Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community Forums
 Community Discussions (All other subjects)
 Free host?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Extra Sports
Average Member

USA
644 Posts

Posted - 25 January 2004 :  21:56:27  Show Profile
Anybody know of any free host that allows offsite linking to host signatures and avatars?

Thanks

EXTRA SPORTS

OneWayMule
Dev. Team Member & Support Moderator

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 25 January 2004 :  22:02:19  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
Hosts that allow hotlinking are rare, since bandwidth isn't free.
Anyway, I suggest you do a search over at http://www.freewebspace.net/ there are lots of topics about that.

My MODs:
Birthdays - Custom Policy - F.A.Q. Administration - Forum Rules - Guestbook
Links Manager - MyOwnGoogle - Profile Views - Search Log - WebSearch

Useful stuff:
Forum and MOD Installation - MOD Installation Guide - Snitz v3.4.05 Readme - Free ASP Hosts - Support Snitz
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 25 January 2004 :  23:10:45  Show Profile
even most paid hosts don't appreciate being used for this purpose.
Go to Top of Page

sr_erick

USA
1318 Posts

Posted - 26 January 2004 :  02:10:19  Show Profile  Visit sr_erick's Homepage  Send sr_erick a Yahoo! Message
I know I don't nessesarily apprecicate it. What I am going to probably do is allow it, but if an image is linked from off site, it will be regenerated with a nice little logo of mine in the lower right corner.

Erick
Snowmobile Fanatics

Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 26 January 2004 :  02:16:29  Show Profile
Check out http://www.v8central.com/snitz3403/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4848 for more details.
Go to Top of Page

zinpin

Australia
202 Posts

Posted - 26 January 2004 :  03:17:05  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by sr_erick

I know I don't nessesarily apprecicate it. What I am going to probably do is allow it, but if an image is linked from off site, it will be regenerated with a nice little logo of mine in the lower right corner.

How do you do that if you don't mind me asking Erick?
Go to Top of Page

sr_erick

USA
1318 Posts

Posted - 26 January 2004 :  11:32:37  Show Profile  Visit sr_erick's Homepage  Send sr_erick a Yahoo! Message
That little detail I do not know as of yet. I have seen it done before so I know it is possible.

Erick
Snowmobile Fanatics

Go to Top of Page

redbrad0
Advanced Member

USA
3725 Posts

Posted - 29 January 2004 :  12:20:33  Show Profile  Visit redbrad0's Homepage  Send redbrad0 an AOL message
What I would suggest erick is have a file that you always call for each image that you want to be like this....

http://www.yourserver.com/pullimage.asp?f=image.gif

Then you can have your images in a unique directory where they can not know they are located like images040124. Then you just check to see what url requested it and then you know to add your logo to it or not. I am pretty sure this would work and dont really know any problems with it.

Brad
Oklahoma City Online Entertainment Guide
Oklahoma Event Tickets
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07