Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

n/a
deleted

593 Posts

Posted - 16 December 2002 :  14:09:08  Show Profile
Hi OneWay... this is really good. Now I have it both in V4b03 forum and V3.4.03 forum...

I would like to inquire whether you may consider to add "rank ordering" or "prioritizing" option in Admin Option of this MOD. I saw this with other MOD - FAQ MOD by someone else where instead of Viewing a FAQ, it has "ranking order" option to organize new faqs in different order than a default ordering of topics/items by creation. (Although this particular FAQ MOD was rendering all faq created in raw html tags and could not use). This way, all "rules" created can be rearranged in order when needed... This may require a popup window to do sorting as the Forum has but would be a nice feature to add if possible....

Otherwise, this is really a good and handly one. Thanks.

Taku
Go to Top of Page

jfitz

USA
345 Posts

Posted - 17 December 2002 :  16:47:45  Show Profile
I thought about this too, but if you have not too many rules (I wound up with nine), then it's fairly easy to cut and paste the rules into the order you want them in.
quote:
Originally posted by LeoRat
consider to add "rank ordering" or "prioritizing" option in Admin Option of this MOD.

--Jördan
It's a wasted day if you don't spend at least part of it flying upside down.
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule
Dev. Team Member & Support Moderator

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 18 December 2002 :  13:40:09  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
Hey all, thanks for the feedback and suggestions!

LeoRat, I really appreciate your work and feedback.
Regarding your comments:

quote:
Am not sure what is the different in handling Editing function between V1.0 and V1.1 - I kind of compared both admin_rules.asp but could't really tell... do you have any suggestion for fixing this problem in V1.0 (sort of going backward but...). I noticed that this issue was also raised above...
Will do, I'll release a v1.1 for Snitz v3.3/v3, just to have a 100% working version for all Snitz versions.

quote:
This way, all "rules" created can be rearranged in order when needed... This may require a popup window to do sorting as the Forum has but would be a nice feature to add if possible....

Good idea, didn't think of that. Not sure if I find the time to add this feature this week, but it should be done soon.

And richfed:
quote:
I converted this to be more a "Posting Tips" type of thing by simply changing the hardcoded text ...
I'd be interested how it looks like... if you have a "demo" of that online... thanks.

My MODs:
Birthdays - Custom Policy - F.A.Q. Administration - Forum Rules - Guestbook
Links Manager - MyOwnGoogle - Profile Views - Search Log - WebSearch

Useful stuff:
Forum and MOD Installation - MOD Installation Guide - Snitz v3.4.05 Readme - Free ASP Hosts - Support Snitz
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

593 Posts

Posted - 18 December 2002 :  14:03:57  Show Profile
Hi OneWay... that's great. Will wait to re-pack V4b03 version...until V1.1 is available. (Functinally working and string variable namings need to be rearranged ... at present, but with these new features "planned", can repack together with new lang mods - currently lang files installed for all 8 languages...although some of these are done using machine translations.... ) When ready, you can review it and perhaps come up with a better German lang version as well as use it for V1.1 for V3.4.03 to be "international" compatible with V4.4 with a little tweek as done in Active Users MOD which carry both installation guideline for V3.4.x and V4.x...Assuming the same/similar codes used in Active Users to add "international feature" to V3.x can work for supporting languages.

OneWay - plz ignore the last (crossed out) - I realized there are more basic issues that need to be reviewed with this type MOD in handling multilingual contents besides UI localization...obviously significantly different from AU type mod in dealing with contents... must look at V4.x related stuff more closely... Thanks.

Thanks and
Best

Taku

Edited by - n/a on 19 December 2002 16:27:02
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 20 December 2002 :  11:03:25  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
Ignored.

Oh, btw I'm going to release the next version in about 2 days, I'm currently a bit busy, so please be patient.

My MODs:

Useful stuff:
Forum and MOD Installation - MOD Installation Guide - Snitz v3.4.05 Readme - Free ASP Hosts - Support Snitz
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

593 Posts

Posted - 20 December 2002 :  18:11:39  Show Profile
Thanks for "ignoring"....
I may come up with an adiditonal "enhancement request" so to speak...
Good to know next release is on an immediate horizon.

Cheers.

Taku
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 21 December 2002 :  13:19:58  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
Keep your feature requests coming, I'm always willing to improve my MODs.

My MODs:

Useful stuff:
Go to Top of Page

jfitz

USA
345 Posts

Posted - 21 December 2002 :  21:43:47  Show Profile
Viewing forum rules should not require login. I believe that this requires adding two lines to inc_header.asp to check for add rules.asp as the currently requested page: around line 180 and again around line 359. It seems to work for me, but I don't know the code well enough to know if both those additions are necessary.

quote:
Originally posted by OneWayMule

Keep your feature requests coming, I'm always willing to improve my MODs.

--Jördan
It's a wasted day if you don't spend at least part of it flying upside down.
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 22 December 2002 :  08:14:42  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
quote:
Originally posted by jfitz

Viewing forum rules should not require login.
I'll think about that!

My MODs:

Useful stuff:
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 22 December 2002 :  22:37:08  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
New version (v1.2) available.

You are now able to change the order of the rules.

Have fun!

My MODs:

Useful stuff:
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

593 Posts

Posted - 23 December 2002 :  15:52:08  Show Profile
Works like a charm. Upgrade install is easy as 123. Love this one! Thanks and Merry Xmas.

Taku
Go to Top of Page

samyot

Canada
242 Posts

Posted - 10 January 2003 :  16:09:54  Show Profile  Visit samyot's Homepage  Send samyot a Yahoo! Message
Hi,

When I create a new rule, it has order 1, if I change it to 8 (for example) and submit the new order, I now have two identical rules, one still at 1 and one at 8.

Anybody else getting this?

Sylvain Amyot
Forum | Home

MY OTHER SITES:
http://www.mypcsecurity.ca
http://www.mynature.ca
http://www.myworkshop.ca
http://www.toptechsites.com
http://www.topsportsites.com
http://www.mysportsforums.net
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

593 Posts

Posted - 10 January 2003 :  17:00:27  Show Profile
I played with an order change a little but didn't get this problem....(though mine has total 6 and am not sure whether it has anything to do with a number of rules....)

Taku
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 11 January 2003 :  05:57:06  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
quote:
Originally posted by samyot

Hi,

When I create a new rule, it has order 1, if I change it to 8 (for example) and submit the new order, I now have two identical rules, one still at 1 and one at 8.

Anybody else getting this?

The error you've posted is simply not possible, except if you submitted a rule twice.
Do you have a site where you can reproduce the error? I'd like to see it

My MODs:

Useful stuff:
Go to Top of Page

XavierSlater

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 17 January 2003 :  12:21:14  Show Profile  Visit XavierSlater's Homepage
Forum Rules should also be linked from the Policy.asp? Because although the AUP is nice and generic, I would advocate adding it as a link withini the AUP prior to sign-up.

Just a thought.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07