New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ace6vel

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2003 :  22:13:15  Show Profile  Visit ace6vel's Homepage  Send ace6vel an AOL message  Send ace6vel a Yahoo! Message
who can help me with puting the mod for private messages. the help i need is somebody who can make the changes in config.asp , members.asp and so on and send them to me and i will upload the rest. i tried to do this by my self and with help of laser but it didnt work out. so if sombodu could do this pls help
10q to all

Eminem is the best!!!

Edited by - ace6vel on 12 November 2003 23:21:43

TestMagic

USA
1568 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2003 :  23:42:30  Show Profile  Visit TestMagic's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by ace6vel

who can help me with puting the mod for private messages. the help i need is somebody who can make the changes in config.asp , members.asp and so on and send them to me and i will upload the rest. i tried to do this by my self and with help of laser but it didnt work out. so if sombodu could do this pls help
10q to all

Didn't laser get you started on Brinkster? And now you want to use a different host?

You should simply upload the files that are working on Brinkster to your new host.

Snitz rocks! · Search 2
Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2003 :  23:49:51  Show Profile
quote:
Didn't laser get you started on Brinkster?

ruirib got started, I finished it off - timezones between the 3 of us, nothing more
quote:
And now you want to use a different host?

It seems like it
quote:
You should simply upload the files that are working on Brinkster to your new host.
This has been suggests as the proper way forward
Go to Top of Page

ace6vel

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2003 :  16:01:17  Show Profile  Visit ace6vel's Homepage  Send ace6vel an AOL message  Send ace6vel a Yahoo! Message
hey laser helped me ruirrib helped me but the PM on brinksetr doest work and the forum is messed up that y i want somebody to help me

Eminem is the best!!!
Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2003 :  16:23:33  Show Profile
ace, your Brinkster install is fine - you're missing two SMALL things but I can send & receive PMs quite easily.

The COLOURS are terrible, but as I told you on Yahoo, the colour choice is purely yours - if you don't like them just change them.
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2003 :  16:42:52  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
I would reinforce what has been said by the others. Get the files changed for the PM mod and upload them to the new site. The new site is working, so if you just upload the changed files and the dbs file and execute the dbs file, the forum at the new host should work perfectly... with the PM mod installed.

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

ace6vel

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2003 :  17:14:11  Show Profile  Visit ace6vel's Homepage  Send ace6vel an AOL message  Send ace6vel a Yahoo! Message
ok but i can asure u that i will need another one :P i mean onther forum becouse i will messed up and this one

Eminem is the best!!!

Edited by - ace6vel on 13 November 2003 17:14:50
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2003 :  17:28:40  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
Before changing any file, backup the files you are going to change. If anything goes wrong, just restore the files from your backup. I will not keep installing forums for you just to mess them up again and again, ok?

Go to Top of Page

ace6vel

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2003 :  18:19:39  Show Profile  Visit ace6vel's Homepage  Send ace6vel an AOL message  Send ace6vel a Yahoo! Message
k man i will have that in mind

Eminem is the best!!!
Go to Top of Page

ace6vel

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2003 :  18:37:33  Show Profile  Visit ace6vel's Homepage  Send ace6vel an AOL message  Send ace6vel a Yahoo! Message
ok ruirrib go on my forum and see what it says i do everything and before that it was writen like there was a pb with the database

Eminem is the best!!!
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2003 :  18:38:25  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
What forum would that be?

Go to Top of Page

ace6vel

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2003 :  18:47:34  Show Profile  Visit ace6vel's Homepage  Send ace6vel an AOL message  Send ace6vel a Yahoo! Message
http://e.1asphost.com/ace6vel/forum

Eminem is the best!!!
Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2003 :  18:58:18  Show Profile
The problem is that you haven't specified a db type, and most probably not a connection string either. The config.asp from your Brinkster site will help a bit, but the ConnString will most probably need changing.
Go to Top of Page

ace6vel

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2003 :  19:02:59  Show Profile  Visit ace6vel's Homepage  Send ace6vel an AOL message  Send ace6vel a Yahoo! Message
ConnString whats that

Eminem is the best!!!
Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2003 :  19:11:15  Show Profile
Edit your config.asp file liek you were editting the others. Read the readme file that comes with Snitz. Basically there is two settings you will need to change :

strDBType - what type of database are you using
strConnString - to define how you are connecting to the database.

Only after you do that will you be able to install the forum properly. Your Brinkster server has these settings in there, but they are correct for Brinkster only. If you change servers, you will need to change the strConnString setting.
Go to Top of Page

ace6vel

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2003 :  19:20:59  Show Profile  Visit ace6vel's Homepage  Send ace6vel an AOL message  Send ace6vel a Yahoo! Message
ok but ruirrib was changing those i dont know that i heavent do that jet

Eminem is the best!!!

Edited by - ace6vel on 13 November 2003 19:21:31
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.35 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07