Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

gor
Retired Admin

Netherlands
5511 Posts

Posted - 13 February 2001 :  15:59:57  Show Profile  Visit gor's Homepage
Frankie,

You say the mod is MySql compatible, but on what version did you check that ?
I got these messages:

CREATE TABLE CAT(ID INT (11) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL auto_increment , CAT VARCHAR(255))
-2147467259 | [TCX][MyODBC]Incorrect table definition; There can only be one auto column and it must be defined as a key
CREATE TABLE SUBCAT(SUBCATID INT (11) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL auto_increment , SUBCATNAME VARCHAR(255), CATID VARCHAR(50))
-2147467259 | [TCX][MyODBC]Incorrect table definition; There can only be one auto column and it must be defined as a key
CREATE TABLE LINK2(ID INT (11) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL auto_increment , NAME VARCHAR(100), URL VARCHAR(255), KEYWORD MEMO, DESCRIPTION MEMO, EMAIL VARCHAR(100), POSTDATE VARCHAR(100), HIT INT DEFAULT 0, CATEGORY VARCHAR(50), PARENTID VARCHAR(50), SHOW BIT, BADLINK BIT)
-2147217911 | [TCX][MyODBC]You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'MEMO, DESCRIPTION MEMO, EMAIL VARCHAR(100), POSTDATE VARCHAR(100), HIT INT DEFAU' at line 1

Pierre
Go to Top of Page

frankie

Vatican City
304 Posts

Posted - 13 February 2001 :  17:03:21  Show Profile  Visit frankie's Homepage  Send frankie an AOL message  Send frankie an ICQ Message  Send frankie a Yahoo! Message
gor,

I'm Not sure what are the main difference between SQL and MySql when it comes to the data type definition. I think you need to change the MEMO type to TEXT and for the autonumber field it should be working fine the way spicified (don't know exactly why it's giving an error). I'll well check on that.

anotherwin95,

What's up with you and these errors, man. You're giving me a bad rep (LOL).

Try reinstalling the whole thing because I don't get the errors you get on my machine??!!

ô¿~
Go to Top of Page

gor
Retired Admin

Netherlands
5511 Posts

Posted - 13 February 2001 :  17:10:19  Show Profile  Visit gor's Homepage
quote:

gor,

I'm Not sure what are the main difference between SQL and MySql when it comes to the data type definition. I think you need to change the MEMO type to TEXT and for the autonumber field it should be working fine the way spicified (don't know exactly why it's giving an error). I'll well check on that.

The mod_dbsetup.asp might be an easy way to add setup for all the supported databases to your mod.
That page converts data-types and sql syntax for you and all you have to do is add the tables/fields you want to be created to a text-file that you supply with the mod.

Pierre
Go to Top of Page

frankie

Vatican City
304 Posts

Posted - 13 February 2001 :  17:18:15  Show Profile  Visit frankie's Homepage  Send frankie an AOL message  Send frankie an ICQ Message  Send frankie a Yahoo! Message
Thanks gor, I'll check that out

ô¿~
Go to Top of Page

Intrepidone
Average Member

Canada
515 Posts

Posted - 13 February 2001 :  21:01:47  Show Profile
Hey frankie

FYI in the file admin_listings_showlink.asp on line 84, this line

<a href="deleteurl.asp?id=<%=RS("ID")%>

should be changed to

<a href="admin_listings_deleteurl.asp?id=<%=RS("ID")%>">

to reflect the new changes for the admin functions that Davio did, also on line 209 of the same file

<a href="editurl.asp?id=<%=RS("ID")%>">

should be changed to

<a href="admin_listings_editurl.asp?id=<%=RS("ID")%>">

Thanks for the info for the Netscape fix. I'll see what I can do here, also I am going through ALL the files to refelect the looks of my website, if I find any more files need to be changed like above I'll post them here

Intrepidone
Go to Top of Page

frankie

Vatican City
304 Posts

Posted - 13 February 2001 :  23:38:41  Show Profile  Visit frankie's Homepage  Send frankie an AOL message  Send frankie an ICQ Message  Send frankie a Yahoo! Message
ATTENTION!!

I fixed all the files in this mod, updated the admin interface, added the ChkString function where needed on all files and much more little tweaking here and there! zip file is updated now!

Please redownload to reflect changes!

Thank you and god bless

ô¿~
Go to Top of Page

Intrepidone
Average Member

Canada
515 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2001 :  00:11:38  Show Profile
I thank you kindly sir !!

I went through ALL the files and those 2 errors I mentioned in the previous post were all I could find. I went through the whole Listings site about 10 times clicking on everything I could, adding, deleting, etc...and she comes up pretty clean now (besides a few typos ), but they are very easy for us to edit and fix by doing a search on that page with the typo

Have a good night frankie

Intrepidone
Go to Top of Page

frankie

Vatican City
304 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2001 :  01:09:01  Show Profile  Visit frankie's Homepage  Send frankie an AOL message  Send frankie an ICQ Message  Send frankie a Yahoo! Message
Intrepidone,

Thank you so much for your help and prompts.
Those 2 errors were already included in the last fix. Is it working now in NS?!!

ô¿~
Go to Top of Page

Intrepidone
Average Member

Canada
515 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2001 :  06:33:25  Show Profile
frankie,

It works in Netscape when you are on the main page, listings.asp

You can click on a Category in listings.asp and it now takes you to the showsub.asp page, but when you click on the SubCategory in the showsub.asp page, I come up with the error. (were 1/2 way there)

When you are in listings.asp and click on the SubCategory from there, it takes you to the showlink.asp page (so this all works fine now)

So I guess now it is only something in the showsub.asp page?

I am comparing the files right now to see if I can find the chkstring problem, but like I said, a piece of popcorn has more knowledge than me when it comes to ASP

Intrepidone
Go to Top of Page

fatwillie

Canada
79 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2001 :  07:44:47  Show Profile  Visit fatwillie's Homepage  Send fatwillie an ICQ Message
I still can't get any of it to work... I have tried everything...

Fatwillie's Forum
Go to Top of Page

Intrepidone
Average Member

Canada
515 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2001 :  07:55:43  Show Profile
fatwillie...
do you have a link on your site for it? I went there and could not find it. I'll take a peek

frankie ...

I almost have it. In showsub.asp I changed this line

<a href="showlink.asp?CatID=<%=rs("subcatid")%>&parentID=<%=cat%>&subname=<%= ChkString(rs("subcatname"), "urlpath") %>&parentname=<%=catname%>"><%= ChkString(rs("subcatname"), "display") %> </a>

to this

<a href="showlink.asp?CatID=<%=rs("subcatid")%>&subname=<%= ChkString(rs("subcatname"), "urlpath") %>"><%= ChkString(rs("subcatname"), "display") %> </a>

It WORKS ... lol, but then you know at the top left of the page where it shows your directory tree,(the yellow folders) I lost part of that.

Hey, maybe I will be as smart as that piece of popcorn after all

Still working on it

Intrepidone
Go to Top of Page

frankie

Vatican City
304 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2001 :  13:16:30  Show Profile  Visit frankie's Homepage  Send frankie an AOL message  Send frankie an ICQ Message  Send frankie a Yahoo! Message
Intrepidone,

You shouldn't done that because now you disconnected the subcategory from its main category and it's going to be a mess. I really don't have a netscape browser to test agianst. (anybody's help would be appreciated ).

fatwillie,

I don't know what's going on with you, man . Try reinstalling the whole mod and go from there .

ô¿~
Go to Top of Page

gmcm
Starting Member

South Africa
34 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2001 :  14:12:37  Show Profile
OK got this think working by convertting the DB to Access 2000 and then back again after the table creates.... all works fine - i deleted all subcats and cats and then added new cats

but when i try to add a subcat i get this in the drop down selection box

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'
Type mismatch: '[undefined]' /forums/admin_listings_addnewsubcat.asp, line 37

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

gmcm
Starting Member

South Africa
34 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2001 :  17:52:54  Show Profile
this is where the problem is coming in

<%
do while not rscat.eof
%>
<option value="<%=rscat("ID")%>"><%= ChkString(rs("cat"), "display") %></option>
<%
rscat.movenext
loop
rscat.close ' added
set rscat = nothing ' added
%>
</select>

Go to Top of Page

Intrepidone
Average Member

Canada
515 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2001 :  18:53:44  Show Profile
gmcm ......

change this line

<option value="<%=rscat("ID")%>"><%= ChkString(rs("cat"), "display") %></option>

to this

<option value="<%=rscat("ID")%>"><%=rscat("cat")%></option>

I got the same error as you so I just replaced that line with my old backup copy
(Tested it with Netscape and it works)

frankie.....

After I ran into the problem I mentioned I changed the lines back to the original. It is soooo close to working with Netscape.

Personally I do not use Netscape, I really don't like it but when building websites I use IE 4 and Netscape 4 for compatibility testing. Last thing you need is a person complaining ....lol

I am sure we'll nail this puppy with it's Netscape problem

Intrepidone

Edited by - Intrepidone on 14 February 2001 18:55:18
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07