Guestbook Addon (Version 3.0)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Da_Stimulator
DEV Team Forum Moderator

USA
3373 Posts

Posted - 24 March 2001 :  21:49:20  Show Profile  Send Da_Stimulator an AOL message  Send Da_Stimulator a Yahoo! Message
Name: Guestbook Version 3
Author: Da_Stimulator
Download: Download Here
Support: Here or the Mod Implementation forum
Install: Download and extract to your forum folder, Details Below

If upgrading from Version 1 - run mod_dbsetup.asp from your browser, and select 'GuestBook Addon (Update)' from the drop down menu, and click Update. Everything should be fine, you can administer and change the welcome message using the link provided, as long as you are logged in as the administrator.

If upgrading from Version 2 - run mod_dbsetup.asp from your browser, and select 'GuestBook Addon (Update V2 - V3)' from the drop down menu, and click Update. Everything should be fine, you can administer and change the welcome message using the link provided, as long as you are logged in as the administrator.

If you are installing for the first time - run mod_dbsetup.asp from your browser, and select 'GuestBook Addon' from the drop down menu, and click Update. Everything should be fine, you can administer and change the welcome message using the link provided, as long as you are logged in as the administrator.

New Features
  • Again, another security fix in the admin section of it

• Added customizable welcome message

• Facelift

• In previous versions, any moderator could see the links to edit/delete etc..., this has been changed to administrators only

• Added 'top' Links

----------------
Da_Stimulator
Need a Mod?
My Snitz Test Center

Edited by - da_stimulator on 24 March 2001 21:53:56

Edited by - da_stimulator on 26 March 2001 09:54:31

festerhead
Starting Member

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 24 March 2001 :  23:03:10  Show Profile  Visit festerhead's Homepage
Very easy to install. Thanks Da_Stimulator for another great guestbook version (I think I was using version 2 before).

All I needed to do was put a <%=strImageURL %> in front of all the image source names so they could show up.

I also made the guestbook link available (along with register) for those not logged into the forum.

Go to Top of Page

Da_Stimulator
DEV Team Forum Moderator

USA
3373 Posts

Posted - 24 March 2001 :  23:08:14  Show Profile  Send Da_Stimulator an AOL message  Send Da_Stimulator a Yahoo! Message
You needed to add the image url thing cuz your using Huwrs forum arent you?

Guestbook link should be added with the rest along with 'home | profile | register... etc...'

----------------
Da_Stimulator
Need a Mod?
My Snitz Test Center
Go to Top of Page

festerhead
Starting Member

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 24 March 2001 :  23:58:53  Show Profile  Visit festerhead's Homepage
Indeed. Running on HuwR's SR4 release. Colors and Graphic scheme done by Richard Kinser from rick7165 at http://www.eastpasco.com

I've done some modifications to get it to my liking but all the credit goes to you guys.

Go to Top of Page

b4y
Starting Member

Switzerland
2 Posts

Posted - 25 March 2001 :  14:45:34  Show Profile  Visit b4y's Homepage
Hi,

I have got the following errors:

GuestBook Addon

Creating table(s)...
CREATE TABLE FORUM_GUESTBOOK( G_ID int IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL , G_NAME VARCHAR (50) NOT NULL , G_EMAIL VARCHAR (100) NOT NULL , G_WEBSITE VARCHAR (100) NULL , G_ICQ VARCHAR (30) NULL , G_MESSAGE memo NOT NULL , G_DATE VARCHAR (50) NOT NULL , G_VARFIELD1 VARCHAR (100) NULL , G_VARFIELD2 VARCHAR (100) NULL , G_VARFIELD3 VARCHAR (100) NULL )
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntaxfehler in CREATE TABLE-Anweisung.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Creating table(s)...
CREATE TABLE FORUM_GB_OPTIONS( G_ID int IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL , G_VARFIELD1 VARCHAR (100) NULL , G_VARFIELD2 VARCHAR (100) NULL , G_VARFIELD3 VARCHAR (100) NULL , G_V1_SWITCH INT NOT NULL , G_V2_SWITCH INT NOT NULL , G_V3_SWITCH INT NOT NULL )
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntaxfehler in CREATE TABLE-Anweisung.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adding new records..
INSERT INTO FORUM_GB_OPTIONS (G_V1_SWITCH, G_V2_SWITCH, G_V3_SWITCH, G_VARFIELD1, G_VARFIELD2, G_VARFIELD3) VALUES (0, 0, 0, 'ab', 'ab', 'ab')
-2147217865 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Ausgabetabelle 'FORUM_GB_OPTIONS' nicht gefunden.

Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_GB_OPTIONS ADD COLUMN G_MESSAGE memo NOT NULL DEFAULT 'Welcome to my Guestbook'
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntaxfehler in ALTER TABLE-Anweisung.
Table(s) updated

---------------------------------------------
Thanks for your advice

Go to Top of Page

Da_Stimulator
DEV Team Forum Moderator

USA
3373 Posts

Posted - 26 March 2001 :  09:19:27  Show Profile  Send Da_Stimulator an AOL message  Send Da_Stimulator a Yahoo! Message
Try using the Jet 4.0 connection string in config.asp

----------------
Da_Stimulator
Need a Mod?
My Snitz Test Center
Go to Top of Page

Oudie

Taiwan
70 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2001 :  03:51:00  Show Profile  Visit Oudie's Homepage  Send Oudie an ICQ Message
Could you add new function?
1.Reply
2.Display photo in left
Thank you....

¤d¨½¬î¤ô¤@Àþ¶¡,
¤Ñ¦a¿W§Ú¼Ö¯«¥P;
²ö°Ý¬õ¹Ð·Ð´o¨Æ,
³p»»¨«¹M¤Ñ¥~¤Ñ...
Go to Top of Page

Da_Stimulator
DEV Team Forum Moderator

USA
3373 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2001 :  12:12:34  Show Profile  Send Da_Stimulator an AOL message  Send Da_Stimulator a Yahoo! Message
If I added a reply, what would be the point? It would be just another forum.

As for the photo, No. Not all of the people who sign it are going to be registered, which means it wouldnt be able to get the photo, if they dont exist.

----------------
Da_Stimulator
Need a Mod?
My Snitz Test Center
Go to Top of Page

Oudie

Taiwan
70 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2001 :  02:02:33  Show Profile  Visit Oudie's Homepage  Send Oudie an ICQ Message
http://www.stormwhispers.com/snitz_testing target= _blank http://www.stormwhispers.com/snitz_testing /a My Snitz Test Center" target="_blank"> BLOCKQUOTE id=quote font size=1 face= Verdana, Arial, Helvetica id=quote quote: hr height=1 noshade id=quote br / If I added a reply, what would be the point? It would be just another forum. br / br / As for the photo, No. Not all of the people who sign it are going to be registered, which means it wouldnt be able to get the photo, if they dont exist. br / br / center ---------------- br / font color=red Da_Stimulator /font id=red br / a href= link.asp?FORUM_ID=25 target= _blank Need a Mod? /a br / a href= http://www.stormwhispers.com/snitz_testing target= _blank http://www.stormwhispers.com/snitz_testing /a My Snitz Test Center

About reply:I mean someone just reponse this message, then he(she) can reply in the same table. Otherwise maybe A left amessage to B, but maybe there are many other message between it. If the guestbook has reply, they can easy to understand what talk about and not need to find previous message.
About photo:There have a demo.http://203.64.96.180/fu/forumtest/guestbook.asp. I think it could be more beautyful and vivid. It can give people different feeling. Sure, if you can make a function that the admin can chose open or close.
Thank you... and please forgive me, if my english isn't good.....

¤d¨½¬î¤ô¤@Àþ¶¡,
¤Ñ¦a¿W§Ú¼Ö¯«¥P;
²ö°Ý¬õ¹Ð·Ð´o¨Æ,
³p»»¨«¹M¤Ñ¥~¤Ñ...
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 03 April 2001 :  18:43:59  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
Code now added to completed mods forum, please post any questions in the MOD:Implementation forum.

Thankyou

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07