Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Help Groups for Snitz Forums 2000 Users
 Help: MOD Implementation
 [solved] Icon change for 'read topics'???
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bravestar
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 11 November 2003 :  19:15:23  Show Profile
Hi there,

I got a problem I wasn´t able to fix on my own. In my Forum the icon for new topics only changes to the "read topic/known topic"-icon when I go to active.asp and use the "mark all topics as read"-button.

Even if I log out and wait for hours the icons do not change - but the "hot-topic"-thing works fine. So please tell me: Where can I find the problem cause I´m searching for days now.

Pretty bad detail:
My Snitz is based on Serverhacker and heavily modified, so just downgrading is not a solution (more than 300 hours work in this forum cause I needed a lot of special features.. :))

thx for all answers :)

Edited by - Bravestar on 14 November 2003 14:41:42

Rasco
Advanced Member

Germany
3192 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2003 :  02:49:35  Show Profile  Send Rasco an ICQ Message
Maybe it helps to delete your cookies and try again.

German Snitz Forum
Go to Top of Page

Bravestar
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2003 :  05:17:51  Show Profile
thx for answering :)

No - deleting the cookies didn´t solve the Problem.

Any ideas left? :)
Go to Top of Page

Bravestar
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2003 :  17:39:06  Show Profile
anybody?
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 12 November 2003 :  17:40:19  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
What is shown for the last visit date when you return to the forum?

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

Bravestar
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2003 :  09:25:20  Show Profile
Last Visit Date/Time seems o be ok. I got even some members check that, it seems to work fine.
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2003 :  16:27:42  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
Well that means it must be a code issue. Since we're dealing with a modded forum I will move this to the Mod Implementation forum. Maybe someone who knows the mod's code can help. I would also suggest that you ask for help at ServerHacker's forum.

Go to Top of Page

Bravestar
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 14 November 2003 :  07:54:42  Show Profile
Okay - I´ll try to get support at the Serverhacker-Forum but their forum is unlikely dead (no visitors = no help). And I hope despite that fact I´ll get support for another Problem there, but this problem isn´t IMHO a serverhacker-problem.

The code in default.asp is not that much changed by serverhacker so that I suppose I must have another Problem with Cookies or so. So can anybody tell me how that **** works generally or do I have to spend the complete weekend to find out what lot´s of you already know?

1. How are the topics indicated as "read" or "not read" (where´s the code for that)
2. How many cookies does snitz use (I´ve got one but no reply-box-size is stored)

Thx for help
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 14 November 2003 :  09:13:52  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
Basically finding whether a topic has been read or not is done through a comparison of the last update / addition / edition to the topic or its replies and the last visit date. If the last update is posterior to the last visit date, then the topic is shown as an active topic (or a not read one, if you want to look at it like that). Because this is the way its done, and you stated that the last visit date is ok, the problem you are facing must be due to some code change, since the code in a default Snitz forum works as expected, I'm assuming that the problem lies with your code.

Does the problem show in all pages, forum.asp, topic.asp, active.asp?

Edited by - ruirib on 14 November 2003 09:16:52
Go to Top of Page

Bravestar
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 14 November 2003 :  14:18:09  Show Profile
Thx for your reply :)

The problem shows in default.asp and another file called "recent.asp" (<- I think recent.asp is part of a Mod so this might be my fault cause I changed a lot of code in there).

active.asp works fine.

I just compared the default.asp from your latest official release with my default.asp - there are a few differences but only concerning the Hover-Mod and the german translation of some output but no further changes. Then I´ve compared the format of last forum-posting in my database and the Last_here_date -value stored in the session-cookie: format is the same.

I have really no clue what the reason might be.

thx for patience :)

Greetz
Go to Top of Page

Bravestar
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 14 November 2003 :  14:40:42  Show Profile
STOP!

solved :)

It was a problem with a Setlocale("de") in one of my custom functions in an included asp-script.

Thx for help :)

Greetz
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 14 November 2003 :  16:21:30  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
Ok, glad you fixed it :).

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.35 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07