MOD: Ban Users by IP
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Giapai

92 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2001 :  16:32:13  Show Profile  Visit Giapai's Homepage  Send Giapai an ICQ Message

Ok am going to do a whole clean install and i post the strConnString line right here so you maybe see why it went wrong cause i think thats why it went wrong

Go to Top of Page

Giapai

92 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2001 :  17:45:33  Show Profile  Visit Giapai's Homepage  Send Giapai an ICQ Message
I have not had chance to upload everything again but please have a look at the code i used it worked for me to install the board but it maybe can be done diff and it might caused the trouble with the ban ip mod..
hope you got enough info here.
---------------------
'strDBType = "sqlserver"
strDBType = "access"
'strDBType = "mysql"

'## Make sure to uncomment one of the strConnString lines!
'strConnString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("/mindvision/tools/snitz_forums_2000.mdb") '## MS Access 97 using virtual path
'strConnString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=c:\inetpub\dbroot\snitz_forums_2000.mdb" '## MS Access 97
'strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("/fpdb/snitz_forums_2000.mdb") '## MS Access 2000 using virtual path
'strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\inetpub\dbroot\forum.snitz.com\snitz_forum.mdb;" '## MS Access 2000
'strConnString = "driver={SQL Server};server=SERVER_NAME;uid=SQL_USER;pwd=PASSWORD;database=DATABASE_NAME" '## MS SQL Server 7
'strConnString = "driver=MySQL;server=SERVER_NAME;uid=MYSQL_USER;pwd=PARRWORD;database=DATABASE_NAME" '## MySQL

'strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("/mindvision/Giapai/tools/snitz_forums_2000.mdb") '## MS Access 2000 using virtual path
strConnString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("/mindvision/Giapai/tools/snitz_forums_2000.mdb") '## MS Access 97 using virtual path
strTablePrefix = "FORUM_"
strMemberTablePrefix = "FORUM_"
--------------------------

Thank you,
greetings Giapai

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2001 :  19:32:58  Show Profile
Aha. Try using the Access 2000 Connection String instead of the Access 97.

Go to Top of Page

Giapai

92 Posts

Posted - 29 March 2001 :  18:55:54  Show Profile  Visit Giapai's Homepage  Send Giapai an ICQ Message
quote:

Aha. Try using the Access 2000 Connection String instead of the Access 97.

k will try that in tomorow
i let ya know how it went
Giapai

Go to Top of Page

Giapai

92 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2001 :  14:06:54  Show Profile  Visit Giapai's Homepage  Send Giapai an ICQ Message
owk i did that and its working i usedstrConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("/mindvision/Giapai/tools/snitz_forums_2000.mdb") '## MS Access 2000 using
virtual path

seems like its working am going to try the ipban now

Go to Top of Page

Giapai

92 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2001 :  14:39:27  Show Profile  Visit Giapai's Homepage  Send Giapai an ICQ Message
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_CONFIG ADD COLUMN C_STRBANIP byte NULL DEFAULT 0
Column added successfully
Populating Current Records with new Default value
UPDATE FORUM_CONFIG SET C_STRBANIP=0
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_CONFIG ADD COLUMN C_STRBANIPRANGE byte NULL DEFAULT 0
UPDATE FORUM_CONFIG SET C_STRBANIPRANGE=0
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_CONFIG ADD COLUMN C_BAN_IP text(255) NULL DEFAULT '000.000.000.000|'
UPDATE FORUM_CONFIG SET C_BAN_IP='000.000.000.000|'
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_CONFIG ADD COLUMN C_BAN_IPRANGE text(255) NULL DEFAULT '000.000.000|'
UPDATE FORUM_CONFIG SET C_BAN_IPRANGE='000.000.000|'
Table(s) updated

wooooohoooooooooooooooo i did it thanks to you!!!

thank u a zillion times

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2001 :  23:42:59  Show Profile
You're Welcome!

When you had posted your connection strings, I had just remembered there was some problems using the old Access 97 connection. Might not have figured out what the problem was if you didn't post it.

Go to Top of Page

Giapai

92 Posts

Posted - 01 April 2001 :  16:01:52  Show Profile  Visit Giapai's Homepage  Send Giapai an ICQ Message

when you have time could you maybe help me with installing a email random password mod?
i saw you created one and i tried it but...
errors errors errors..
please take a look in modimplemention please and look for my question
thank you
Giapai

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 01 April 2001 :  20:54:09  Show Profile
Sure. Posted to your other reply.

Go to Top of Page

mark
Starting Member

46 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2001 :  02:27:05  Show Profile  Send mark an ICQ Message
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: 'banip'

/glenn/inc_top.asp, line 45

please help.

I use database 2000 connection.

im the king of the world
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2001 :  12:31:59  Show Profile
Can you post what is on your line 45?

Also, can you post a .txt version of your inc_top.asp file, so I can take a look at it, make sure you entered the code in correctly.

Just off the top of my head, did you add the sub banip() code to in the inc_top.asp too?

Go to Top of Page

swatijain
Starting Member

48 Posts

Posted - 13 April 2001 :  15:07:51  Show Profile
I would like to use your MOD..it seems like a nice one! Is it possible for you to provide instructions as to what lines to change? In some of your files I noticed that you did write '####BAN IP Mod###...but I think I will miss it at some spots.

I can't just replace the files because files like topic.asp I have performed a lot of changes at.

...thanks for your time...
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 13 April 2001 :  18:33:43  Show Profile
Nope, all the instructions that I am writing for it is in the readme.txt. Just look at the code before and after the ban ip code...and look for it in your file. Line numbers aren't gonna help, because your line numbers wouldn't match up, because you already modified your forum with other mods. Telling you to where to put the code would be nice, but why not show you exactly where to put it instead? And that's what I have done for you.

I don't have time to sit down and write out instructions for the mod. I will help you if you encounter any errors or problems, but that's as much as I can do for you.

Sorry.

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 26 April 2001 :  11:42:14  Show Profile
Mod updated with bug fix for SQL users.

Go to Top of Page

davea

61 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2001 :  18:46:12  Show Profile
Jyst tried to install this mod and it killed my forum =)

if you vsist www.uochat.co.uk/default2.asp you will see what i mean, either the page looks nuts or there is a error saying

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: 'sGetColspan'

/default2.asp, line 287

Any clues???

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07