Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

OneWayMule
Dev. Team Member & Support Moderator

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 14 January 2003 :  12:59:48  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
Yeah, should be quite easy... just come back to me about this (I'm sure I'll forget it ) when the new version's out and I'll let you know how to do this.

My MODs:
Birthdays - Custom Policy - F.A.Q. Administration - Forum Rules - Guestbook
Links Manager - MyOwnGoogle - Profile Views - Search Log - WebSearch

Useful stuff:
Forum and MOD Installation - MOD Installation Guide - Snitz v3.4.05 Readme - Free ASP Hosts - Support Snitz
Go to Top of Page

VodkaFish
Average Member

USA
654 Posts

Posted - 14 January 2003 :  13:00:36  Show Profile  Send VodkaFish an AOL message  Send VodkaFish an ICQ Message  Send VodkaFish a Yahoo! Message
My suggestion:
Let ratings and comments be editable/updatable. Websites change and so do opinions.

stwilson - with some table prefix changes, you would be able to run multiple instances of this. It would require some programming on your part though, I don't think it'll be able to do this "out of the box".

v ø d k â f ï § h
Go to Top of Page

Ez4arab

479 Posts

Posted - 14 January 2003 :  14:16:25  Show Profile  Visit Ez4arab's Homepage
Do you allow use forum code in description field?

Ez4arab web site Ez4arab |
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 14 January 2003 :  14:25:25  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
quote:
Let ratings and comments be editable/updatable. Websites change and so do opinions.
Ratings/Comments are editable/updatable once everytime the link itself has been updated.

quote:
Do you allow use forum code in description field?
Yes. Though the input form is kept simple, just like the Quick Reply box.

My MODs:

Useful stuff:
Forum and MOD Installation - MOD Installation Guide - Snitz v3.4.05 Readme - Free ASP Hosts - Support Snitz
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 14 January 2003 :  18:50:20  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
OK, I have now the following details for links built in:

From LM 2:
- Title
- URL
- Email
- Description
- Keywords
- Banner URL

New Ones:
- Name (Submitter)
- Street1
- Street2
- City
- Zip Code
- State/Country
- Phone

You can turn on/off if they're shown/required, except Title (always required).
If anyone has some details which could be important and I could add, let me know.
Thanks.

My MODs:

Useful stuff:
Go to Top of Page

Neil Washbrook

57 Posts

Posted - 16 January 2003 :  05:31:43  Show Profile  Visit Neil Washbrook's Homepage
The main requirement for me would be able to have categories and sub categories. This I assume could also be used as a download manager? So the ability to upload a file/files would be benificial. Can the description include HTML - ie putting in thumbnail pictures - again very useful for a download manager. Not that I want to hijack a good links manager and turn it into a download manager or anything :-)

Neil
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 16 January 2003 :  05:43:13  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
You can use the Links Manager as a "Download Manager" of course, but I won't include any upload features;

I've already written a MOD called FileCenter.
I never released it mainly because it was for uploading by Admins only and didn't check for any security risks and all that stuff (so you had to be careful what you enter).
I might work on it again if anyone's interested.

BTW - you can use Forum Code in the description (that means you can post images ).

My MODs:

Useful stuff:
Go to Top of Page

Neil Washbrook

57 Posts

Posted - 16 January 2003 :  07:06:14  Show Profile  Visit Neil Washbrook's Homepage
Excellent news about the description - how about the categories/sub catagories - can live without the upload feature as it can be done elsewhere. Is there a method of admins/nominated users approving the links before they are published? One final question - when :-)
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 16 January 2003 :  07:38:11  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
Links can be approved by admins (and moderators if enabled), users can edit the links they submitted; the edited link has to be approved then again.

When?
I'm still tweaking and testing, but the MOD seems quite stable and looks the way I wanted it. The beta should be out in a few days.

My MODs:

Useful stuff:
Go to Top of Page

Neil Washbrook

57 Posts

Posted - 16 January 2003 :  08:42:00  Show Profile  Visit Neil Washbrook's Homepage
Well you know someone that is willing to test it for you
Go to Top of Page

PeeWee.Inc

United Kingdom
1893 Posts

Posted - 16 January 2003 :  08:45:09  Show Profile  Visit PeeWee.Inc's Homepage
I wanna test it

De Priofundus Calmo Ad Te Damine
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 16 January 2003 :  14:42:25  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
Neil & PeeWee.Inc,

please email me (via my profile) so I can send you the beta as soon as it's done.

My MODs:

Useful stuff:
Go to Top of Page

tribaliztic

Sweden
1532 Posts

Posted - 20 January 2003 :  03:17:03  Show Profile  Visit tribaliztic's Homepage  Send tribaliztic an ICQ Message
I could test it too if there is any need.. I want to have a link manager on my forum but the one's I tested don't work..
I use Serverhackers code and MySQL db.

/Tribaliztic
- www.gotlandrace.se -
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 20 January 2003 :  05:32:42  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
ok, just send me your email address!
Thanks.

My MODs:

Useful stuff:
Go to Top of Page

tribaliztic

Sweden
1532 Posts

Posted - 25 January 2003 :  09:38:54  Show Profile  Visit tribaliztic's Homepage  Send tribaliztic an ICQ Message
Mail sent! =) Looking forward to testing this.. =)

/Tribaliztic
- www.gotlandrace.se -
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07