Else
sGetColspan = lOUT
End If
End Function

Go to Top of Page

davea

61 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2001 :  19:43:03  Show Profile
That worked =) I did not get the mod working but i got the forums working again, which is a bonus at least =).

With that chnage that should make the mod work also right?

Go to Top of Page

hevnsnt
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2001 :  20:02:48  Show Profile  Visit hevnsnt's Homepage
Worked Great for me!
I just entered the *******BAN IP MOD****** info where it needed to go.. works great.. thanks

Go to Top of Page

davea

61 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2001 :  20:33:50  Show Profile
umm the forum works ok, but it just does nto seem to working , the idiots are still registering and spamming away =)

Go to Top of Page

pr0c
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2001 :  21:43:58  Show Profile
I installed it, everything is ok, but when i ban people it does nothing, not even to myself!

Go to Top of Page

e3stone
Average Member

USA
885 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2001 :  18:49:00  Show Profile  Send e3stone an AOL message
You have to go into your Admin Options and turn the ban feature on. I wouldn't recommend banning yourself to test it, unless you have an access db and can download it to delete your ip from the banned ip field.

<-- Eric -->

http://insidewaco.com
Go to Top of Page

adamch25
Starting Member

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2001 :  11:27:05  Show Profile  Send adamch25 an AOL message  Send adamch25 an ICQ Message  Send adamch25 a Yahoo! Message
I had the same problem and here is how I got it to work...just go into the admin options and turn off both settings and hit apply. Then turn them back on again and hit apply. For some reason they default to showing on the first time you go in, even though they are off/null. I could write a fix for this, but I don't feel like it

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2001 :  02:24:40  Show Profile
quote:
I had the same problem and here is how I got it to work...just go into the admin options and turn off both settings and hit apply. Then turn them back on again and hit apply. For some reason they default to showing on the first time you go in, even though they are off/null. I could write a fix for this, but I don't feel like it
hmmm, that shouldn't be. I'll look into it.

Go to Top of Page

Adul
Starting Member

37 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2001 :  13:38:28  Show Profile  Visit Adul's Homepage  Send Adul an AOL message  Send Adul an ICQ Message
quote:

quote:
hmmm, that shouldn't be. I'll look into it.

Solved my problm to. Anyway to add a redirect in the next version? maybe a list of urls that can be inputed into the database and it would randomly redirect this user to another site.

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2001 :  18:13:37  Show Profile
quote:
Anyway to add a redirect in the next version?
Why? I wouldn't want someone to redirect me to another site when I try to go to thier forum. I prefer they tell me that I am banned. How would they know that they are banned if you redirect them?

They only thing I would think of adding is the ability to have a customizable ban message.

Go to Top of Page

nicr0s
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 04 June 2001 :  20:38:31  Show Profile
Davio - I think I have encountered a new error and was wondering if you could help (of if anyone else could).

Here's the story.

Lets say you ban 5 unique IP's (so all fields of the admin_ban_ip.asp page are filled in.

Usually you would have no problems as you cant insert anymore ip's on that page. BUT if you ban an IP from any other page using the BAN IP button it inserts that extra IP in. When you go to the admin_ban_ip.asp page it then displays an error. Im assuming that this is because it cant deal with the extra value in the db?

Think you could maybe increase the max number of bannable IP's and ranges to 20 or so? I have no clue how to do this :)

Please help! my messege board is being flooded to ****!

Go to Top of Page

nicr0s
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 04 June 2001 :  21:27:38  Show Profile
Davio - I think I have encountered a new error and was wondering if you could help (of if anyone else could).

Here's the story.

Lets say you ban 5 unique IP's (so all fields of the admin_ban_ip.asp page are filled in.

Usually you would have no problems as you cant insert anymore ip's on that page. BUT if you ban an IP from any other page using the BAN IP button it inserts that extra IP in. When you go to the admin_ban_ip.asp page it then displays an error. Im assuming that this is because it cant deal with the extra value in the db?

Think you could maybe increase the max number of bannable IP's and ranges to 20 or so? I have no clue how to do this :)

Please help! my messege board is being flooded to ****!

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 04 June 2001 :  21:33:49  Show Profile
Thanks for pointing out that bug. I'll find a fix for that.

But for your predicament, why are you banning so many ip's? ALong with the "Email Random Password" mod and the "Require Unique Email Address" option set to On, you don't have to be banning so many ip's. When the user registers an email is sent to thier email address with the password. If thier email is not valid they will not get the password to login. If the email address is valid and they flood the forum, you can lock thier account. If they try to register again, they have to use a different email address to get the password. Don't know how many email addresses one user can have.

And if they get past that system, then you have the ban ip option.

Go to Top of Page

nicr0s
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 04 June 2001 :  21:43:35  Show Profile
Davio - i installed the IP banning before I knew of the random e-mail passwords. I will have to get the Cdonts working on the server im using before I go any further with that one. Im new to asp so its been a learning experience over the past few months. :)

thought i would point that one out though as it caught me totally off guard. The industry that my website targets is generally mislead youth riding bikes... as you can imagine they love causing trouble!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07