Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 !!!!Urgent!!! Need to ban email domain - Help!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Hamlin
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2386 Posts

Posted - 16 June 2002 :  16:49:47  Show Profile
I think if the split thinghy (dont know what to call it ), or in this case the @ is not in the string the hole thing gets returned to the 1st position in the array.

So you could add another little check, but if your adding the email mod you wont really need to bother with this.

.::Hamlin::.
The Arsenal!
In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey

Edited by - Hamlin on 16 June 2002 16:53:46
Go to Top of Page

jeanvallery
Starting Member

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 29 July 2002 :  15:13:56  Show Profile  Visit jeanvallery's Homepage
I tried to install the email validation mod on the current version 3.3.05 no success.
How long will it be before the new version comes out with the email validation as a part of the snitz forum, not a mod?

Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 29 July 2002 :  15:20:21  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
quote:

I tried to install the email validation mod on the current version 3.3.05 no success.
How long will it be before the new version comes out with the email validation as a part of the snitz forum, not a mod?

Next version (3.4) will include email validation. 3.4 is now on Release Candidate status, RC1 should be installed here this week, so the final version should be near.

However I'd advise you to post the errors you may have had in the Help: MOD Implementation forums, and surely you'll get help to overcome your problem.

-------------------------------------------------
Installation Guide | Do's and Dont's | MODs
Go to Top of Page

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 29 July 2002 :  16:26:46  Show Profile
quote:

badMail = Request.Form("Email")
badMail2 = Split(badMail, "@")
if badMail2(1) = "rpgoffice.com" then
Err_Msg = Err_Msg & "<li>Further Email addresses from rpgoffice.com are prohibited</li>"
end if

If I were you, I wouldn't even show a reason why the registration didn't go through. If that guy/girl is using a fake domain now, what'll stop him from picking another one and registering a couple dozen times with that?

Roland

http://www.frutzle.com

Snitz Exchange | Snitz Icons | Do's and Dont's
Go to Top of Page

Xmo1
Starting Member

28 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2002 :  07:02:52  Show Profile  Visit Xmo1's Homepage
I've encountered many people who use such tactics because they suffer from a lack of social skill development. What they are trying to do is communicate. They essentially 'pick a fight' with anyone they want to talk to. The best thing to do is nothing. The work that they do will have been in vain, and they will be (unrewarded and) less encouraged to do it to someone else. If you respond (a reward) with something they will continue trying to 'communicate' and in some cases the problem will escalate rather than extinguish, and be more likely to cause real damage to your system. Something to think about.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07