New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2001 :  17:28:53  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
woops I meant tables related to the classified ads...that's what i get for trying to do so many things at once .

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
Go to Top of Page

mot

United Kingdom
70 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2001 :  17:52:55  Show Profile  Visit mot's Homepage
This is such a cool mod and I would love to get it going has any one else had either of these problems and found a solution
First error
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '='.

/forum/inc_functions.asp, line 1142

Second error
ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cc1'

Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.

/forum/classDetail.asp, line 71

Go to Top of Page

cyberd
Starting Member

Australia
34 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2001 :  09:22:01  Show Profile  Visit cyberd's Homepage
I am Getting a similar error. Line 642 though. However they both seem to refer to the getMemberID function.

This is the message i'm getting when adding a post.
---------------------------------------
Post Ad Under Antiques
Items marked with "*" must be filled in!

ADODB.Field error '800a0bcd'

Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.

/forum/inc_functions.asp, line 642
--------------------------------------

I thought it may have something to do with my site set for non cookie mode. Still Unsure. Then maybe because the Detail table was empty, but when I added an Item, it came with more errors when displaying, as described in the above post.

ANy suggestions anyone!

Edited by - cyberd on 09 March 2001 09:36:20
Go to Top of Page

BogieMan

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2001 :  09:51:23  Show Profile  Visit BogieMan's Homepage
quote:

@BogieMan

what zip are you looking for ?

I have made classifieds to running with SQL 2000 but is a little Workshop.I hoppe that tomorow I will able to postit here.

Snitz Forum 2000 Test Site - Access2000-
http://itc.dynip.com/itcenter
Running on HuwR's SR4 release. Colors and Graphic scheme done by Richard Kinser.

Edited by - ctsolutions on 06 March 2001 04:33:16

I have the MOD installed (classifieds) but getting the same error:

http://63.219.181.104/board/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=
My erro message is a link and above is the url to the link and here is the error msg

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '='.

/board/inc_functions.asp, line 1140

Go to Top of Page

Ken73
Starting Member

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2001 :  19:06:51  Show Profile  Visit Ken73's Homepage
I'm getting the same two errors Mot is getting. What's weird is I had this working about a week ago with only one of the errors, and I overwrote the old ZIP with the new one, so it's gone.

The first error (same as what Mot gets) is right after the "Contact:" line (appearing when you open the page up.)

The second error was the one I had previously; you went to click on the ad and it gave you that error instead of giving you the details of the ad itself.

Still, all in all, a very cool mod. I'm trying to poke around in there with my limited ASP knowledge and limited SQL knowledge to see if I can find anything wrong, but I really can't.

Ken
Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 10 March 2001 :  00:18:24  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
hmm i haven't updated the zip to this mod in a month now. wonder why this bug is coming up for you guys. Guess I should re-release this mod with the updated layout that I've worked on. Look for this in near feature.

PS I might want to use mod_dbsetup.asp too, where can i get the latest? or should i just use the one that comes with avatars mod?

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
Go to Top of Page

Tyler M.

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 11 March 2001 :  01:44:16  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

hey mot, can yuo provide a link so i can check it out?

- Alan
www.iamviet.com

http://ukreptiles.com/forum/classifieds.asp

Thanks!

Great board. How did you get the private message thing? as well as the who is online? Thanks

I have standard 3.1 SR4

Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 11 March 2001 :  02:34:10  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
both are mods to the forum that you can find in this MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code). Private Messages and Who's Online are two great Mods

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 11 March 2001 :  03:28:30  Show Profile
Alan, the one I included in the Avatar Mod is the latest.

Here is the topic on the structure of the .dbs files:

http://forum.snitz.com/forum/link.asp?TOPIC_ID=5120
Go to Top of Page

ctsolutions

Germany
69 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2001 :  05:21:59  Show Profile  Visit ctsolutions's Homepage  Send ctsolutions an ICQ Message
Hi,

for all that running classifieds under SQL Server, here is a update. But a good working depends if your database is OK.
Here you are:

http://www.ctsolutions.org/webmaster/snitz/classifiedUpdate.zip.

Just overwrite in your directory.

Snitz Forum 2000 Test Site = Access 2000 =
http://itc.dynip.com/itcenter
Running on HuwR's SR4 release. Colors and Graphic scheme done by Richard Kinser.

Edited by - ctsolutions on 12 March 2001 05:23:25
Go to Top of Page

Ken73
Starting Member

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2001 :  13:25:59  Show Profile  Visit Ken73's Homepage
CTsolutions, thank you! I had several errors but I think you fixed the hard ones and I was able to fix the rest! Here is what I did:

First, the classifieds_setup.asp had the "memo" vs. "text" issue under SQL. (Thanks tilttek!) I changed it to "text" so it would run for SQL. Then, somehow the "description" field got left out for the ADS_CATEGORY table. (??) I added that back in (hopefully I did it right, I didn't get a chance to test that part since I just manually added it with SQL Admin.)

Second, the classviewads.asp didn't like having the description as the sort order, so I just changed that to ID instead. (I think one other file had this issue, can't remember which.)

Third, I changed the pound sign back into a dollar sign.

Anyway, I made these changes and uploaded them to my server. Feel free to download them and nitpick or use; it seems to work well for SQL 2000 (what I'm running.)

http://www.ken73.homeip.net/ken/snitz/class.zip

It works for me.. hopefully it will work for you as well.

Ken
Go to Top of Page

Lucky

USA
127 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2001 :  10:29:06  Show Profile  Visit Lucky's Homepage  Send Lucky an AOL message
Aznknight, this looks way cool, thanks for putting it together.
Hadn't seen you post since people said they were having problems, have you been able to update the code with the new stuff you mentioned?
Also, is this expected to go to the completed mods section?

Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2001 :  15:04:06  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
Lucky, thanks for the input

It turned out that things became busier for me than I first thought, so I didn't have time to focus on this MOD.

I'll try to fit this in within next two weeks.

Cheers,

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
Go to Top of Page

cyberd
Starting Member

Australia
34 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2001 :  00:32:06  Show Profile  Visit cyberd's Homepage
I downloaded your updated classifieds sample, even reloaded the tables to the server using your setup.

But the same error message appears when trying to add an item.
I am running SQL7, but I don't think that will be an issue.

If anyone is curious, here is the link.

Classifiedshttp://www.cyberd.nq.nu/forum/classifieds.asp
Errorhttp://www.cyberd.nq.nu/forum/classPlaceAd.asp?catID=1

Go to Top of Page

thewarrior
Starting Member

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 19 March 2001 :  03:44:03  Show Profile  Visit thewarrior's Homepage  Send thewarrior an AOL message
Aznknight,

Great MOD, but I was wondering if you had plans to add some better admin functions, like allowing admins/moderators to remove or edit ads without deleting an entire category, or changing time limits, or modifying the db directly... I like it so far, but I think there are a few things that could be done to make this one a graduate to the "Approved MODS Forum...". Just some ideas...

Thanks!

Todd Martin
Jack-of-all-trades...
Master-of-none...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07