVENT_DETAILS#text##

Someone posted that they had this error when using mod_dbsetup.

quote:

---------------
Creating table(s)...
CREATE TABLE FORUM_EVENTS( EVENT_ID int COUNTER NOT NULL , DATE_ADDED text (20) NOT NULL , START_DATE text (20) NOT NULL , END_DATE text (20) NOT NULL , EVENT_TITLE text (100) NOT NULL , EVENT_DETAILS text NOT NULL , ADDED_BY int NOT NULL , PRIVATE int NOT NULL DEFAULT 0)
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in CREATE TABLE statement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
www.calvsa.net
Snitz Resource

Yes, replace text mith memo in the dbs file

Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2001 :  22:21:21  Show Profile
quote:

Yes, replace text mith memo in the dbs file

Sorry I didn't catch that.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07