Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
 MOD: Snitz Portal Beta 2.2 (Please Close Thread)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

MisterVB

274 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2001 :  13:14:57  Show Profile  Visit MisterVB's Homepage
If mLev = 4 Then
SQL = "SELECT * FROM Site_Links WHERE Added >= #" & dDate & "# ORDER BY Added DESC;"
Else
SQL = "SELECT * FROM Site_Links WHERE Added >= #" & dDate & "# AND Validated = True ORDER BY Added DESC;"
End If

thats what mine is ...i tried changing it to yours and it generated an error on me.

Go to Top of Page

Brent Trevel

Canada
122 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2001 :  16:32:46  Show Profile  Visit Brent Trevel's Homepage
Hello all,

I'll try to cover everything...

HuwR -> Thanks a lot. You have been a great help. I love the Sopranos! Have a blast and bring back some interesting stories!

bjlt -> This is a small bug that I haven't fixed yet. I applies only to eternal links in the top level category (CatID = 0) and only shows up when you are trying to return to the site. I will post a fix for this ASAP.

tschive -> I really like what you are doing with this mod! I am sending you an E-Mail through the Forum. Let me know if you don't get it.

- Concerning WhatsNew.asp:
I will be releasing an improved version of this page that supports from extra features (like selecting the number of days past to review new resources, etc.).

Other than that, thank you all very much for helping others with this Mod when I am not around! I will be releasing the final version of this mod (vers 1.0 final) in a few days. All previous versions installations will still work; there will be only updated files, no changes to the db.

What a great community. Really.

Sincerely,

Brent Trevel,
Combat Intelligence
www.combatintelligence.com

Edited by - Brent Trevel on 02 April 2001 16:47:49
Go to Top of Page

MisterVB

274 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2001 :  16:59:13  Show Profile  Visit MisterVB's Homepage
Thank you for covering our whines and cries. lol Anyhow this is a great mod i'm sure we're all just giving our information in hopes this will grow bigger and better.

Go to Top of Page

XavierSlater

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2001 :  18:50:25  Show Profile  Visit XavierSlater's Homepage
Thanx HuwR.

BTW, slightly off topic, I managed to get the User Defined Fields working. Thanx once more.

Go to Top of Page

Morpheus73
Average Member

Denmark
597 Posts

Posted - 03 April 2001 :  15:06:57  Show Profile
Are any of you playing around with the content management system? - what I long for is a feature that offers better possibilities for picture integration (placement,size, samll italic text under picture a.s.o.)

also - would this version work with MySQL and or Apache with Apache:ASP?

MPH73

Go to Top of Page

tschive

Switzerland
63 Posts

Posted - 04 April 2001 :  02:19:49  Show Profile
quote:

Are any of you playing around with the content management system? - what I long for is a feature that offers better possibilities for picture integration (placement,size, samll italic text under picture a.s.o.)

after coding the different way to diplay the content (news, products, articles) i will update the edit* and the addlink.asp.
i'm planning to integrate the "design" possibility of the post.asp. so you are able to insert image tags, links ..... and even, if you set html code on, to insert every html code you want.
tschive

;-)
.... und tschüss
Go to Top of Page

Brent Trevel

Canada
122 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2001 :  02:48:01  Show Profile  Visit Brent Trevel's Homepage
HuwR (and anyone else interested),

I was thinking about the feature you requested (have the last odd category display the full width) and I figured out an easy way to do it so I did. It looks very nice and I think I will leave it that way.

I have also added img support for the 'current category display', meaning that when you enter a category with an image it is displayed along with the description and the related forum (if there is one selected)...

I cannot show a demo right now, or provide a download because the server hosting my Beta is down, but if you visit the main URL you will be able to see these new changes in action.

The final release of this Mod will be this weekend. Expected enhancements include: (but are not limited to)
- category display improvement (mentioned above)
- improved support for forum code
- improved whats new page
- whats new include (for display anywhere in site)
- improved search
- maybe some more...

This mod is currently being used at my test site (which is still WAY under construction) but you can take a peek as soon as the server is back up. It shows how this Mod can be used to display a site's content...

Combat Intel BETA
http://www1.7host.com/ninjaman/

Any questions? Just ask.

Adios

Sincerely,

Brent Trevel,
Combat Intelligence

Edited by - Brent Trevel on 05 April 2001 02:52:53
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2001 :  04:35:30  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
Brent

Small problem, If you edit a Top level link, it is no longer top_level, but gets assigned to a category.

Go to Top of Page

Morpheus73
Average Member

Denmark
597 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2001 :  08:34:54  Show Profile
Could we have My profile and "you have...private messages" show up in the login field? ... and also admin/moderator options should show up there?

MPH

Also....Is someone up for making version 3.2 the first multilanguage version available...in cooperation, I´d love to undertake some of the text to string conversion...

- If anyone is up for this, I have ideas how this could work.

MPH73

Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2001 :  08:46:14  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
after 3.2 is released, internationalisation is the next major undertaking

Go to Top of Page

ctsolutions

Germany
69 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2001 :  09:34:54  Show Profile  Visit ctsolutions's Homepage  Send ctsolutions an ICQ Message
Hi@all

is anywhere a working Link to download the Snitz Portal Beta 2.2 ?

.... and how work with SQL 2000 ?

Regards,
ctsolutions

Snitz Forum 2000 Test Site = Access 2000 =
http://itc.dynip.com/itcenter
Running on HuwR's SR4 release. Colors and Graphic scheme done by Richard Kinser.
Go to Top of Page

Morpheus73
Average Member

Denmark
597 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2001 :  17:24:18  Show Profile
quote:

Could you reveal more details on this?...will translation possibly be database managed with admin interface or just plain different versions with "fixed" translations?

Go to Top of Page

Morpheus73
Average Member

Denmark
597 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2001 :  17:24:19  Show Profile
quote:

Could you reveal more details on this?...will translation possibly be database managed with admin interface or just plain different versions with "fixed" translations?

Go to Top of Page

Brent Trevel

Canada
122 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2001 :  18:19:39  Show Profile  Visit Brent Trevel's Homepage
quote:

Hi@all

is anywhere a working Link to download the Snitz Portal Beta 2.2 ?

.... and how work with SQL 2000 ?

Regards,
ctsolutions

You can download this MOD from the URL in the very first post in this topic. Any time I update the code I will always update the zip file so the zip is always the latest version.

The server hosting my demo site is still down so I will upload the zip file to another server if this problem continues.

Hope this helps.

HuwR,

Okay this is a very simple fix. Simply open up editlink.asp (found in the Forum/include folder) and on line 174 look for this code:

<% Call DisplayCategories %>

And add the line in red above it:

<option value="0">Top Level Category</option>
<% Call DisplayCategories %>

Then when you are editing a top level link it will automatically select the Top Level Category if there is none set.

I will also be improving the option to add a top level category, it looks kind of messy right now and I also have a control variable being displayed (the # 4 for mLev)...

Anyway. Hope this helps as well.

Sincerely,

Brent Trevel,
Combat Intelligence
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 05 April 2001 :  19:31:47  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
cheers, worked a treat

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07