Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Dynamix

Germany
205 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2001 :  07:41:54  Show Profile
Very cool mod!!
But i´ve got two big problems and a question:
we using the uk-format in the forum and the first thing is, that i don´t know how to change the format in the event-mod, because i´m not very good in coding.
The second problem could be a bug; every time i put in a event and go to it with the month-view, there is an error appearing that there is no event and the date is going to the year 1899. Could that be a problem cause of the uk-date-format?

My question is:
is it possible to show automatically all birthday dates of the forum-members?

Edited by - Dynamix on 23 February 2001 07:42:56
Go to Top of Page

work mule

USA
1358 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2001 :  10:52:40  Show Profile
Very, very cool mod! I showed this to a bunch of people and they were very impressed!

One adjustment you may want to make:

At line 977 - the top part of the big calendar - the colums of the first row are set to 10 - 80 (colspan 5) - 10. The table consists of 7 columns at 14 wide. When spanning 5 columns (14%/column), the width should be 70, not 80. The outer two columns of the first row should be 14.

Another minor note is that 7 x 14 = 98. This leaves 2 left over. You could make the outer columns (Sat & Sun) both 15, thus making your table 100%.

Making any change in <td> widths would probably warrant a change to the two functions Write_TD2, Write_TD3. They both set the following attributes for each <td> tag: WIDTH='14%' ALIGN='left' VALIGN='top'. The width attribute could be deleted, the width is set by rows at the top. Subsequent rows have their width set by the preceding rows. Also, the align attribute could be omitted, left is default. The valign attribute if set in the <tr> tag would set all the <td> in that row to the same valign attribute. Of course <td> attributes override the values set by the <tr> tag. (And at some point this is all for naught as the align and valign attributes will be deprecated due to CSS.)

Go to Top of Page

caser85
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2001 :  11:28:44  Show Profile
Thanks for your help guys! I stopped doubting myself and just added the table with the fields. It works great! THanks again.

Casey

PS Aznight, is there any way you can tell me about the photo album?

Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2001 :  13:39:52  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
dynamix:the errors are related to the international date format. There are posts out there pointing the direction to fix this. In the Next version, universal dates would be the biggest concern, but I don't know when that will be as i'm involved in several other projects.

work-mule: Thanks! Your input is highly appreciated. I leave a note to remember doing the layout fixes you suggest when i do next version.

casey: right on, you got it to work for you now too .

- Alan
www.iamviet.com

Edited by - aznknight on 23 February 2001 13:40:47
Go to Top of Page

caser85
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2001 :  13:56:49  Show Profile
Thanks Aznight! Any word on the photo gallery? You're killing me here! PLeeeeeaaaaasssseeeeeeee help me. Any advice. Any advice at all.

Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2001 :  14:22:20  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
sorry caser,

woops i missed the PS statement in your post..also I read the email you sent me but didn't get a chance to reply. I'll just reply here.

Photo gallery was developed by a fellow co-worker and given to me for use on my www.calvsa.net site. As with most code I get, I tweak/mod/hack it to my needs...however, I cannot release this code as it was given to my to use exclusive for my site. sorry casey.

I can somewhat describe the dbsetup and stuff but that would be pointless because the guts of it is in the asp code itself.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
Go to Top of Page

Dynamix

Germany
205 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2001 :  15:00:24  Show Profile
quote:

dynamix:the errors are related to the international date format. There are posts out there pointing the direction to fix this. In the Next version, universal dates would be the biggest concern, but I don't know when that will be as i'm involved in several other projects.

Thanx!
But does anybody know where to find the right postings. I´ve been searching the whole forum twice, but i found nothing.

And what´s about a fix for that mod to include all forum-member-birthdays from their profile?

Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2001 :  16:56:58  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
dynamix: look for them in this thread or in the mod implementation section about dates.

regarding birthdays in events, this is possible with some coding. There's no "quick" way to go about it though.

I think snitz lets users enter their age instead of their birthday. I think that the latter method would be better, where age is determined by date of birth. If it was like that then added code to the events calendar to display user's birthday's would not be as hard.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
Go to Top of Page

Dynamix

Germany
205 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2001 :  23:17:59  Show Profile
Ok. I´ve got that thing with the UK-Dates. Thanx!

Has anybode done this with the birthday for the forum before?

Go to Top of Page

caser85
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 24 February 2001 :  00:09:37  Show Profile
That's ok Alan. I understand. Thanks for helping me with getting the calendar going!

Casey

Go to Top of Page

antor
Starting Member

Switzerland
9 Posts

Posted - 25 February 2001 :  19:25:53  Show Profile
Hi Alan
Thanx for this great addition to SnitzForums
While converting the events.asp to German,
I found a few errors and post here my corrections

checkbox not checked in edit mode for private event:

add: , iEvent_Private
to : dim sStart_Date, sEnd_Date, sEvent_title, sEvent_Details
repl: <% if intPrivateEvent = 1 then response.write "checked" %>>
with: <% =Chked(iEvent_Private) %>

wrong date in Write_TD2:

repl: <A HREF=" & sScript & "?date="& Server.URLEncode(dToday) & ">"
with: <A HREF=" & sScript & "?date="& Server.URLEncode(dDate) & ">"

shorten the GetLastDay function to:

Function GetLastDay(intMonthNum, intYearNum)
GetLastDay = Day(DateSerial(intYearNum,intMonthNum+1, 0))
End Function

all backrounds with <% =strCategoryCellColor %>
should have the font color <% =strCategoryFontColor%>
and not <% =strHeadFontColor%>

Thanx
-antor-

Go to Top of Page

tteal

USA
438 Posts

Posted - 26 February 2001 :  09:57:09  Show Profile  Visit tteal's Homepage  Send tteal an AOL message  Send tteal an ICQ Message
Aznknight,
What are the chances of "categories" added to this? I have some code already written, it would just need to be integrated in. Lemme know if interested ok?

Tks,
Tim

Cheers,
Tim

http://www.free-guestbook.com
Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 26 February 2001 :  18:37:17  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
quote:

Aznknight,
What are the chances of "categories" added to this? I have some code already written, it would just need to be integrated in. Lemme know if interested ok?

Tks,
Tim

Cheers,
Tim

tim, woops I think you had your windows opened messed up . By adding categories I presume you're talking about the classified ads mod. I'll reply to this there and keep this for events mod related hehe.

http://forum.snitz.com/forum/link.asp?TOPIC_ID=4207

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
Go to Top of Page

tteal

USA
438 Posts

Posted - 26 February 2001 :  19:08:16  Show Profile  Visit tteal's Homepage  Send tteal an AOL message  Send tteal an ICQ Message
Aznknight,
I had it right.. categories to the Calendar I meant. Another words, user 'xx' is associated with a Category (i.e. Team1) and can only see items in Category '#' and his/her own private.

- Tim

Cheers,
Tim

Go to Top of Page

pk_zone

Canada
69 Posts

Posted - 28 February 2001 :  18:13:39  Show Profile  Send pk_zone an ICQ Message
Nice mod.

I noticed the "Recent Events" field gets kind of large after a while. Maybe an idea is to expire the event after x days so it is automagically removed from the Recent Events field....

ideas, comments...

Cheers!

PK

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07