Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

redbrad0
Advanced Member

USA
3725 Posts

Posted - 21 February 2001 :  12:57:53  Show Profile  Visit redbrad0's Homepage  Send redbrad0 an AOL message
quote:

Itrepidone,

It's already done but I have a little problem implementing some of my code in the mod's database setup file. Plus, it's exam week here at school (heavy material) .

The original code for that mod is not mine. I loved the way it's done, so I hacked it to work with snitz and made it easier to navigate thru, plus other things with the db.

I promise it'll be out in the next two days (if problem is fixed!)

ô¿~

Edited by - frankie on 19 February 2001 20:51:27

make sure to put the copywrite of the original code in this mod

Brad
Go to Top of Page

redbrad0
Advanced Member

USA
3725 Posts

Posted - 21 February 2001 :  16:39:34  Show Profile  Visit redbrad0's Homepage  Send redbrad0 an AOL message
frankie

i am not on your back. i am just trying to help you understand because i was once asking and doing the same things you are doing. i was not aware of all the hard work people put into their code untill i started writing stuff from scratch also. then when i was noticing people using my code and linking to my download files then thats when i started to really believe in leaving the copywrite in place

Brad
Go to Top of Page

Ofird
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 21 February 2001 :  18:27:54  Show Profile
i wanted to upgade and this what hepend
http://ofird.trab.dk/f/listings_setup.asp

CREATE TABLE CAT(ID INT (11) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL auto_increment , CAT VARCHAR(255))
-2147467259 | [TCX][MyODBC]Incorrect table definition; There can only be one auto column and it must be defined as a key
CREATE TABLE SUBCAT(SUBCATID INT (11) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL auto_increment , SUBCATNAME VARCHAR(255), CATID VARCHAR(50))
-2147467259 | [TCX][MyODBC]Incorrect table definition; There can only be one auto column and it must be defined as a key
CREATE TABLE LINK2(ID INT (11) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL auto_increment , NAME VARCHAR(100), URL VARCHAR(255), KEYWORD MEMO, DESCRIPTION MEMO, EMAIL VARCHAR(100), POSTDATE VARCHAR(100), HIT INT DEFAULT 0, CATEGORY VARCHAR(50), PARENTID VARCHAR(50), SHOW BIT, BADLINK BIT)
-2147217911 | [TCX][MyODBC]You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'MEMO, DESCRIPTION MEMO, EMAIL VARCHAR(100), POSTDATE VARCHAR(100), HIT INT DEFAU' at line 1

Go to Top of Page

Ofird
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 21 February 2001 :  18:28:13  Show Profile

CREATE TABLE CAT(ID INT (11) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL auto_increment , CAT VARCHAR(255))
CREATE TABLE SUBCAT(SUBCATID INT (11) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL auto_increment , SUBCATNAME VARCHAR(255), CATID VARCHAR(50))
CREATE TABLE LINK2(ID INT (11) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL auto_increment , NAME VARCHAR(100), URL VARCHAR(255), KEYWORD MEMO, DESCRIPTION MEMO, EMAIL VARCHAR(100), POSTDATE VARCHAR(100), HIT INT DEFAULT 0, CATEGORY VARCHAR(50), PARENTID VARCHAR(50), SHOW BIT, BADLINK BIT)
-2147217911 | [TCX][MyODBC]You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'MEMO, DESCRIPTION MEMO, EMAIL VARCHAR(100), POSTDATE VARCHAR(100), HIT INT DEFAU' at line 1

Go to Top of Page

frankie

Vatican City
304 Posts

Posted - 22 February 2001 :  11:29:44  Show Profile  Visit frankie's Homepage  Send frankie an AOL message  Send frankie an ICQ Message  Send frankie a Yahoo! Message
quote:

ofird,

Are using mysql? anyways, your're missing a quotation mark in this string:
" NOT NULL auto_increment 

change it to this:
" NOT NULL auto_increment "

Plus, try to change all the MEMO fields in that file to TEXET.

Keep me in touch. PEACE

ô¿~
Go to Top of Page

nwduffer
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2001 :  20:11:42  Show Profile
What exactly can't be used in submitting a URL for the user. I'm not sure which punctuation in which fields are causing the error.

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e14'

Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression ''The home of the TFM message boards. If you're looking at this link'.

/forum/addurl.asp, line 51

If I take out all punctuation from all fields, I can submit URLs. As soon as I put in a more detailed description, it chokes at mulitple points. Above is one example.

Thanks,
Paul

Go to Top of Page

frankie

Vatican City
304 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2001 :  23:04:58  Show Profile  Visit frankie's Homepage  Send frankie an AOL message  Send frankie an ICQ Message  Send frankie a Yahoo! Message
quote:

What exactly can't be used in submitting a URL for the user. I'm not sure which punctuation in which fields are causing the error.

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e14'

Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression ''The home of the TFM message boards. If you're looking at this link'.

/forum/addurl.asp, line 51

If I take out all punctuation from all fields, I can submit URLs. As soon as I put in a more detailed description, it chokes at mulitple points. Above is one example.

Thanks,
Paul

Paul,

This mod doesn't take apostrophes (') in it. It's an easy fix I have to look at when I get sometime off of school

ô¿~
Go to Top of Page

nwduffer
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2001 :  23:23:18  Show Profile
I was just coming back to say that I had backed out different punctuation, and it was the apostrophe. Should've guessed that one, but I was in a hurry when trying to implement it.

Thanks for the mod, it's great!

paul

Go to Top of Page

Intrepidone
Average Member

Canada
515 Posts

Posted - 25 February 2001 :  10:54:55  Show Profile
If anyone is not getting a Total URL Count beside the ex:"CategoryName (4)" , from all the subcategories in listings.asp, if the count is always ex:"CategoryName (0)" even though you do have URL's in the subcategories, edit these lines in listings.asp

approx Lines 83 and 123

sqlcount = "SELECT count(url) FROM link2 where parentid='" & rs("id") & "' and show=1"

change them to

sqlcount = "SELECT count(url) FROM link2 where parentid='" & rs("id") & "' and show=yes"

changing the 1 to a yes now gives me a Total URL Count of all URL's in that Categories subcategories.

Intrepidone

Go to Top of Page

frankie

Vatican City
304 Posts

Posted - 25 February 2001 :  18:41:43  Show Profile  Visit frankie's Homepage  Send frankie an AOL message  Send frankie an ICQ Message  Send frankie a Yahoo! Message
quote:

If anyone is not getting a Total URL Count beside the ex:"CategoryName (4)" , from all the subcategories in listings.asp, if the count is always ex:"CategoryName (0)" even though you do have URL's in the subcategories, edit these lines in listings.asp

approx Lines 83 and 123

sqlcount = "SELECT count(url) FROM link2 where parentid='" & rs("id") & "' and show=1"

change them to

sqlcount = "SELECT count(url) FROM link2 where parentid='" & rs("id") & "' and show=yes"

changing the 1 to a yes now gives me a Total URL Count of all URL's in that Categories subcategories.

Intrepidone

Intrpidone,

Thanks for your non-stop help. change all the 1's and 0's in the code to yes and no respectivly unless you're using sql server.

ô¿~
Go to Top of Page

Intrepidone
Average Member

Canada
515 Posts

Posted - 26 February 2001 :  19:21:32  Show Profile
Anytime frankie

Would you believe I am still trying to get it to work right with Netscape ...lol

I'll get it one of these days

Intrepidone
Go to Top of Page

Bob

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 02 March 2001 :  08:37:01  Show Profile  Visit Bob's Homepage
Never mind, I got it all fixed.

[I can not get this to work in Netscape. The showsub and showlink pages fail because the url that is passed to them is malformed for Netscape.

In IE the url that is passed is
showsub.asp?CatID=16&cat=Before%20The%20End

In Netscape it is passing like
showsub.asp?CatID=16&cat=Before The End

Netscape cannot recongnize spaces in a url.
I can take the IE url and paste it into Netscape and it will work.

How do I fix this replace the blank space with %20

Thanks to anyone who can help.]

Bob Smith
www.zooweb.com
http://www.imageworks.net/fp2000/forum/default.asp

Edited by - bob on 02 March 2001 12:48:15
Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 02 March 2001 :  15:39:02  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
quote:

gmcm ......

change this line

<option value="<%=rscat("ID")%>"><%= ChkString(rs("cat"), "display") %></option>

to this

<option value="<%=rscat("ID")%>"><%=rscat("cat")%></option>

I got the same error as you so I just replaced that line with my old backup copy
(Tested it with Netscape and it works)

frankie.....

After I ran into the problem I mentioned I changed the lines back to the original. It is soooo close to working with Netscape.

Personally I do not use Netscape, I really don't like it but when building websites I use IE 4 and Netscape 4 for compatibility testing. Last thing you need is a person complaining ....lol

I am sure we'll nail this puppy with it's Netscape problem

Intrepidone

Edited by - Intrepidone on 14 February 2001 18:55:18

FYI ONLY... and related to the above: I just downloaded this mod and I am in the middle of implementing it. The current "admin_listings_addnewsubcategories.asp" file has this:

<option value="<%=rscat("ID")%>"><%=rs("cat") %></option>

... of course this page has no rs recordset and when I found the quoted post above, it pointed me to the problem...

The fix:

<option value="<%=rscat("ID")%>"><%=rscat("cat") %></option>

BTW, nice Mod Frankie -- of great use thanks....

Cheers to all!

Rob

Go to Top of Page

frankie

Vatican City
304 Posts

Posted - 03 March 2001 :  13:39:44  Show Profile  Visit frankie's Homepage  Send frankie an AOL message  Send frankie an ICQ Message  Send frankie a Yahoo! Message
bob,

I'm sorry but I don't have a netscape browser to test against. try to replace the spaces with [b]&nsbs;{/b].

rob, Thank you

Go to Top of Page

Intrepidone
Average Member

Canada
515 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2001 :  08:50:32  Show Profile
Bob ...

What did you do for your fix with the Netscape problem?

I still have not figured it out

Thanks
Intrepidone
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07