No E-Mail at Registration?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

esgolf
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 01 April 2002 :  17:46:27  Show Profile
Is there any easy mod I can make to disable the e-mail addresses as mandatory at registration time? It seems the opposite of many posts which seem to want to verify addresses.

This small golf league and we already maintain e-mail lists on our site so it's duplication as well as security thing (people might not want their work e-mails out there). Basically the forum is only accessed by the league members.

I'm using the out of the box forum with Access 2000 DB.

-ESGolf

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 01 April 2002 :  18:17:21  Show Profile
You could remove the validation for the e-mail field from inc_profile.asp and register.asp and then remove the red stars from pop_profile.asp and register.asp and e-mail addresses aren't required anymore. Then you could hard-code your own e-mail address in the code that sends out a confirmation e-mail so you'll be notified of new members, or you could remove that entire code from register.asp which is a lot more work.

http://www.frutzle.com

Snitz Exchange | Do's and Dont's
Go to Top of Page

esgolf
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2002 :  00:10:52  Show Profile
Thanks, I was able to do it fairly easily. It wasn't bad, I commented out some code in register.asp pop_profile.asp and inc_profile.asp. I also changed the policy statement in policy.asp

-ESGolf
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07