AdminLevel MOD for Snitz 3.4.03
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

David K

494 Posts

Posted - 12 December 2002 :  20:07:21  Show Profile  Send David K an AOL message  Send David K an ICQ Message  Send David K a Yahoo! Message
This mod allows you to use an "Admin Level" field to disallow admins to use the admin options, it allows youto have Semi-Admins or something like global moderators with user editing options.

Download link:
http://www.snitzbitz.com/mods/details.asp?Version=All&mid=115

Based on a request by ZeroAvengerX posted here.

Any comments\coplaints\praises, please post here

zbenggg

Israel
227 Posts

Posted - 12 December 2002 :  20:22:24  Show Profile
Thank you very much !
Big MOD...

I love Israel
Go to Top of Page

ZeroAvengerX
Starting Member

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 12 December 2002 :  22:04:05  Show Profile  Visit ZeroAvengerX's Homepage  Send ZeroAvengerX an AOL message  Send ZeroAvengerX a Yahoo! Message
THANK YOU DAVID!!!! YOU ARE MY HERO!!!
Go to Top of Page

ZeroAvengerX
Starting Member

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 12 December 2002 :  22:38:05  Show Profile  Visit ZeroAvengerX's Homepage  Send ZeroAvengerX an AOL message  Send ZeroAvengerX a Yahoo! Message
dave, as a secondary request would you be able to make it possible to set stars for this new level of users? like if M_LEVEL = 3 and M_ALEVEL = 0 (or whatever your variables where, just set both conditions) and make n option in the admin ranks config to give them seprate star colors

then in the profiles form just make it say Global Moderators instead of saying admin and having an extra box (im pretty sure i could do this with hidden form fields but i wanna run it by you 1st)

and lastly, make it so if they dont have access to the admin options they cant edit anyones profiles

this way the mod looks and acts basically like a global moderator thing normally would, and still is usable the way you have done it

if you do this dave, you will have created the most valuable mod here, and i am sure you will be worshiped by more than just me, because this would be an exact working 'duplicate' of the global moderator mod everyone has been wanting forever!
Go to Top of Page

David K

494 Posts

Posted - 13 December 2002 :  08:51:25  Show Profile  Send David K an AOL message  Send David K an ICQ Message  Send David K a Yahoo! Message
It would require quite a bit of work, if (other) people would say there's a need for it, I might add it as a featuer to V2.0
Go to Top of Page

Heynow

374 Posts

Posted - 14 December 2002 :  12:30:13  Show Profile  Visit Heynow's Homepage  Send Heynow an AOL message  Send Heynow a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for the MOD David, this will help me a lot.

Political Forums
:::Stay n Chat
Go to Top of Page

David K

494 Posts

Posted - 14 December 2002 :  12:50:18  Show Profile  Send David K an AOL message  Send David K an ICQ Message  Send David K a Yahoo! Message
Version 1.1 is out, it's a bugfix, Please update your files!
Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2385 Posts

Posted - 15 December 2002 :  21:15:11  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by ZeroAvengerX
if you do this dave, you will have created the most valuable mod here, and i am sure you will be worshiped by more than just me, because this would be an exact working 'duplicate' of the global moderator mod everyone has been wanting forever!

Yes, please, I would LOVE to see this MOD come about!!

I am needing two things ... one is the global moderator for managing other moderators and the other is subcategories that these "other" moderators can moderate.

I hope that's not confusing.

I am learning with Snitz 3.3.05. I only have admin and moderator positions, and I only have category and forum areas. I wish I had category moderator, sub-category moderator, and forum moderator positions (to where the admin could have time to do more technical and administrative functions), and I wish I had category, sub-category, and forum areas.

I'm on pain-killers for a busted toe right now, so if all that I just said makes no sense at all, just pitty me! LOL!

Thanks again for the MOD!!

Happy Holidays,

Etymon

Edited by - Etymon on 15 December 2002 21:21:00
Go to Top of Page

MarkJH

United Kingdom
1722 Posts

Posted - 16 December 2002 :  12:13:47  Show Profile  Visit MarkJH's Homepage
David, this is the nearest we have to a Global Moderator MOD, which a lot of us have been waiting for for a long time... thanks!

Bandlink.net - http://www.bandlink.net/
Bandlink Music Forums - http://www.bandlink.net/forum/
Go to Top of Page

MarkJH

United Kingdom
1722 Posts

Posted - 16 December 2002 :  13:11:22  Show Profile  Visit MarkJH's Homepage
MOD installed perfectly.

Just one question though; shouldn't there be an endif at the end of this change in inc_header.asp?

After line 204 (in the modified ver):
mLev = cLng(chkUser(strDBNTUserName, Request.Cookies(strUniqueID & "User")("Pword"),-1))

add this line:
if mLev = 4 then aAllowed = cLng(IsAdminAllowed(strDBNTUserName, Request.Cookies(strUniqueID & "User")("Pword"),-1))

Go to Top of Page

bjlt

1144 Posts

Posted - 16 December 2002 :  13:44:16  Show Profile
if "if ... then ..." is in one line then "end if" could be omited.

Edited by - bjlt on 16 December 2002 13:45:37
Go to Top of Page

MarkJH

United Kingdom
1722 Posts

Posted - 16 December 2002 :  13:49:59  Show Profile  Visit MarkJH's Homepage
Aha!

An ASP newbie...

Go to Top of Page

David K

494 Posts

Posted - 16 December 2002 :  19:28:50  Show Profile  Send David K an AOL message  Send David K an ICQ Message  Send David K a Yahoo! Message
if you like this one, you'll love ver 2.0!
It should give you the ability to choose everything semi-admins can do! (deleting stuff, editing forums\catagories\group catagories\members) I made a diagram for the design but it'll take a while to finish!

I love to see you like it, my last MOD was downloded, but no comments were made.
Go to Top of Page

Heynow

374 Posts

Posted - 16 December 2002 :  20:15:00  Show Profile  Visit Heynow's Homepage  Send Heynow an AOL message  Send Heynow a Yahoo! Message
Hi David, great MOD and really looking forward to ver2.0
quote:
Originally posted by David K

if you like this one, you'll love ver 2.0!
It should give you the ability to choose everything semi-admins can do! (deleting stuff, editing forums\catagories\group catagories\members) I made a diagram for the design but it'll take a while to finish!

I love to see you like it, my last MOD was downloded, but no comments were made.

Political Forums
:::Stay n Chat
Go to Top of Page

David K

494 Posts

Posted - 17 December 2002 :  10:41:21  Show Profile  Send David K an AOL message  Send David K an ICQ Message  Send David K a Yahoo! Message
now if only the user zbenggg would let me work on it insted of helping him
Go to Top of Page

ZeroAvengerX
Starting Member

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 17 December 2002 :  15:38:05  Show Profile  Visit ZeroAvengerX's Homepage  Send ZeroAvengerX an AOL message  Send ZeroAvengerX a Yahoo! Message
i just might start a dave is the man website, cuz 2.0 sounds like it will solve ALL moderation problems EVER
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07