New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 26 February 2001 :  18:36:34  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
mot, Were you able to set up the classifieds table?

If you're still having trouble, goto class_dbsetup.asp page and remove the check for access and the code that goes with it. and try that.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 26 February 2001 :  18:38:47  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
quote:

Aznknight,
What are the chances of "categories" added to this? I have some code already written, it would just need to be integrated in. Lemme know if interested ok?

Tks,
Tim

Cheers,
Tim

http://www.free-guestbook.com

adding categories to this was downgraded to low priority for me. As this app haven't really caught on in my site enough to warrant subcategories.

I'm interested in your code, but just not at this point .

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
Go to Top of Page

Ken73
Starting Member

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 27 February 2001 :  12:27:28  Show Profile  Visit Ken73's Homepage
Azknight, I downloaded the code and I tried to run the setup. I got the same error that Mot is getting. (The "MEMO" datatype is invalid.) I'm running SQL2000, also.

I tried yanking the check for Access like you mentioned above, but with no luck.

However, the "memo" datatype gave me a clue, and I changed "memo" to "varchar(xxx)" instead on the two fields. It created the table just fine (although I don't know if it's really the proper datatype for those two fields!?) I used 100 for the category description and 400 for the actual ad description.

Now, I'm able to open up the ad section and even place an ad; however, when I click on the ad detail link, it dies. The error is:

ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cc1'

Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.

/classDetail.asp, line 71

I'm looking through it now to see if I can figure out what it is... any help is appreciated!

Ken
Go to Top of Page

tilttek

Canada
333 Posts

Posted - 27 February 2001 :  14:13:46  Show Profile  Visit tilttek's Homepage
quote:

Azknight, I downloaded the code and I tried to run the setup. I got the same error that Mot is getting. (The "MEMO" datatype is invalid.) I'm running SQL2000, also.

Ken,
Memo = Text is SQL Server

Philippe Gamache
http://www.tilttek.com
http://www.lapageamelkor.com
Go to Top of Page

BogieMan

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 02 March 2001 :  19:13:48  Show Profile  Visit BogieMan's Homepage
anyone have this zip? the link on the front is dead

Go to Top of Page

ukpbz
Starting Member

47 Posts

Posted - 03 March 2001 :  17:19:40  Show Profile  Visit ukpbz's Homepage  Send ukpbz an AOL message
I wouldn't mind the zip too. The link is still dead

Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 03 March 2001 :  21:01:40  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
here ya go this is current, i only installed on mine last week.
http://195.149.32.155/snitzmods/classifieds.zip

Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 03 March 2001 :  21:15:36  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
thanks huwr,

sorry you guys, I haven't recieved money to pay my host for calvsa's server so that site is down.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
Go to Top of Page

ctsolutions

Germany
69 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2001 :  04:29:56  Show Profile  Visit ctsolutions's Homepage  Send ctsolutions an ICQ Message
@BogieMan

what zip are you looking for ?

I have made classifieds to running with SQL 2000 but is a little Workshop.I hoppe that tomorow I will able to postit here.

Snitz Forum 2000 Test Site - Access2000-
http://itc.dynip.com/itcenter
Running on HuwR's SR4 release. Colors and Graphic scheme done by Richard Kinser.

Edited by - ctsolutions on 06 March 2001 04:33:16
Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2001 :  06:57:50  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
the classifieds doesn't run with sql server 2000? no way! i built it for my site which is sql 2000, also tested it on access and sql 7 too

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
Go to Top of Page

mot

United Kingdom
70 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2001 :  14:56:09  Show Profile  Visit mot's Homepage
I am using SQL7
I can insert a classified ad, but get this error when trying to view it.

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '='.

/forum/inc_functions.asp, line 1142

Any one else getting this problem

Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2001 :  14:59:12  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
hey mot, can yuo provide a link so i can check it out?

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
Go to Top of Page

mot

United Kingdom
70 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2001 :  15:39:00  Show Profile  Visit mot's Homepage
quote:

hey mot, can yuo provide a link so i can check it out?

- Alan
www.iamviet.com

http://ukreptiles.com/forum/classifieds.asp

Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2001 :  15:59:03  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
mot,

it seems like the contact person member id was not added right. Hmm, don't know why for your case. Try downloading it again and re-installing. Drop the forum_events table and re-create it.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
Go to Top of Page

mot

United Kingdom
70 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2001 :  17:21:23  Show Profile  Visit mot's Homepage
I can't quite fathom what the FORUM_EVENTS table has to do with the classifieds but I have done as you asked, I also deleted the ADS_CONTENT table and the ADS_CONTENT table, reinstaled but stil have the same problem. Could it have anything to do with me renaming MEMO to TEXT in classifieds_setup.asp

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07