AdminLevel MOD for Snitz 3.4.03
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

David K

494 Posts

Posted - 24 December 2002 :  15:27:55  Show Profile  Send David K an AOL message  Send David K an ICQ Message  Send David K a Yahoo! Message
Updated to V1.2, bugfix in DBS file
Go to Top of Page

MarkJH

United Kingdom
1722 Posts

Posted - 29 December 2002 :  09:22:34  Show Profile  Visit MarkJH's Homepage
Can we just run the DBS file in v1.2 and it'll correct the bug in the previous version?

Oh, and looking forward to v2.0, will we be able to select a different colour of star for the new 'semi-admin'?

Bandlink.net - http://www.bandlink.net/
Bandlink Music Forums - http://www.bandlink.net/forum/
Go to Top of Page

David K

494 Posts

Posted - 29 December 2002 :  12:49:12  Show Profile  Send David K an AOL message  Send David K an ICQ Message  Send David K a Yahoo! Message
yes, and yes
Go to Top of Page

MarkJH

United Kingdom
1722 Posts

Posted - 29 December 2002 :  17:58:44  Show Profile  Visit MarkJH's Homepage
Good, good stuff.

Bandlink.net - http://www.bandlink.net/
Bandlink Music Forums - http://www.bandlink.net/forum/
Go to Top of Page

stylishvn

Vietnam
185 Posts

Posted - 30 December 2002 :  04:22:13  Show Profile  Visit stylishvn's Homepage  Send stylishvn an ICQ Message  Send stylishvn a Yahoo! Message
seem Forum Admin [ first admin ] couldnot edit his/her Title , only edit other's title, plz check out it, thanks

..:: Welcome #Snitz in Dalnet ::..
Go to Top of Page

DJBBIZ

214 Posts

Posted - 31 December 2002 :  20:38:15  Show Profile  Visit DJBBIZ's Homepage
How is this different from @tomic's Moderator Level Mod? Is one Admin takith and the other Admin giveth? In other words does one create Admins and then limit their power and the other give power to moderators?

"The difference between good ideas and good results is performance"
the management institute | tmiFinance | tmiCreative | ProfileOnDemand
Go to Top of Page

Heynow

374 Posts

Posted - 31 December 2002 :  20:46:12  Show Profile  Visit Heynow's Homepage  Send Heynow an AOL message  Send Heynow a Yahoo! Message
This Mod allows you to turn off admin options and their profile.

Political Forums
:::Stay n Chat
Go to Top of Page

ZeroAvengerX
Starting Member

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 01 January 2003 :  10:36:59  Show Profile  Visit ZeroAvengerX's Homepage  Send ZeroAvengerX an AOL message  Send ZeroAvengerX a Yahoo! Message
this mod lets you deny access to the admin pannel

and the ideas for 2.0 will make this similar to a new user level

@tomic's mod gives them a moderator cp - not everyone wants them to have that power

secondly - this creates the global moderator effect, allowing a user with this level to moderate an entire forum rather than just his assigned area

though this idea needs more than just a little effort, its well worth it (THANKS DAVE!!!) and is not a rip off @tomic's mod, though the names are similar

Edited by - ZeroAvengerX on 01 January 2003 10:39:04
Go to Top of Page

retro

123 Posts

Posted - 04 January 2003 :  14:05:25  Show Profile
Okay....this may be a really dumb question, but when I edit one my users whom I have given Administrator privileges, I see the field that says:

Admin Options Allowed: No

But it's not a dropdown or anything....how would I go about changing that to Yes???

Thanks!

Sean
Go to Top of Page

retro

123 Posts

Posted - 04 January 2003 :  14:20:41  Show Profile
In fact....now that I look more closely, my Admin account can't even get into my Admin optins anymore. I'm guessing that there's something wrong with my Admin account's level???

Ideas??

Sean
Go to Top of Page

richfed
Average Member

United States
999 Posts

Posted - 04 January 2003 :  14:57:35  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage
Ditto here, retro ... same scenario!

Rich
[size=1]A Complete Idiot's Guide to MOD Implementation || On the Trail of the Last of the Mohicans[/size=1]
Go to Top of Page

Heynow

374 Posts

Posted - 04 January 2003 :  15:18:46  Show Profile  Visit Heynow's Homepage  Send Heynow an AOL message  Send Heynow a Yahoo! Message
I had the same problems the other day and had to remove this mod.
quote:
Originally posted by retro

In fact....now that I look more closely, my Admin account can't even get into my Admin optins anymore. I'm guessing that there's something wrong with my Admin account's level???

Ideas??

Political Forums
Go to Top of Page

ZeroAvengerX
Starting Member

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 04 January 2003 :  17:35:16  Show Profile  Visit ZeroAvengerX's Homepage  Send ZeroAvengerX an AOL message  Send ZeroAvengerX a Yahoo! Message
you need to edit your database

if you arent the super administrator (meaning you are the admin the forum is created under) make yourself it
set your forum ID to 1 in the database

this should make it impossible to turn your access to the admin pannel off - also search for the fields where it decides if you have access to the panel and set that to 1
Go to Top of Page

Heynow

374 Posts

Posted - 04 January 2003 :  18:13:53  Show Profile  Visit Heynow's Homepage  Send Heynow an AOL message  Send Heynow a Yahoo! Message
I am #1 (super administrator) and this problem was still occuring.

Political Forums
Go to Top of Page

richfed
Average Member

United States
999 Posts

Posted - 05 January 2003 :  07:01:38  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage
The readme file seems to indicate that running the mod setup database file creates the needed tables AND moves all current administrators to where they need to be in these tables to access all admin functions - then, you need to manually go back & edit any administrators who you want to limit.

In my case, I am the only administrator. I wanted this mod for ease in creating moderators for the entire forum. Doesn't work, at least as I'm interpreting the instructions. Like Heynow777, I had to remove the mod.

David K., what are we doing wrong?

Rich
[size=1]A Complete Idiot's Guide to MOD Implementation || On the Trail of the Last of the Mohicans[/size=1]
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07