Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

nicr0s
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 04 June 2001 :  22:17:49  Show Profile
im going to try the random e-mail now.. its runnign on an NT server...so do i need to uncomment that section in the include_function.asp file?

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 05 June 2001 :  01:01:27  Show Profile
I had only allowed 5 ip addresses thinking that would have been enough along with the email random password mod.
Because users with a Dial-Up will connect each time with a new ip address. So banning by ip would be useless against them.
So using this alone to stop spammers is not going to work. Using this mod along with other preventive mods will stop them after a while. I had pointed that out in my first post in this topic and in the readme.txt file.

You don't need to comment out anything. Since you already installed a mod on your forums, you will have to copy and paste the code from the files in the zip to the files in your forum. Because if you just extract the files from the zip and overwrite the files in your forum, it will overwrite the Ban IP mod code.

Go to Top of Page

ABravNewWorld
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 05 June 2001 :  16:53:41  Show Profile  Visit ABravNewWorld's Homepage  Send ABravNewWorld an AOL message
Ok, I'm getting the following error, like Giapai did:

Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_CONFIG ADD COLUMN C_STRBANIP int NULL DEFAULT 0
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Syntax error in ALTER TABLE statement.
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_CONFIG ADD COLUMN C_STRBANIPRANGE int NULL DEFAULT 0
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Syntax error in ALTER TABLE statement.
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_CONFIG ADD COLUMN C_BAN_IP text(255) NULL DEFAULT '000.000.000.000|'
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_CONFIG ADD COLUMN C_BAN_IPRANGE text(255) NULL DEFAULT '000.000.000|'
Table(s) updated

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There were errors please post a question in the MOD Implementation Forum at
Snitz Forums

Please give me a hand on fixing this.

Thanks

Thomas G.
"The best view of one's soul is from beyond the edge of looking back."
Go to Top of Page

stuF
Average Member

United Kingdom
561 Posts

Posted - 05 June 2001 :  17:58:21  Show Profile  Visit stuF's Homepage
Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0411'

Name redefined

/cgi-bin/forum/config.asp, line 43

dim strDBType, strConnString, strTablePrefix, strMemberTablePrefix '## Do Not Edit

i installed the mod, created the tables via dbsetup fine, but then get this error everytime trying to access any and every part of the forum, i dont understand this at all, i havent changed this part of config.asp and it isnt changed in the mod version from what i can see....

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 05 June 2001 :  19:02:17  Show Profile
Thomas, try using the Access 2000 connection string instead in your config.asp file.

Stuf, I'm helping you in your other post.

Go to Top of Page

ABravNewWorld
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 05 June 2001 :  21:01:01  Show Profile  Visit ABravNewWorld's Homepage  Send ABravNewWorld an AOL message
OK, I tried switching to the Access 2000, but got the following error:

ADODB.Connection error '800a0e7a'

ADO could not find the specified provider.

/Forum/mod_dbsetup.asp, line 13

The server uses Access 97 and run NT4.0

quote:

Thomas, try using the Access 2000 connection string instead in your config.asp file.

Stuf, I'm helping you in your other post.

Thomas G.
"The best view of one's soul is from beyond the edge of looking back."
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 06 June 2001 :  11:20:54  Show Profile
Sounds like you have some outdated MDAC files. Go here: http://www.microsoft.com/data and look for Microsoft Jet 4.0 SP3 Now Available for Download. Download that and install it on your server. You would need to restart you server after that. Then try installing the mod again.

Go to Top of Page

w2kgamer
Starting Member

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 12 June 2001 :  11:17:14  Show Profile
I am having the same problem where it doesn't ban anyone. Including myself. I tried this trick to see if it resolved this issue, but it did not. Any ideas?

quote:

quote:
I had the same problem and here is how I got it to work...just go into the admin options and turn off both settings and hit apply. Then turn them back on again and hit apply. For some reason they default to showing on the first time you go in, even though they are off/null. I could write a fix for this, but I don't feel like it
hmmm, that shouldn't be. I'll look into it.

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 12 June 2001 :  12:49:16  Show Profile
Can you email me an admin password and username so I can test it myself?

Go to Top of Page

SalmanKhana
Average Member

USA
961 Posts

Posted - 12 June 2001 :  19:20:56  Show Profile
i just tried downloading that zip file.. i guess that link is not working anymore !!
can anyone plz put that back again ?? thanx

Go to Top of Page

SalmanKhana
Average Member

USA
961 Posts

Posted - 12 June 2001 :  19:33:40  Show Profile
o its workin now

Go to Top of Page

SalmanKhana
Average Member

USA
961 Posts

Posted - 13 June 2001 :  01:10:22  Show Profile
while uploading these files to /forum directory i updated the config.asp too and overwrote the previous one that had so many additional MODS.. and the rest of the files i updated as said in readme.txt. ... but now it doesn't open any topics in my fourm and it gives an error in topic.asp line 384 ... and funny thing is that on line 384 nothing is typed !!

now i have to do all the mods all over again.. I HOPE that i wont lose my database

Go to Top of Page

SalmanKhana
Average Member

USA
961 Posts

Posted - 13 June 2001 :  02:52:12  Show Profile
why do i always get this
Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0400'

Expected statement

/forum/topic.asp, line 384

end if
^

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 13 June 2001 :  08:01:30  Show Profile
You shoudn't have over wrote your files. If you have a copy of all your files before you over wrote them, you should put those back up. And then copy the ban ip mod code into the files. Don't over write them.
And I said that in the readme.txt file:

"If you have made any changes to your other files you will need to copy and paste the code into your files."

Seems to me users are not reading the readme.txt file. sheesh Can you post a link to a txt version of your topic.asp file?

Go to Top of Page

gglosser
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 22 June 2001 :  17:22:40  Show Profile  Visit gglosser's Homepage
quote:

You shoudn't have over wrote your files. If you have a copy of all your files before you over wrote them, you should put those back up. And then copy the ban ip mod code into the files. Don't over write them.
And I said that in the readme.txt file:

"If you have made any changes to your other files you will need to copy and paste the code into your files."

Seems to me users are not reading the readme.txt file. sheesh Can you post a link to a txt version of your topic.asp file?

Davio,

So what is the final set of files and instructions for this MOD? I need to place it on my Forums (with Access 2000) as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Gisele

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07