New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2001 :  14:23:40  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
hmm, i don't know how to tell your users to delete their cookies. You might want to post that in the ASP code topic category so that your question is more noticeable.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
Go to Top of Page

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2001 :  14:53:37  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
I've asked around, but no reponse...

BTW.. Thanks for the Bookmark and Home Page mod.

Also how did you do the Yellow Pages on your site?

Rick

Test Site
www.eastpasco.com
Running on HuwR's SR4 release. Colors and Graphic scheme done by Richard Kinser.
Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2001 :  14:56:12  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
yellow pages was an app, my partner Tuan created.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
Go to Top of Page

chinh10

125 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2001 :  15:15:53  Show Profile
Hi there,
What I should do if I want to create another even calendar table (ex: event1.asp and event2.asp) so how can I setup the table . Could you show me how?
Thanks in advance
Go to Top of Page

bjlt

1144 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2001 :  22:28:59  Show Profile
quote:

interesting ideas.

Man, my site's calendar has not even used enough to warrant categories or setting up some kind of location filter. I guess I'll give it time since site has only been out for a month. Forum is very active though

How would buddy list or private message connect to calendar? I guess the code can send a private message when a member is ask to be notified of an event.

The only thing I can contribute to snitz forum is ideas. :-) I know nothing about asp coding.

My site (not up yet) will be community for a group of local people and act as a guide to the city as well.
Then I think I can use two copies of calendar. One for the community forum, where users can create
their own, the other one will be independent that admin create listing all the events in the (big) city. I guess it
will be easier to navigate to have categorises. May be we can set it up to have an selection to show selected
categorises only, or to show them in diferent colors. However, that's just an asumption and I wish I could
attract that much people.

On the buddy list issue. I don't know if the private calendar can only be seen by the creator or he can assign
a group of people (sorry haven't installed your nice mod as I just reinstalled the system) If not, I feel one may
want a group of people to
know his events, hence a buddy list will be useful. One can see the private events of his buddies if the creator
select so. For active user status, won't it slow down if you have thoughsands of people? I think a show online
buddies will ease the problem. it checks the online status only when a user select to show his online buddies.
In PM, make buddy the topmost target group selection and once one select it, all his buddies will be listed and he can
then further deselect some if he wants.

For PM with events, yeah, how about make it a reminder? One can subscribe to an event and select how advance
should he be reminded, by PM or/and by e-mail (here in the city we also have e-mail to pager/mobile phone message services)
once the reminder is sent, the record will be deleted. hmmm, I like the idea.

Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2001 :  02:52:18  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
whoa..that's alot of coding ...some more functionality to consider but I don't know when such ideas become concrete though.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2001 :  03:55:03  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
quote:

well, I got the error fixed but I am not sure what the difference was. I took out line 1239 and replaced the call to that variable later on as rs("event_details") directly and it worked

Snicker, this problem is caused by the ordering of fields in the select query make sure that event_details is the last field in all the queries

Go to Top of Page

Eire
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2001 :  21:06:18  Show Profile  Visit Eire's Homepage
I really like this events code. The only problem that really stops me from adding it to my site however is that there is no security other than being a member.

It would be nice to allow everyone to view the events but only have a group of events posters.

Go to Top of Page

traceyj66
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 16 March 2001 :  04:16:07  Show Profile  Send traceyj66 an ICQ Message
quote:

I really like this events code. The only problem that really stops me from adding it to my site however is that there is no security other than being a member.

It would be nice to allow everyone to view the events but only have a group of events posters.

am in exactly the same position! The events mod works perfectly for me, however I need to be able to restrict the adding of events to Admin only....can anyone help with this???? It would make it totally perfect for my needs! - and many thanks to all who have spent soooo much time creating this script for us - Cheers Tracey

Edited by - traceyj66 on 16 March 2001 04:19:48
Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 16 March 2001 :  05:06:18  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
Hi there,

This is be easily edited to be moderators or admin only.

Just change all the mlev >= 1 to mlev >= 3 if you want it moderators and admin
and if you want admin only, then set all the mlev >= 1 to mlev = 4. Hope this help.

In future, I should put this as variable on the top so that it's easier to change.

Cheers,

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
Go to Top of Page

frankie

Vatican City
304 Posts

Posted - 16 March 2001 :  22:04:45  Show Profile  Visit frankie's Homepage  Send frankie an AOL message  Send frankie an ICQ Message  Send frankie a Yahoo! Message
quote:

Rick,

only 2 incidents of this, reported by you and another user on here. I haven't seen that problem or my members haven't said anything about. I look at the cookie stuff and everything looks okay. Also when you reported the cookie problem I didn't get it when i went to your site either. Wierd...shrug I dunno.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com

I had the same problem with the cookies and had to reset all in order for the month view to work??!!!

Go to Top of Page

StockholmStudent

Sweden
329 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2001 :  04:38:41  Show Profile  Visit StockholmStudent's Homepage  Send StockholmStudent an ICQ Message
Okay. Here is the problem why I probably got some problems. I tried to make the first day a Monday. But without success, as you can see here above. Now I wonder if the creator of this mod could kindly tell me how to do that! Because it's very unusual that the week starts with the end of the week in a swedish callendar, why it would look very confuuuuusing......

I have one more request: I'd like the white little spaces, which you can ses at the place I have set up this calendar, http://www.websamba.com/forumet/htdocs/forum/events.asp, to go away. There are one of the each surrounding the big callendar on it's left and right hand side! Can you see them!?

I'd also like to know how to change the english date that is shown on top of the calendar, "March 2001", to swedish "mars 2001"!?
Please help me!

cheers
/CHEETAH

Edited by - Stockholmstudent on 17 March 2001 04:41:35
Go to Top of Page

StockholmStudent

Sweden
329 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2001 :  05:09:25  Show Profile  Visit StockholmStudent's Homepage  Send StockholmStudent an ICQ Message
Okay! I've fixed one of my requests, the date-format. For all swedes, change:;

if Request.Form("EVENT") <> "" then
Update_Event(Request.Form("EVENT"))
end if
dim strMonthName, datFirstDay, intFirstWeekday, intLastDay, intPrevMonth, intNextMonth, intPrevYear, intNextYear
dim LastMonthDate, NextMonthDate, intPrintDay, intLastMonth, dToday, dFirstDay, dLastDay, endrows, intLoopDay
dim bevents, i, sTitle
%>

to this:

if Request.Form("EVENT") <> "" then
Update_Event(Request.Form("EVENT"))
end if
Session.LCID=1053
dim strMonthName, datFirstDay, intFirstWeekday, intLastDay, intPrevMonth, intNextMonth, intPrevYear, intNextYear
dim LastMonthDate, NextMonthDate, intPrintDay, intLastMonth, dToday, dFirstDay, dLastDay, endrows, intLoopDay
dim bevents, i, sTitle
%>

PLEASE ANYONE! Please help me with my other requests!!!!!!!! :)

cheers
/CHEETAH
Go to Top of Page

StockholmStudent

Sweden
329 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2001 :  05:54:27  Show Profile  Visit StockholmStudent's Homepage  Send StockholmStudent an ICQ Message
I've got another problem after succesfully changing the date-format. When clicking on some of the events, the callendar adds 4 years and goes to the first of january of that year. So if I for example click on 1 of May 2001, it goes to 1 of January 2005 and tells me that there is no event!

Check it out for yourself at:

http://www.websamba.com/forumet/htdocs/forum/events.asp?MONTH=5&YEAR=2001&Go=Visa

Please! This is very anoying! So please help me!

cheers
/CHEETAH

Go to Top of Page

StockholmStudent

Sweden
329 Posts

Posted - 18 March 2001 :  17:44:47  Show Profile  Visit StockholmStudent's Homepage  Send StockholmStudent an ICQ Message
plz!? anyone!?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07