Page: of 12

stuF
Average Member

United Kingdom
561 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2001 :  18:29:28  Show Profile  Visit stuF's Homepage
View Month
Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e10'

No value given for one or more required parameters.

/cgi-bin/forum/events_functions.asp, line 316

thats the error i get when trying to bview events.asp i installed the mod perfectly on my test board, then on my other one, the only difference was that i had a previous version installed (version1) and then i got that error?
anyone?
cheers, stu

Go to Top of Page

trakfast11
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2001 :  18:32:14  Show Profile
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, my ASP buddy says that my mod_dbsetup.asp is barfing, so I need a new mod_dbsetup.asp script. Does anyone have one that I can Download real quick and they know it works..

thanx!!

AlexT... sure. here is the link http://micds.clanpages.com/forum/downloads/mod_dbsetup.zip

thank you!!!

No problem. Glad to help

Go to Top of Page

Warren UK
Starting Member

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2001 :  03:33:28  Show Profile  Visit Warren UK's Homepage
trakfast11
quote:
Warren UK, send me a zip of the file you changed or post a link to a txt file that shows what you did to implement Current Events? Also... how do you get rid of Recent Events. I can probably figure out that second question i asked. I'll take a look at the code later. The one i'm mostly want to know is what did you have to do to make current events. Thanks

I've been tweaking the events_inc file a lot, so I'll try and explain as best I can.

Around about line 105 of events_inc you will see code like this
 <td width=10% valign=top>
<%DisplayMonth_small()%>
</td>
<td width=45% valign=top>
<%DisplayUpcomingEvents()%>
</td>
<td width=45% valign=top>
<%DisplayCurrentEvents()%>
</td>

That is my amended code... it originally called a function called DisplayPastEvents, but simply replace that with a call to a new function called DisplayCurrentEvents.

Then around line 327, put in the following code to amend the function DisplayUpcomingEvents to not include Current Events in Upcoming Events.
strSql = "SELECT top " & intDisplay & " event_id, start_date, event_title, PRIVATE, " & strDBNTSQLName & " FROM " & strTablePrefix & "EVENTS Inner JOIN " & strMemberTablePrefix & "Members ON " & strTablePrefix & "EVENTS.added_by = " & strMemberTablePrefix & "Members.Member_ID WHERE start_date > '" & DateToStr(date()) & "' and start_date < '" & DateToStr(DateAdd("d",30,date())) & "' Order by start_date, event_id ASC"
%>

Finally at around line 370 just after "End Function" I inserted code for the new function DisplayCurrentEvents. The code is as follows.
function DisplayCurrentEvents
strSql = "SELECT top " & intDisplay & " event_id, start_date, end_date, event_title, PRIVATE, " & strDBNTSQLName & " FROM " & strTablePrefix & "EVENTS Inner JOIN " & strMemberTablePrefix & "Members ON " & strTablePrefix & "EVENTS.added_by = Forum_Members.Member_ID WHERE start_date <= '" & DateToStr(date()) & "' and end_date >= '" & DateToStr(date()) & "' Order by start_date desc"
%>
<table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
<tr>
<td colspan=2><b><font face="<% =strDefaultFontFace %>" size="<% =strDefaultFontSize %>" color="<% =strDefaultFontColor %>">
Current Events
</font></b></td>
</tr>
<%
dim rs, strTitle
set rs = server.CreateObject("adodb.recordset")
rs.Open strSql, my_Conn

if not rs.eof or not rs.bof then
do while not rs.EOF
strTitle = rs("Event_Title")
if len(strTitle) > 37 then
strTitle = mid(strTitle,1,38) & "..."
end if
if (rs("PRIVATE") <> 1) or (rs("PRIVATE") = 1 and lcase(rs("M_NAME")) = strDBNTUSerName) then
Response.Write "<tr>"
Response.Write "<td align=left valign=top><font face=" & strDefaultFontFace & " size=" & strFooterFontSize & ">" & strtodate(rs("Start_Date")) & "</font></td>"
'Response.Write "<td align=left width='100%'><a href=events.asp?date=" & strtodate(rs("Start_Date")) & " class='event'><b><font face=" & strDefaultFontFace & " size=" & strFooterFontSize & ">" & strTitle & "</font></b></a></td>"
Response.Write "<td align=left width='100%'><a href=""JavaScript:openWindow3('pop_event.asp?event_id=" & rs("event_id") & "')"" class='event'><b><font face=" & strDefaultFontFace & " size=" & strFooterFontSize & ">" & strTitle & "</font></b></a></td>"

Response.Write "</tr>"
end if
rs.MoveNext
loop
else
response.write "<tr><td valign=top><font face=" & strDefaultFontFace & " size=" & strFooterFontSize & ">There are no current events</font></td></tr>"
end if
rs.Close
set rs = nothing
%>
</table>
<%
end function

Hope that makes sense.... I think I changed the cellpadding in my version, I think it was 4 ( which I amended it to be here ) originally, you may have to tweak that to match the other function.

Edited by - Warren UK on 29 May 2001 03:44:25
Go to Top of Page

AlexT
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2001 :  07:21:36  Show Profile
ok, I went to the "mod_dbsetup.asp" on my server and it gave me the following error:

Creating table(s)...
CREATE TABLE FORUM_EVENTS( EVENT_ID COUNTER CONSTRAINT PrimaryKey PRIMARY KEY , DATE_ADDED text (20) NOT NULL , START_DATE text (20) NOT NULL , END_DATE text (20) NOT NULL , EVENT_TITLE text (100) NOT NULL , EVENT_DETAILS memo NOT NULL , ADDED_BY int NOT NULL , PRIVATE int NOT NULL DEFAULT 0)
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in CREATE TABLE statement.

thanx for your help!!

Go to Top of Page

semifamous
Starting Member

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2001 :  01:12:55  Show Profile  Visit semifamous's Homepage  Send semifamous an ICQ Message
Simple questions:

Background first:
I'm using the calendar at http://www.semifamous.com/gloritone/forum to let the band (Gloritone) add information about when they're playing. I'm also going to let other people add information about other shows going on in AZ. Here's the thing. Once a show is done, it's over. We don't need any history showing that it happened.

Q1. Yes or No: Is there an easy script that will clean up the "Recent (expired) Events" from the database? I don't need those hanging around. I know there's an Admin form similar to this for the PM MOD that lets the Admin delete messages older than a certain number of days.

Q2. If the answer is no, would someone want to write something like that? Tomorrow at work (man, I love working for the ISP that hosts my site... Local access is better than anything. ), I'm going to work on removing the Recent Events stuff from the .asp files I have, but...

The easiest thing would be a script that automatically deleted an event the week after it happened. I don't want this database to get full of lots of useless information, y'know what I mean?

Any ideas thrown my way will be greatly appreciated.

And if anyone else has already modified their script to remove all references to "Recent Events" and wants to upload it somewhere in a zip, that'd be very useful for someone like me.

Thanks,
Mike
Go to Top of Page

semifamous
Starting Member

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2001 :  18:50:10  Show Profile  Visit semifamous's Homepage  Send semifamous an ICQ Message
HELP?

OK... At http://www.semifamous.com/gloritone/forum/link.asp?FORUM_ID=3

I put the include for the events calendar.
When I click on an arrow to change to the next month, it takes me to /default.asp instead. WHY? What do I need to change to get it to work in forum.asp?!

It's already in place, so I'd like to get this one fixed quickly... I hope it's just one or two lines of code to add to inc_events.asp or forum.asp...

Anyone???

[edit]
I'm sure it has something to do with this here from the beginning of forum.asp:

if Request.QueryString("FORUM_ID") = "" and (Request.Form("Method_Type") <> "login") and (Request.Form("Method_Type") <> "logout") then
Response.Redirect "default.asp"
end if

So then what can I change in the links so that it includes that important information, but will still work in default.asp?

Oy...

[/edit]

Your help is *greatly* appreciated...

Edited by - semifamous on 31 May 2001 19:41:03
Go to Top of Page

@tomic

USA
1790 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2001 :  20:20:34  Show Profile  Visit @tomic's Homepage  Send @tomic an ICQ Message
The calendar works a lot better if the include is placed into forum/default.asp and not forum/forum.asp

@tomic

Go to Top of Page

semifamous
Starting Member

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 01 June 2001 :  01:35:51  Show Profile  Visit semifamous's Homepage  Send semifamous an ICQ Message
I know that. It works *really* well in the default.asp, but there's a forum that discusses what's going on in the calendar, so to have the calendar on that page would be useful. I think I've almost got it figured out, but I don't know how to write the code for this part.

There are two links that I need to change. They are the links on the calendar that go to the next or previous month. What I need is something like "if this is forum.asp (as opposed to default.asp, where I don't need this to show up), then write the FORUM_ID, CAT_ID, and Forum_Title in addition to the the new month and year."

This code (once I figure it out) will go on two lines (191 and 193?) for the two links, and will come right after the ? and before the "month=" part.

Does anyone know offhand how to say what I want it to do so that the server will understand it? I know what I want, I just have to convince the server, and I don't speak its language very well yet...
Go to Top of Page

semifamous
Starting Member

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 01 June 2001 :  15:07:35  Show Profile  Visit semifamous's Homepage  Send semifamous an ICQ Message
OK... I got a temporary fix for the forum.asp problem I was having.

Now, can I get someone to translate this instead? If I give you the English, can someone give me the .asp?

English:
1. If the Event's end_date is 7 days ago or more, then delete event from database.

2. if event start_date is in the past, then say "This event already happened. Please try again" or something like that.

I'm learning, and I might have this figured out for myself in a week or so, but if someone can coach me a little, that'd be cool.

Thanks again. (This is my favorite mod of all the ones that I'm using.)

Later,
Mike
Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 01 June 2001 :  15:57:43  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
hey can you post up your questions about new stuff to the events mod in mod implementation category? for one it's doesn't deal with the base code par se and two it's easier to reply and keep track of questions on separate topic than on one big 7 page topic.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
www.calvsa.net
Snitz Resource
Go to Top of Page

semifamous
Starting Member

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 01 June 2001 :  16:12:10  Show Profile  Visit semifamous's Homepage  Send semifamous an ICQ Message
Can do.

http://forum.snitz.com/forum/link.asp?topic_id=10583

Honestly sorry for putting it in the wrong place...
Go to Top of Page

trakfast11
Starting Member

32 Posts

Posted - 02 June 2001 :  16:51:57  Show Profile
Thanks for the code Warren UK I'm going to try to add it later today once i get some work done.
AlexT... quick question. Is MOD Commander implemeted on your forum? You might need the mod_dbsetup.asp file that comes with HuwR's MOD Commander instead.

Go to Top of Page

AlexT
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 02 June 2001 :  17:51:27  Show Profile
quote:

Thanks for the code Warren UK I'm going to try to add it later today once i get some work done.
AlexT... quick question. Is MOD Commander implemeted on your forum? You might need the mod_dbsetup.asp file that comes with HuwR's MOD Commander instead.

Nope, I dont even know what the MOD Commander is, I have never heard of it, Do you have a link on where I can get it? thanx!!

Go to Top of Page

didus
Starting Member

Austria
36 Posts

Posted - 05 June 2001 :  09:24:23  Show Profile  Visit didus's Homepage
hi,
is there an opportunity to change the datum in letter of germany. for examble: from June to Juni or December to Dezember.
Thanks.
bye
Michael

Go to Top of Page

blackinwhite
Average Member

Turkey
657 Posts

Posted - 05 June 2001 :  09:34:39  Show Profile
quote:

hi,
is there an opportunity to change the datum in letter of germany. for examble: from June to Juni or December to Dezember.
Thanks.
bye
Michael

it has been discussed back in this topic.

Page: of 12 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07