post.asp confusion
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sy
Average Member

United Kingdom
638 Posts

Posted - 08 August 2002 :  19:54:07  Show Profile  Visit sy's Homepage  Send sy a Yahoo! Message
Hi all,

I am looking at embedding post.asp file into a tabled layout on my test forum, and am experiencing difficulties.

It is the standard (secured update) version of the code with no modifications applied.

Everything is cool until i go to test reply to a post, whereupon all the tables become split and unordered, as if something is wrong with the 'topic review' area.

I searched several times for an answer (change default size, change topic review e.t.c) but no joy.

Has anyone come up with a solution to this issue that can help me?

Its just this one page that is throwing the whole thing off.

Recap: its embedded in a table, called via an include, it works fine when just starting a topic, when replying to topic the tables are broken.

Thanks,

Sy

Gremlin
General Help Moderator

New Zealand
7528 Posts

Posted - 08 August 2002 :  22:57:15  Show Profile  Visit Gremlin's Homepage
Can you post a link ? sounds to me like theres just a table tag missing somewhere which is causing the tables not to be rendered correctly.
Go to Top of Page

sy
Average Member

United Kingdom
638 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2002 :  04:11:31  Show Profile  Visit sy's Homepage  Send sy a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Gremlin

Can you post a link ? sounds to me like theres just a table tag missing somewhere which is causing the tables not to be rendered correctly.

Hi,

Its not online so i cant provide a link, it is however an untouched copy of the post.asp from the latest version, 3.3.05.

Sy

Edited by - sy on 09 August 2002 04:12:21
Go to Top of Page

sy
Average Member

United Kingdom
638 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2002 :  04:19:01  Show Profile  Visit sy's Homepage  Send sy a Yahoo! Message
UPDATE:

Hi all, thanks for looking at my problem.

I had a brain wave, and did what any insane person would do and load whole portions of the code into frontpage to let it autodestroy. ;).

The missing sections appear to have been unclosed tables at the end of the topic review header cell, working now.

Cheers,

sy
Go to Top of Page

Gremlin
General Help Moderator

New Zealand
7528 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2002 :  06:47:49  Show Profile  Visit Gremlin's Homepage
I do vaguely recall that there was one missing tag in post.asp somewhere as I had similar problems when I chopped it up myself.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07