New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

frankie

Vatican City
304 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2001 :  20:41:38  Show Profile  Visit frankie's Homepage  Send frankie an AOL message  Send frankie an ICQ Message  Send frankie a Yahoo! Message
Intrepidone,

yes I made that mistake updating the file. I was doing a global find and replace. I did fix the error in the original zip file though.

Thanks a punch for your concern and interest in this matter.

ô¿~
Go to Top of Page

Therion93

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 15 February 2001 :  00:15:17  Show Profile  Send Therion93 an ICQ Message
Frankie,

I'm stuck. I'd like the main Categories color to be different than the sub-categories color when looking at the initial listings page. How can I change it?

Therion93
Because Legends Never Die! - Kiss-Forever.Net
Mysteries & Magic - Mysteria Magicka
Go to Top of Page

gmcm
Starting Member

South Africa
34 Posts

Posted - 15 February 2001 :  16:10:01  Show Profile
Intrepidone

Your a genius - thank you man - works like a dream - thanks again

Go to Top of Page

gmcm
Starting Member

South Africa
34 Posts

Posted - 15 February 2001 :  16:35:44  Show Profile
Man did I speak to soon

When adding a new link - guess what !!

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression ''Nvidia's Homepage for TNT video cards', 'maddog@666th.com', '0', '')'.

/forums/addurl.asp, line 51

Go to Top of Page

gmcm
Starting Member

South Africa
34 Posts

Posted - 15 February 2001 :  16:35:52  Show Profile
Man did I speak to soon

When adding a new link - guess what !!

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression ''Nvidia's Homepage for TNT video cards', 'maddog@666th.com', '0', '')'.

/forums/addurl.asp, line 51

Go to Top of Page

gmcm
Starting Member

South Africa
34 Posts

Posted - 15 February 2001 :  16:40:51  Show Profile
OK - I guess it was the ' after the nvidia that caused the error, took that out and submitted fine, then approved OK, but i see the category total aint workin

Go to Top of Page

Intrepidone
Average Member

Canada
515 Posts

Posted - 15 February 2001 :  18:02:43  Show Profile
Hey gmcm ....

I am not the genius, frankie is with this great MOD.

I had the same error as you and just changed that string of text back to frankies original and since I noticed your error post, just gave you the answer

But just the sound of hearing someone say genius did stimulate my ego hehehe

Intrepidone
Go to Top of Page

frankie

Vatican City
304 Posts

Posted - 15 February 2001 :  21:22:08  Show Profile  Visit frankie's Homepage  Send frankie an AOL message  Send frankie an ICQ Message  Send frankie a Yahoo! Message
Guess what guys, if it wasn't for your concern and appreciation to this mod I won't be able to debug all the little things missing here and there. I salute your determination in making this work the way it was intended to be.

gmcm, This mod doesn't accept ['] characters in the keyword or description parts. I have to look into it sometime this week.

BTW, I'm currently working on a very sophisticated mod...wanna know now or what?. It's a complete snitz statistics anlaysis mod with tons of features and capabilities that everyone would love.

Thank you and god bless.

ô¿~
Go to Top of Page

gmcm
Starting Member

South Africa
34 Posts

Posted - 16 February 2001 :  13:21:25  Show Profile
Whoa Frankie

before you do another great mod.... is it possible to add some features to this lsitings mod?? I really love this one, and am about to replace my cgi Link Manager with this one of yours.......

I have 2 requests....:)

Is it possible to "smarten" up the front page as in the links.asp to have the Category in a table header cell and the subcats in table format also..... it looks kinda messy the way it is now....

and then how about sorting the categories?

Am I being a bit demanding now?????

Go to Top of Page

KXS

Canada
66 Posts

Posted - 16 February 2001 :  20:05:14  Show Profile  Send KXS an ICQ Message
quote:

Whoa Frankie

before you do another great mod.... is it possible to add some features to this lsitings mod?? I really love this one, and am about to replace my cgi Link Manager with this one of yours.......

I have 2 requests....:)

Is it possible to "smarten" up the front page as in the links.asp to have the Category in a table header cell and the subcats in table format also..... it looks kinda messy the way it is now....

and then how about sorting the categories?

Am I being a bit demanding now?????

What about picture/icon support in a table as well, wouldn't it be have on option to add a picture to next to each category...

------------------
"keeping it real"
Go to Top of Page

frankie

Vatican City
304 Posts

Posted - 16 February 2001 :  21:03:10  Show Profile  Visit frankie's Homepage  Send frankie an AOL message  Send frankie an ICQ Message  Send frankie a Yahoo! Message
Ok everyone,

All you've been asking for is just a matter of formatting and html coding...Nothing to do with the core of the mod and its functionality. I did some modifications to the listings.asp file to accomedate Therion93, gmcm and others requests. Please copy the contents of this file:http://www16.brinkster.com/studentwave/listings.txt and then save it as listings.asp to replace the original file of listings.asp. To change the colors of the subcat links, simply change the color values in the style tag at the top of the file.

Hoepfully, you'll like this and keep the feedback on coming, baby..

Note: the snitz complete stats_reports mod will be released tonight or early tommorow.

ô¿~

Edited by - frankie on 16 February 2001 21:16:34
Go to Top of Page

Intrepidone
Average Member

Canada
515 Posts

Posted - 19 February 2001 :  17:11:32  Show Profile
Any news on your newest MOD frankie?

No hurry, I'm just sitting at home doing nothing and running out of MODS to install on the forum.

Man ... I'm a Network Engineer/Systems Admin and I never thought I would get so involved in something like Snitz, but to me it's really amazing with what you can do with ASP

Hey, I even went and bought the SAMS Learn ASP in 21 days......lol

Intrepidone
Go to Top of Page

frankie

Vatican City
304 Posts

Posted - 19 February 2001 :  20:48:16  Show Profile  Visit frankie's Homepage  Send frankie an AOL message  Send frankie an ICQ Message  Send frankie a Yahoo! Message
Itrepidone,

It's already done but I have a little problem implementing some of my code in the mod's database setup file. Plus, it's exam week here at school (heavy material) .

The original code for that mod is not mine. I loved the way it's done, so I hacked it to work with snitz and made it easier to navigate thru, plus other things with the db.

I promise it'll be out in the next two days (if problem is fixed!)

ô¿~

Edited by - frankie on 19 February 2001 20:51:27
Go to Top of Page

GrayWolf
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 21 February 2001 :  11:44:32  Show Profile
Frankie,
it's perfect Mod and I've implemented it to my forum with no problems.
But when I checked your test forum at www.eastpasco.com I saw very nice Poll mod... How can I get the same one?
Wolf

Gray Wolf
Go to Top of Page

GrayWolf
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 21 February 2001 :  11:48:10  Show Profile
sorry, dbl...

Edited by - graywolf on 21 February 2001 11:52:36
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07