Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
 MOD: Snitz Portal Beta 2.2 (Please Close Thread)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

GP

63 Posts

Posted - 01 April 2001 :  09:59:08  Show Profile
Hi all,

When I use the portal script and click a link to a site I get this error:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: 'lastdate'

/community/goto.asp, line 23

You have probably told us what is wrong already but I dont know which file I have to update or ammend to rectify the problem..

Please help..

Cheers

Pete.

Edited by - gp on 01 April 2001 10:16:31
Go to Top of Page

Brent Trevel

Canada
122 Posts

Posted - 01 April 2001 :  12:29:42  Show Profile  Visit Brent Trevel's Homepage
quote:

Thanks for the fixes, will carry on working.

The other point was merely a question, I just thought that if you had three top level cats it would be nice to make one of them full width that was all, not important

Gotcha. No problem...

quote:

Biggest problem, can't get the links to work, for some reason it thinks my forum URl is something entirely different, and I can't work out why, when I'm in the forum all is ok, but when I come out of the forum they point to my local server ? not my web server.

HuwR,

This is a problem/bug in the Snitz forum code and not my Mod. Because the application variables are set with an added path info variable the strForumURL and all the other vars set by the config.asp file will not pull the same information out of the db unless you run setup.asp in the same folder that has the Portal files! You will need to copy these files into the Portal directory:

setup.asp
setup_login.asp
config.asp
inc_functions.asp
inc_create_forum_mysql.asp
inc_create_forum_sql6.asp
inc_create_forum_sql7.asp

And then simply open the setup.asp file (from your Portal directory) and it should tell you that the forum setup is complete without errors. Then just reload the Portal Resources.asp page and the URL's/Colors should all be updated!

It's pretty weird but it works

Sincerely,

Brent Trevel,
Combat Intelligence
www.combatintelligence.com

Edited by - Brent Trevel on 01 April 2001 12:37:01
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 01 April 2001 :  12:50:39  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
thanks for the tip, works great now.

Go to Top of Page

Brent Trevel

Canada
122 Posts

Posted - 01 April 2001 :  13:10:07  Show Profile  Visit Brent Trevel's Homepage

Right on. Glad it's finally working properly!

Sincerely,

Brent Trevel,
Combat Intelligence
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 01 April 2001 :  19:30:26  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
still playing with it, but you can see it here if you want to take a look
http://www.magicmushroom.org.uk

One suggestion, it may be better if the rating stars didn't kick in until there has been a minimum number of votes. just because one person rates something as excelent, doesn't really warrant 5 stars

Go to Top of Page

Brent Trevel

Canada
122 Posts

Posted - 01 April 2001 :  23:37:40  Show Profile  Visit Brent Trevel's Homepage
quote:

One suggestion, it may be better if the rating stars didn't kick in until there has been a minimum number of votes. just because one person rates something as excelent, doesn't really warrant 5 stars

Looks nice! I am glad that the color scheme modifications I did for Gor work well with your site as well (or did you make some changes?).

Concerning the rating feature: I feel that by displaying the number of votes right beside the rating, the user can take the rating with a grain of salt if one person has marked it as excellent or very poor etc. However, I do also agree that the average user will see the 6 stars and say: "whoop-tee-do! great link!" ...

So really, it comes down to a matter of personal preference. However, implementing that feature would be very simple... I'll have my own demo site up by (early)this morning and based on the feedback I get from my developers/testers I'll decide wether to include it in the next release (which should be the final release).

BTW, I sent you an E-mail through the Forum, did you get it?

Sincerely,

Brent Trevel,
Combat Intelligence
Go to Top of Page

tschive

Switzerland
63 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2001 :  03:19:29  Show Profile
hi
i updated my test site.
my approach is a little bit different then yours. i try to divide the different linktypes in the display, so i'm able to display related stuff. look into the links section. at the left is a news display that shows only the category related content. i will do the same with the other linktypes.
cool not?
take a look here and tell me what you think about this.
please dont be afraid, it's partially in german
tschive

;-)
.... und tschüss
Go to Top of Page

MisterVB

274 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2001 :  04:53:02  Show Profile  Visit MisterVB's Homepage
theres an error in your page when you click on the links button..heres the error it generates.

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e14'

Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'CatID = 0 ADD LinkType = 4 AND Validated = 1'.

/portal/content/include/DisplayLinks.asp, line 24

Go to Top of Page

bjlt

1144 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2001 :  07:54:48  Show Profile
I got this on your demo site when trying to go back to snitz portal from a link (asp index)

ADODB.Field error '80020009'

Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.

/ninjaman/Portal/Resources.asp, line 0

Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2001 :  08:00:17  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
quote:

quote:

Looks nice! I am glad that the color scheme modifications I did for Gor work well with your site as well (or did you make some changes?).

Concerning the rating feature: I feel that by displaying the number of votes right beside the rating, the user can take the rating with a grain of salt if one person has marked it as excellent or very poor etc. However, I do also agree that the average user will see the 6 stars and say: "whoop-tee-do! great link!" ...

So really, it comes down to a matter of personal preference. However, implementing that feature would be very simple... I'll have my own demo site up by (early)this morning and based on the feedback I get from my developers/testers I'll decide wether to include it in the next release (which should be the final release).

BTW, I sent you an E-mail through the Forum, did you get it?

Sincerely,

Brent Trevel,
Combat Intelligence

Colours worked great, didn't make any changes.
Got your email, will send you files tomorow, I'm off to London today to a friends gig.

If you have heard of or seen the TV series The Soprano's, they do the theme tune

Go to Top of Page

XavierSlater

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2001 :  10:12:30  Show Profile  Visit XavierSlater's Homepage
Sorry, am having problems with "Whats New?" I am getting the following error:-
quote:

ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cc1'

Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.

/aa/WhatsNew.asp, line 76

Which refers to the foolowing line of code:-

<td bgcolor="<%=strForumFirstCellColor%>" valign="top" align="left"><font face="<%=strDefaultFontFace%>" size="<%=strDefaultFontSize%>"><%If objRec2("Author") <> "" Then%><b> <font color="#000000">Author:</font> </b><font color="<%=strLinkColor%>"><%=objRec2("Author")%></font>  <%End If%><%If objRec2("Price") <> "0" Then%><b><font color="#000000">Price:</font></b> <font color="<%=strLinkColor%>">$<%=objRec2("Price")%></font><%End If%><% If objRec2("Price") <> "0" OR objRec2("Author") <> "" Then%><br><%End If%><%=objRec2("Desc")%></font>

its from http://www.superiority.net/aa/WhatsNew.asp

Any ideas?

Elsewise this MOD will prolly make my life a whole lot easier...[:-)]

Thanx in advance

Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2001 :  10:56:59  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
change <%=objRec2("Desc")%> to

<%=objRec2("LinkDesc")%>

Go to Top of Page

tschive

Switzerland
63 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2001 :  12:17:20  Show Profile
quote:

theres an error in your page when you click on the links button..heres the error it generates.

fixed
thank you mrvb

;-)
.... und tschüss
Go to Top of Page

MisterVB

274 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2001 :  12:29:31  Show Profile  Visit MisterVB's Homepage
You're welcome...

Huwr can you help me with my whatsnew.asp please... or anyone else that knows about this mod... My whatsnew page shows but doesn't show any links that were recently added... Well i mean the whats new link opens with no errors but it just shows nothing but the standard text that is suppose to show.

Go to Top of Page

tschive

Switzerland
63 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2001 :  12:38:42  Show Profile
quote:

My whatsnew page shows but doesn't show any links that were recently added... Well i mean the whats new link opens with no errors but it just shows nothing but the standard text that is suppose to show.

i think this is an sqlstring proplem
please post the sql of your whatsnew.sap
mine looks like this:
If mLev = 4 Then
SQL = "SELECT * FROM FORUM_Site_Links WHERE Added > '" & lastdate & "' ORDER BY Added DESC;"
Else
SQL = "SELECT * FROM FORUM_Site_Links WHERE Added > '" & lastdate & "' AND Validated = True ORDER BY Added DESC;"
End If

this works.
oops
this is a thing i changed. i think in the original code the time vartiable is called dDate

tschive

;-)
.... und tschüss

Edited by - tschive on 02 April 2001 12:42:20
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07