Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 27 March 2001 :  13:56:09  Show Profile
Well, you could always buy a wig or die your hair if you don't like being blond.

I'm kidding.

The code is surronded by:
'########################### Ban IP Mod #########################
' Code goes here
'################################################################

And for the 2 lines that were mentioned earlier in this post, that has been fixed in zip file already. Wouldn't want everyone that installed this mod had to fix those 2 lines each time, now would I?

Go to Top of Page

Giapai

92 Posts

Posted - 27 March 2001 :  14:04:28  Show Profile  Visit Giapai's Homepage  Send Giapai an ICQ Message
quote:

And for the 2 lines that were mentioned earlier in this post, that has been fixed in zip file already. Wouldn't want everyone that installed this mod had to fix those 2 lines each time, now would I?

Lol that depends on how many times you would wanted to answer the same question i asked and on how many attention you like *grin*

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 27 March 2001 :  14:25:48  Show Profile

Go to Top of Page

Giapai

92 Posts

Posted - 27 March 2001 :  14:43:13  Show Profile  Visit Giapai's Homepage  Send Giapai an ICQ Message

sighs am really gonna die my hair to blonde soon...
cause am not a natural blonde lol

quote:

Next, you will need to run the setup script to install the database fields.
This script uses HuwR's latest Mod Setup Script mod_dbsetup.asp.
If you are sure that you have the latest Setup Script by HuwR, you don't need to use the mod_dbsetup.asp file used in this zip.
If you are unsure, please use the mod_dbsetup.asp file that is provided in the zip.

In your browser go to the mod_dbsetup.asp file

this is where i got stuck..
i wasnt sure if i had latest i think i have but well i like being sure... so i used one in the zip..
and i asumed i had to go here http://www.websamba.com/mindvision/Giapai/mod_dbsetup.asp

so i did... and i got an error... YIKES omg.. i messed up WHAT did i do wrong
well am not that blonce after all cause i coppied the config.asp before i made changes so i have a backup
and i did it all again, but... same error...
Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0400'

Expected statement

/mindvision/Giapai/config.asp, line 54

DBQ=d:\inetpub\www\mindvision\Giapai\tools\snitz_forums_2000.mdb" '## MS Access 97
------^
pulease tell me where i went wrong?

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 27 March 2001 :  14:51:38  Show Profile
It's not the mod_dbsetup.asp file that is giving that error. You did some modification to your config.asp file thats why it's throwing that error.
Can you post your strConnString line from your config.asp file?

Go to Top of Page

Giapai

92 Posts

Posted - 27 March 2001 :  15:04:38  Show Profile  Visit Giapai's Homepage  Send Giapai an ICQ Message
BRB i went to buy the things to die my hair...
the original config.asp was uploaded from another computer so i actulay changed the wrong config.asp and i uploaded the wrong one..
gonna try again now

Go to Top of Page

Giapai

92 Posts

Posted - 27 March 2001 :  15:14:06  Show Profile  Visit Giapai's Homepage  Send Giapai an ICQ Message
ok that error is finnished and.. the setup window appeared Wooohooooo i did good this time
but... when i clicked updat i came accross this:
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_CONFIG ADD COLUMN C_STRBANIP byte NULL DEFAULT 0
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in ALTER TABLE statement.
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_CONFIG ADD COLUMN C_STRBANIPRANGE byte NULL DEFAULT 0
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in ALTER TABLE statement.
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_CONFIG ADD COLUMN C_BAN_IP text(255) NULL DEFAULT '000.000.000.000|'
Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_CONFIG ADD COLUMN C_BAN_IPRANGE text(255) NULL DEFAULT '000.000.000|'
Table(s) updated

does that mean i have errors?????????
and how am i going to fix them?
i bet you can tell me how no i hope you aint tired of answering my questions yet

Go to Top of Page

Giapai

92 Posts

Posted - 27 March 2001 :  16:59:10  Show Profile  Visit Giapai's Homepage  Send Giapai an ICQ Message
i cam accross another error when i tried checking an ip...

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e10'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Too few parameters. Expected 1.

/mindvision/giapai/pop_ban_ip.asp, line 178

maybe it helps you discovering the problem so i just post it here

Go to Top of Page

Giapai

92 Posts

Posted - 27 March 2001 :  17:12:51  Show Profile  Visit Giapai's Homepage  Send Giapai an ICQ Message
The database you are using needs to be upgraded !!

Code : -2147217904
thats what i saw when i checked instalation...

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 27 March 2001 :  21:41:40  Show Profile
Hmmm, you are getting the last error, either because you didn't enter the ban ip mod code correctly into your config.asp file, or the ban ip tables haven't been created yet.

For the first error. Did you use the mod_dbsetup.asp file from out of the zip? If you did, when you get an error, it will tell you at the bottom "There were errors please post a question in the MOD Implementation Forum at Snitz Forums". If you don't see that, that means you are using an older version of the mod_dbsetup.asp file. Use the one from out of the zip.

You would also need to re-create the tables if the above was true.
<link removed>
(This is for Giapi only. please don't use this unless I tell you to use it. Thanks)

Download that file. Put it in your forum folder. (Can delete it afterwards if you want.) It will delete the tables and re-create them.

Go to Top of Page

Giapai

92 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2001 :  01:59:14  Show Profile  Visit Giapai's Homepage  Send Giapai an ICQ Message
Hmmm, you are getting the last error, either because you didn't enter the ban ip mod code correctly into your config.asp file, or the ban ip tables haven't been created yet.

For the first error. Did you use the mod_dbsetup.asp file from out of the zip? If you did, when you get an error, it will tell you at the bottom "There were errors please post a question in the MOD Implementation Forum at Snitz Forums". If you don't see that, that means you are using an older version of the mod_dbsetup.asp file. Use the one from out of the zip.

(This is for Giapi only. please don't use this unless I tell you to use it. Thanks)

Download that file. Put it in your forum folder. (Can delete it afterwards if you want.) It will delete the tables and re-create them.

[/quote]
Yes i used the mod_dbsetup from the disk
and under the errors they said post a question at this forum
so now i use that zip you made for me?
lol ya make me feel special ;p
lol

Go to Top of Page

Raichelle

370 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2001 :  02:07:46  Show Profile
i keep getting this error message after i install the bann ip mod

Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0400'

Expected statement

/forum/members.asp, line 286

end if
^

any help?
thank

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2001 :  08:35:40  Show Profile
Helping you in your other topic you posted Raichelle.

Giapi, I'm not sure why you were getting those setup errors. I see nothing wrong in the syntax. And I don't see why it throws errors for you, but doesn't throw errors for me. You are using an Access database I presume?

I will have to check with the author of the mod_dbsetup.asp file. See if there's something wrong. Let me know how the other file went.

Go to Top of Page

Giapai

92 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2001 :  11:21:11  Show Profile  Visit Giapai's Homepage  Send Giapai an ICQ Message
quote:

I will have to check with the author of the mod_dbsetup.asp file. See if there's something wrong. Let me know how the other file went.

Hiyas.. back home from work and tried the zip..
more error codes...
told me to post a message in the forum
I tried to copy paste the text for ya but that made my explorer crash.. sighs... any error log file i can check on?
pouts..
yes i use acces database..
.. just an idea... what if i just delete everything and start allover?
I am so sorry to given you so much work
and i appreciate all the help a lot

Giapai

Go to Top of Page

Giapai

92 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2001 :  12:22:56  Show Profile  Visit Giapai's Homepage  Send Giapai an ICQ Message
or just send me a icq message at 113270987

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07