Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2003 :  19:36:18  Show Profile
I think you have overwritten the config.asp again. THe file on Brinkster contained ruirib's changes, and you PM mod changes in it. If you copy that file (from Brinkster - to your computer - to your new forum location) the only thing you need to change is the strConnString. That will have to match the current location of your database.
Go to Top of Page

ace6vel

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2003 :  19:39:23  Show Profile  Visit ace6vel's Homepage  Send ace6vel an AOL message  Send ace6vel a Yahoo! Message
ok i will put it now and replay in 20 min

Eminem is the best!!!
Go to Top of Page

ace6vel

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2003 :  19:53:43  Show Profile  Visit ace6vel's Homepage  Send ace6vel an AOL message  Send ace6vel a Yahoo! Message
k im done now tell me how to change the connstring and the config.asp???

Eminem is the best!!!
Go to Top of Page

ace6vel

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2003 :  19:56:18  Show Profile  Visit ace6vel's Homepage  Send ace6vel an AOL message  Send ace6vel a Yahoo! Message
now i messed up eveything the page could not be diplayed **** sry :(

Eminem is the best!!!
Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2003 :  20:06:31  Show Profile
Looks fine here, you still haven't got the config.asp settings done properly.
Go to Top of Page

ace6vel

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2003 :  20:15:44  Show Profile  Visit ace6vel's Homepage  Send ace6vel an AOL message  Send ace6vel a Yahoo! Message
ok i download the config.asp from brinkster i put it there nad now what? u said something connstring what to change there do i need to change the database or do i need to give u the pass i user form 1asphot.com and u to see what the pb is???

Eminem is the best!!!
Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2003 :  21:18:46  Show Profile
You still haven't put the file from Brinkster on your new server
Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2003 :  23:56:35  Show Profile
ace6vel, I have now fixed your config.asp so it works. I don't know what you have done to the other forum files, I would suggest you re-upload all forum files, but NOT the database or the config.asp
Go to Top of Page

acoustika

Denmark
311 Posts

Posted - 14 November 2003 :  02:59:33  Show Profile  Visit acoustika's Homepage  Send acoustika an ICQ Message
after trying your link to your Forum Ace6vel, I think you have the same problem as me, when I for the first time uploaded my forum, something one of the moderators of this forum fixed for me. Simply I needed to run Setup.asp again once the forum was uploaded, I think that's why your colors are missing, maybe try running the setup again.

May The Code Be With You
www.UniqueDk.dk *** The Open Forums of Denmark ***
Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 14 November 2003 :  03:01:41  Show Profile
Thanks for that acoustika, ONE day I might remember to do it - it's the first thing I always do and I assume everyone else does it the same

ace, all setup & working now
Go to Top of Page

acoustika

Denmark
311 Posts

Posted - 14 November 2003 :  03:05:14  Show Profile  Visit acoustika's Homepage  Send acoustika an ICQ Message
You're welcome ;-)

Glad I could help *S*

May The Code Be With You
www.UniqueDk.dk *** The Open Forums of Denmark ***
Go to Top of Page

ace6vel

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 14 November 2003 :  08:27:45  Show Profile  Visit ace6vel's Homepage  Send ace6vel an AOL message  Send ace6vel a Yahoo! Message
thnx to all i will upload all the files agaig the needed one becouse like i see the memebrs and the profile is not working and i will upload that again thnx laser and acoustika

Eminem is the best!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07