Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

erikdlane
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 03 March 2001 :  16:25:13  Show Profile
I've been wanting to see this MOD and get the code. I've been trying the listed URLs with no success for the last few days. Anybody else know where I can see it and get the code? Thanks.

Erik

URLs I've tried:
demo: www.calvsa.net/snitz31sr4/events.asp
code: www.calvsa.net/snitz31sr4/eventsV2.zip

Erik Lane
--------
Ps. 112:4 "Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for the gracious and compassionate and righteous man."
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 03 March 2001 :  16:33:01  Show Profile
I put it up for download here: http://www1.domaindlx.com/dssdbs/files/eventsV2.zip
Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 03 March 2001 :  21:17:18  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
thanks richard, calvsa will be down until I can pay the host.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
Go to Top of Page

erikdlane
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 03 March 2001 :  21:40:42  Show Profile
Giddy Up! I just downloaded it and looking forward to implementing it. (try at least)

Thanks again.

Erik Lane
--------
Ps. 112:4 "Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for the gracious and compassionate and righteous man."
Go to Top of Page

snicker
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 04 March 2001 :  17:19:53  Show Profile
I keep getting the following error when trying to view an event by clicking on the event name. If I comment out this line and fill the variable with junk data, it works fine:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e21'

Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.

/events.asp, line 1239

Go to Top of Page

snicker
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 04 March 2001 :  18:00:39  Show Profile
well, I got the error fixed but I am not sure what the difference was. I took out line 1239 and replaced the call to that variable later on as rs("event_details") directly and it worked

Go to Top of Page

snicker
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - 04 March 2001 :  18:57:57  Show Profile
I take that back...still having problems with that same error. rs("event_details") has lots of errors

Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 04 March 2001 :  21:25:11  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
quote:

I keep getting the following error when trying to view an event by clicking on the event name. If I comment out this line and fill the variable with junk data, it works fine:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e21'

Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.

/events.asp, line 1239

It seems like your db connection does not like the sql statement for retrieving the event. Try using access 2000 connection string or using a dsnless one.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2001 :  06:49:34  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
Aznknight Did you ever find out what was causing the Cookie problem with this version in the Month View?
I still would like to use this Version 2, but I can't get everyone to delete thier cookies.

Thanks,
Rick

Test Site
www.eastpasco.com
Running on HuwR's SR4 release. Colors and Graphic scheme done by Richard Kinser.
Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2001 :  07:00:22  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
Rick,

only 2 incidents of this, reported by you and another user on here. I haven't seen that problem or my members haven't said anything about. I look at the cookie stuff and everything looks okay. Also when you reported the cookie problem I didn't get it when i went to your site either. Wierd...shrug I dunno.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2001 :  07:55:24  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
Ok.. Just posted it back on my test site... See if you can get it out of week mode. I can't

Test Site
www.eastpasco.com
Running on HuwR's SR4 release. Colors and Graphic scheme done by Richard Kinser.
Go to Top of Page

bjlt

1144 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2001 :  12:04:44  Show Profile
I like the idea of categories. It will be useful on an active site containing many categories/cover a wide range of contents.

I also think that a seperate buddy list need to be developed and then can be pulled to use in calendar, online status, PM, etc.

Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2001 :  13:23:20  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
quote:

Ok.. Just posted it back on my test site... See if you can get it out of week mode. I can't

Test Site
www.eastpasco.com

Hey rick, I have no problems, navigate around eastpasco's calendar. Switched views fine too. Also able to goto different months and dates and it's still cool.

Hey can you check to see if you're experience the problems for other sites implementation of this mod?

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2001 :  13:27:40  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
quote:

I like the idea of categories. It will be useful on an active site containing many categories/cover a wide range of contents.

I also think that a seperate buddy list need to be developed and then can be pulled to use in calendar, online status, PM, etc.

interesting ideas.

Man, my site's calendar has not even used enough to warrant categories or setting up some kind of location filter. I guess I'll give it time since site has only been out for a month. Forum is very active though

How would buddy list or private message connect to calendar? I guess the code can send a private message when a member is ask to be notified of an event.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2001 :  14:10:05  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
Everyone elses works fine.. hmmmm must be me My question is do I have to tell
all my members to delete thier cookies?

Rick

quote:

quote:

Test Site
www.eastpasco.com

Hey rick, I have no problems, navigate around eastpasco's calendar. Switched views fine too. Also able to goto different months and dates and it's still cool.

Hey can you check to see if you're experience the problems for other sites implementation of this mod?

- Alan
www.iamviet.com

Test Site
www.eastpasco.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07